WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

5th wheel hitch feedback.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Getting a new 5th wheel and need some feedback on hitches. I had a old Reese 20k before.

Now having the prep system looking to see what’s out there. I like the Reese M5 and the B&W companion.

what do you have and do you like it?

Your ad here

Reaction score
I had a reese 16k on a manual slider. It's old but I liked it. I could separate the head from the slider making it 2 pieces and lift the hitch in and out easy with my little arms. Low tech so low failure. If I had to get another hitch I would go with the same setup. Rails and all.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I had a Trailair Air Ride pin box and it was amazing [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HavaToon

Reaction score
B&W is the only one you should be looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbcconst

Reaction score
A few years ago I switched from a reese that was the noisiest clunking hitch to the Pullrite which is smooth and quiet. I dont know anything about the other brands but can vouch for the pullrite, it was recommended by giant rv and thompsons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Icky

Reaction score
Digging this back up as I need to add a 5th hitch to my 2013 2500 Mega cab for my new to me 2016 Genesis 40cr. My new truck will be here in a few months, 2021 3500 mega cab and will have the oem pucks. I'd like to buy an automatic slider that I can use in both trucks with minimal cost to change mounting points. I reached out to pullrite to get their opinion but I thought I'd pick your brains.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I ended up getting a 27k Reese brand new used 1x off Craigslist for $400 that had the pucks for my truck.

Wanted and air ride hitch but couldn’t pass on the deal.

@Icky : I think it was BW that has a kit that has a puck connection bracket that can accept a non puck BW hitch. So you can have rails in the old truck and the bracket in the new truck and use the same hitch in both.

Last edited: