WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

5th Wheel Tires - Tire & Shop Recommendations Parker or North OC

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Well the time has come to replace the tires on my 5th wheel. No issues since I've gotten the trailer but the date codes are January of 2017 and I don't want to push it any longer especially since the trailer lives out at the river during the summer months. I'm going to be bringing it home next week and want to get 5 new tires for it (including the spare). Ideally a stop in Parker before I pull out of town would be best for peace of mind on the pull back home so that brings me to question #1, what is the best shop in Parker to handle this? If Parker is a no go, I will pull it back to North OC and find somewhere local so I'm open to recommendations for shops in my area as well. @LakeMead Boater you do RV tires?

Current tires are Constancy LY 188 tires which are 225/75R15 load range D with 75 mph speed ratings. I believe these are cheap chinese tires. Max load on tires are 2,540lbs at 65 PSI. Dry weight of trailer is 8,060 lbs and gross is 9,900 so I think I'm good with a D load range tire considering its not a toy hauler and it is rarely towed with full water, etc. With that, question #2, what brand of tire is everyone running on their trailers with a similar tire? I'm not too concerned with cost, just want a good tire that will give me the best shot at avoiding blowouts.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I had Interstate in Parker do mine last year and they were good. Wasn’t the cheapest but was super easy.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
@LakeMead Boater is the man in the tire world. He’s in OC
I've had the pleasure of doing some business with Brandon. I guess I could text him but I know he's busy measuring his Hallett sticker to make sure it centered properly on his truck.

I had Interstate in Parker do mine last year and they were good. Wasn’t the cheapest but was super easy.
Did you mean Stateline? I googled Interstate and nothing came up and don't recall ever seeing an Interstate in town. I called Spanky's and they said Stateline does a ton of RVs. Either way, how quick were they do get it done? Trying to plan this out as efficiently as possible.

RD just posted about a place in Havasu
I saw that but that is out of the way for me since I'm just south of Parker.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Did you mean Stateline? I googled Interstate and nothing came up and don't recall ever seeing an Interstate in town. I called Spanky's and they said Stateline does a ton of RVs. Either way, how quick were they do get it done? Trying to plan this out as efficiently as possible.

Yes Stateline. Not sure why I wrote Interstate.

I stopped by and told them what I needed. They didn’t have my size but ordered them and I made an appointment. I was in and out in an hour tops.

I would call them to make sure they have your spec and then make the appointment.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Yes Stateline. Not sure why I wrote Interstate.

I stopped by and told them what I needed. They didn’t have my size but ordered them and I made an appointment. I was in and out in an hour tops.

I would call them to make sure they have your spec and then make the appointment.

Right on, thanks for the info. I'll definitely call ahead. Now we'll see if @LakeMead Boater says to go somewhere else because he can't fit me into his schedule. Apparently men's only hot yoga and birdwatching is taking up quite a bit of his time nowadays.

HavaToon

Reaction score
You want All Steel tires normally you’d need 16” rims but I just saw this advertisement on race lines Instagram

IMG_4597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Right on, thanks for the info. I'll definitely call ahead. Now we'll see if @LakeMead Boater says to go somewhere else because he can't fit me into his schedule. Apparently men's only hot yoga and birdwatching is taking up quite a bit of his time nowadays.

LOL! I'll call you in a few, was trying to order my lunch off the hot dog cart.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Well the good news, COVID shut down hot yoga and the birds have migrated so Brandon is going to fit me in.

Guess I can put this one to bed. Brandon gave me some great options and is getting me dialed in as always. I'll report back after I get the bill as it is my understanding there was a huge price increase that came through this afternoon right after he read this thread.... I was just kidding about the bird watching.