WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

5TH Wheel hitch install

boatnam2

Reaction score
Looking for a place to install a 5th wheel hitch closer to Long beach the better. Tried the search but it blows!

X Hoser

Reaction score
I went to Camping World. Figured if I had any problems while traveling there may be a Camping World close for warranty work? Their prices seemed in line with most everywhere.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I went to Camping World. Figured if I had any problems while traveling there may be a Camping World close for warranty work? Their prices seemed in line with most everywhere.
Thanks Hoser!

Ladsm

Reaction score
Camping world runs specials. I signed up for a year membership and got any item purchased installed for $25. I bought a set of universal 5th wheel hitch rails for $99 and they installed them for $25. They lost their Arse on that sale.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Camping world runs specials. I signed up for a year membership and got any item purchased installed for $25. I bought a set of universal 5th wheel hitch rails for $99 and they installed them for $25. They lost their Arse on that sale.
Dam! nice deal....

Your ad here

Reaction score
Bolt on, universal drill to mount, or weld on? I was going to say Hitch Crafters in Costa Mesa but looks like they have closed.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Look into the B&W gooseneck and companion hitch, no rails in the bed when not being used if you don't already have the hitch.
This..They aren't cheap but they are solid. I had one on my last truck and now I'm using one on my new truck with the factory pucks

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not cheap for sure, probably $3500 when you add in bracket, wiring and install. I don't mind paying for something nice.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Not cheap for sure, probably $3500 when you add in bracket, wiring and install. I don't mind paying for something nice.
That seems pretty steep, I would shop around. My entire package was $1800 for parts and $500 for labor.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
If you are buying a 5th wheel from a dealer, check them out for the hitch, on both of my trailers, my hitches (both BP and 5er) were cheaper from the RV dealer than buying them anywhere else. They also were also the cheapest on a B&W gooseneck hitch installed on my friends Super Duty when he bought a trailer from them as well.

sintax

Reaction score
Look into the B&W gooseneck and companion hitch, no rails in the bed when not being used if you don't already have the hitch.

woah thats the ticket for sure, i didnt even know that was a thing.

boatnam2

Reaction score
If you are buying a 5th wheel from a dealer, check them out for the hitch, on both of my trailers, my hitches (both BP and 5er) were cheaper from the RV dealer than buying them anywhere else. They also were also the cheapest on a B&W gooseneck hitch installed on my friends Super Duty when he bought a trailer from them as well.
Trying to not use a dealer and buy private party, 10.4 % tax in LBC, I hate paying taxes the older i get. I was second call on a deal today, i told person i could be on my way now, they said they were giving the first guy to call a shot first and they bought it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
$3500 wholly shit. That’s crazy. I’m looking a a demco recon and b&w rails. And a wiring harness from Amazon. I will be under 1200.

boatnam2

Reaction score
$3500 wholly shit. That’s crazy. I’m looking a a demco recon and b&w rails. And a wiring harness from Amazon. I will be under 1200.
Well I haven't actually got a quote, but gooseneck for truck is 800, hitch 1600, wiring kit and 4 hours labor guessing could be a little less or a little more. Demco will be even more.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well I haven't actually got a quote, but gooseneck for truck is 800, hitch 1600, wiring kit and 4 hours labor guessing could be a little less or a little more. Demco will be even more.

That’s allot of money just so you can run a goose neck. This is the hitch I will likely go with. The only down side is I will have rails in the bed. Which they get in the way. But not to bad.
0EE444FA-9B91-426A-B370-424ED2406D55.png

wet hull

Reaction score
I have the B&W companion in my truck. Its absolutely all its cracked up to be. Very smooth when towing. Worth every penny. Be warned that its heavy as hell and a bitch to get out of gooseneck hitch! I lift mine out with a chain and excavator. Damn near impossible with man power only.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
I picked up and self installed my BW goosenck underbed hitch, but stuck with using the gooseneck adapter on the 5er i just bought. Always contemplated switching to the companion 5 hitch and getting rid of the adapter.
I’m have heard its a heavy sob and people remove the pivot head first then lift out the rest.

I am in maybe 600 bucks so far and added the 7 pin splitter from my factory connection and wired it up to my bed side. Cost like 25 bucks and an hour time.
Hitch install by myself on my 2500 chevy was like 4 hours

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We tried the Andersen and really like it, 40 pounds makes it simple to take in and out, and our truck has the factory gooseneck so the Andersen bolts to that in about 5 minutes.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We tried the Andersen and really like it, 40 pounds makes it simple to take in and out, and our truck has the factory gooseneck so the Andersen bolts to that in about 5 minutes.
People either love or hate those hitches. After seeing a few cracked I will go with something heavier.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Dilligaf has one for sale if I decide to go 5er.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I picked up and self installed my BW goosenck underbed hitch, but stuck with using the gooseneck adapter on the 5er i just bought. Always contemplated switching to the companion 5 hitch and getting rid of the adapter.
I’m have heard its a heavy sob and people remove the pivot head first then lift out the rest.

I am in maybe 600 bucks so far and added the 7 pin splitter from my factory connection and wired it up to my bed side. Cost like 25 bucks and an hour time.
Hitch install by myself on my 2500 chevy was like 4 hours
You seem pretty handy with the wrenches, you want to install one on my truck if I get a 5er?

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
You seem pretty handy with the wrenches, you want to install one on my truck if I get a 5er?
Ah man i appreciate the idea. Normally i would be all over it. I might have to pass this time. Have a lot to get done before river season.