WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

60 Minutes Sunday Evening will be Lake Mead water drought

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Ya know , people that were for years labeled conspiracy theorist wackos , are now being found out to be true ! So go easy on ole Steve .
Some of you suckers that have never met Steve need to keep your fingers off the keyboard about Ole' Steve, he knows his shit and isn't about to live the lifestyle he does by being stupid!!

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Members may be interested in watching 60 Minutes Sunday Evening. There is going to be a segment on Lake Mead and the "Water Crisis" that has been covered extensively by 2FF

in here for a Very Long Time.
You don't think there's going to be an ounce of truth to that show do you????? "come on man"

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Some of you suckers that have never met Steve need to keep your fingers off the keyboard about Ole' Steve, he knows his shit and isn't about to live the lifestyle he does by being stupid!!
I’ve known Steve a long time, and consider him a friend. That’s why I give him shit, but know where to draw the line. If not my phone would be ringing already.

jet496

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what lies 60 Minutes will be trying to sell us. They are part of the MSM propaganda machine & when they run a story it's to try & sell us on something. This will be interesting.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
WTF, can they SPIN? There is More water being taken out than is running in. There has been Thousands moving West for Years and think they need Green Lawns, Swimming Pools and a Golf Course on Every Corner. Then the Snow Pack is below even Normal.

SPIn however you want, It Is What It Is.

I'm going to watch, and see what is going to be said.

grumpy88

Reaction score
WTF, can they SPIN? There is More water being taken out than is running in. There has been Thousands moving West for Years and think they need Green Lawns, Swimming Pools and a Golf Course on Every Corner. Then the Snow Pack is below even Normal.

Lools like they already did there job and sold you . Your right its the water on the grass not the millions and millions of illegals and apartments beeing built . Over population of the region is the problem not my lawn and i will not stop using one fucking drop of water till the border is closed and building permits are stopped !

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Lools like they already did there job and sold you . Your right its the water on the grass not the millions and millions of illegals and apartments beeing built . Over population of the region is the problem not my lawn and i will not stop using one fucking drop of water till the border is closed and building permits are stopped !

If you believe it is the Illegals that have caused this Decades-long problem you have been Drinking more than Water. Lake Mead has been dropping for years

Now it has become OMG!! what are we going to do? I lived along the Missouri River for years and know All About Water Management and actually the Army Corps

of Engineers Mismanagement has Not helped.

The Desert South West was Not originally a Green Lawn.:confused:

Don't get me wrong here, YOU can water so long your Drive Way turns Green, I could Care less. I find it amusing so many have dismissed Steve as some Nut Case.

This Water situation is Scary Serious, and I do not believe the U.S. Government has any answers, but you never know, Just might learn something tomorrow

evening VS, watching NFL Football.o_O

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You don't think there's going to be an ounce of truth to that show do you????? "come on man"

I used to Love 60 Minutes. Always learned something watching that show.

But that was back when Andy Rooney was around.

Watched it recently just for kicks and couldn't believe how far left it is now.

Andy must be rolling in his grave. 😕

jet496

Reaction score

All I'm saying is that if 60 Minutes is doing a story they are trying to sell us on some lies. I agree there is a drought & it really seems quite cut & dry (no pun intended) that there's simply not enough water & more people using it, but 60 Minutes is a propaganda machine & has been for decades. It will be interesting to watch.

2Driver

Reaction score
I’ve known Steve a long time, and consider him a friend. That’s why I give him shit, but know where to draw the line. If not my phone would be ringing already.

LOL yep 2FF takes it very well, also gives it out equally.

Booshy

Reaction score
I to used to like watching 60min. Not anymore!!

From what I read in some of the posts. I thought the issue was there releasing more water then they need to. I have a place at the lower river and each summer for years there was always sandbar and sand for the kids. Last few years little to no sand bars anywhere. Water has been high!! I thought it odd and didn’t make sense after so many consistent summers.

If the fed runs the water storage and distribution I don’t put it past them to release and waste the water!

Colorado has some good snow packs recently someone posted.. I assume we’re all drawing water but why is the lower river so high last few years??

kurtis500

Reaction score
Kinda funny…. People build dams, measure water, then claim global problems over the last ‘X’ amount of years. Some even think we are capable of saving the planet. LOL!! (But can’t keep a power grid turned on year round)
If the rain has slowed maybe the earth wants us gone and is going to make it painful…?

Mother Nature doesn’t give AF about us. One volcano eruption could do more than all mankind could ever dream of. Even with nukes.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Kinda funny…. People build dams, measure water, then claim global problems over the last ‘X’ amount of years. Some even think we are capable of saving the planet. LOL!! (But can’t keep a power grid turned on year round)
If the rain has slowed maybe the earth wants us gone and is going to make it painful…?

Mother Nature doesn’t give AF about us. One volcano eruption could do more than all mankind could ever dream of. Even with nukes.

X a Billion!!! 👍🏼👍🏼

grumpy88

Reaction score
If you believe it is the Illegals that have caused this Decades-long problem you have been Drinking more than Water. Lake Mead has been dropping for years

Now it has become OMG!! what are we going to do? I lived along the Missouri River for years and know All About Water Management and actually the Army Corps

of Engineers Mismanagement has Not helped.

The Desert South West was Not originally a Green Lawn.:confused:

Don't get me wrong here, YOU can water so long your Drive Way turns Green, I could Care less. I find it amusing so many have dismissed Steve as some Nut Case.

This Water situation is Scary Serious, and I do not believe the U.S. Government has any answers, but you never know, Just might learn something tomorrow

evening VS, watching NFL Football.o_O
The illegals equal x amount of southern population . They all shower and wash clothes and use the bathroom . Over population in the southwest is what is over drawing the available water source . It just happens the biggest group populating the south west is coming across the border . I beleave a lot of what steve says except the push for people to live in the dirt at the expense to save water .

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Unfortunately 60 minutes has less than zero credibility anymore.... I wouldn't count on anything worth a shit from them other that climate change and systemic racism are responsible for the drought.

rrrr

Reaction score

A quick rrrr RDP History Lesson™...

As a cub reporter in his twenties, Andy Rooney flew on several bombing missions with the Eighth Air Force in a B-17. He was also there during other key events in the war against Germany.

Rooney, like many correspondents, didn't have to carry a weapon to be a hero in WWII. He risked his life several times to show the people back home how their sons and brothers were fighting and dying. Along with other reporters, Walter Cronkite also flew on bombing missions into Germany.

Fifty four Allied war correspondents died while covering the battlefield in WWII. Many more were injured. One of those killed was Bill Genaust, who was on Iwo Jima's Mount Suribachi in February 1945 with a movie camera and captured the raising of the American flag.

That same moment was made famous by UPI photographer Joe Rosenthal, whose iconic shot was immortalized in bronze. The sculpture guards the entrance to Arlington Memorial Cemetery.

Genaust disappeared a few days after filming the flag raising. His body was never found.

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The illegals equal x amount of southern population . They all shower and wash clothes and use the bathroom . Over population in the southwest is what is over drawing the available water source . It just happens the biggest group populating the south west is coming across the border . I beleave a lot of what steve says except the push for people to live in the dirt at the expense to save water .
I hate the invasion as much as anyone, but the fact is, none of the states are exceeding their entitlements, so it don't matter what it's being used for. Most BTW is going to agriculture. The problem is no consistent inflow for 20 years. The solution is, more rain and snow, or cut entitlements. If entitlements are cut then it will become important as to how the states manage the water.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I hate the invasion as much as anyone, but the fact is, none of the states are exceeding their entitlements, so it don't matter what it's being used for. Most BTW is going to agriculture. The problem is no consistent inflow for 20 years. The solution is, more rain and snow, or cut entitlements. If entitlements are cut then it will become important as to how the states manage the water.
In the end the water allocations dont mean squat if its not there . Its not percentage based . More people living in the south west is a fact . More people are coming across the border to live in the south west is a fact . More building permits being issued every day is a fact . These are all controllable things , making it snow is not . Maybe we should stay in our wheel house as humans .

Kenboat

Reaction score
Living in Michigan I don't want any other states to get a pipeline of my water I use to water my lawn, not really we don't need to!
The west is growing and water is limited.
Take out the immigrants and the current populations is still greater than the area can support with the north east lifestyle of green lawns and pools.

Read about the great dust that did occur in the plains states in the 1930's. It just stopped raining for years. And it caused the Okies to migrate to California. They came for work but the locals did every thing they could to drive them out.

For what ever reason the climate is changing or local governments have broken down and 250 million have migrated and will keep moving to areas that will allow them to live.
My roots run back to Germany, and Scotland when my relatives moved to the USA in1870's. They came to this country because this country offered a better life? The waves that had settled in the US previously hated the new folks, they did not consider them natives like themselves.

The world is trying to put up walls to keep out others, look at what happened Dec 7th, 1941 when the US wanted to just stay out of the worlds problems. We need to provide leadership, and force world wide. This week Russia and China are doing joint military maneuvers.

Back to boating!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
In the end the water allocations dont mean squat if its not there . Its not percentage based . More people living in the south west is a fact . More people are coming across the border to live in the south west is a fact . More building permits being issued every day is a fact . These are all controllable things , making it snow is not . Maybe we should stay in our wheel house as humans .
I basically agree with you, but until new entitlements are adjudicated it's meaningless.
80% of the rivers water is used for agriculture, improved irrigation techniques have helped, but much more needs to be done.

Last edited:

98special

Reaction score
The climate has been changing since the beginning of time. I wonder if this will be mention, or the news
telling us 40+ years ago that the next ice age was coming.
Read the articles documented on the website "Real Climate Science". Many long term droughts DOCUMENTED!
Over population and long term drought has us all wondering if we can sustain this.
We can't predict the weather 30 day's in advance. Just sayin.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Will Kamaltoe make a special appearance?

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 8.37.40 AM.png

boatdoc55

Reaction score

I used to look forward to watching it back in the mid-70's and then BLUE took over!!!!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Immigrants aren’t using up our water in Az. Farmland uses up our water. There’s no limit on what can be pumped out of the ground in Az. Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have huge hay farms out here in the desert. They grow hay and ship home to feed their cows. Along with all the hay to feeds cows in the states.

Look it up. Educate yourselves. Like everything else on the planet, follow the money.

AA5AC0BE-EEEC-46CF-90E5-EA0B83C7698D.png

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I’m not much of a conspiracy theorist so here’s my 2 cents. First I will say there is some bizarre unexplained stuff going on such as there is no explanation as to why the releases at Blue Mesa and Flaming gorge didn’t raise Powell at least a little? The water level still dropped. But again I don’t know what those releases mean compared to a strong snow melt runoff.

The conspiracy theory doesn't hold much water (pun intended) with me because in order to have a conspiracy a controlled group (relatively small) would have to be in on it. There are too many people working the flows between Powell and Yuma for someone not to speak up and say “wtf is going on upstream, them boys are dumpin water”! Also, there is snowpack historical data that somewhat aligns with Powell’s annual water rise. Does that mean the folks that measure and record snow pack are in on the conspiracy also? See where I’m going with this?

Is there at least one conspiracy theory for draining Mead and Powell? I don’t recall anyone saying what conspiracy might exist? Maybe I missed it? Let’s debate the theories to make this more fun?

At least with the JFK assasination there were several conspiracy theories - Castro, CIA, Johnson?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I’m not much of a conspiracy theorist so here’s my 2 cents. First I will say there is some bizarre unexplained stuff going on such as there is no explanation as to why the releases at Blue Mesa and Flaming gorge didn’t raise Powell at least a little? The water level still dropped. But again I don’t know what those releases mean compared to a strong snow melt runoff.

The conspiracy theory doesn't hold much water (pun intended) with me because in order to have a conspiracy a controlled group (relatively small) would have to be in on it. There are too many people working the flows between Powell and Yuma for someone not to speak up and say “wtf is going on upstream, them boys are dumpin water”! Also, there is snowpack historical data that somewhat aligns with Powell’s annual water rise. Does that mean the folks that measure and record snow pack are in on the conspiracy also? See where I’m going with this?

Is there at least one conspiracy theory for draining Mead and Powell? I don’t recall anyone saying what conspiracy might exist? Maybe I missed it? Let’s debate the theories to make this more fun?

At least with the JFK assasination there were several conspiracy theories - Castro, CIA, Johnson?

Also there is no explanation as to where all these trillions of gallons of water magically disappeared to. If you go to the delta in San Felipe it sure as fuck aint running out to the ocean, that place is bone dry the majority of the time, and even when they have done the occasional replenishment releases ever 10 years or so it isn't very much water that ends up making it to the sea of cortez.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Also there is no explanation as to where all these trillions of gallons of water magically disappeared to. If you go to the delta in San Felipe it sure as fuck aint running out to the ocean, that place is bone dry the majority of the time, and even when they have done the occasional replenishment releases ever 10 years or so it isn't very much water that ends up making it to the sea of cortez.
Haven't the outflows remained somewhat constant over the years? I know Colorado takes more than they used to, and the rain and snowpack have been hit and miss for the last 20 years, and other than evaporation, do you think there's more to it than this?

jet496

Reaction score
I basically agree with you, but until new entitlements are adjudicated it's meaningless.
80% of the rivers water is used for agriculture, improved irrigation techniques have helped, but much more needs to be done.
Agreed. The problem is not the general population using water, especially with all the water saving faucets, toilets & the fact that most people in general are conservative with water. The majority of water is used for agriculture so I don't know what the solution is. Maybe don't have farms in a desert. Maybe we have to have these desert farms for winter agriculture products since other states are too cold. I don't know enough about those economics but that is the main problem, not household usage.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I did learn One Thing, while waiting for the Article. There was the Ad for CBS Morning show, featuring BUTT BUDDIES "Oblamer"and "Springsteen" One was "Born

in the USA"

The Other, WELL!! We are Not sure?:(

jet496

Reaction score
Actually seemed pretty factual & talking about Utah & Indian tribes wanting their rightful share. Man, we are all screwed here in the SW if anything happens to the Colorado river.

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
I don’t know all the reasons, but last winter at my beach in Willow Valley the water stayed high as if it were in the summer. Winters in the past the water was so low you thought you could walk to the other side…

I am not 100% on board that all of a sudden lake Powell was poof empty.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If there is a water shortage here in California, why are they allowing all these illegals from across the border and Afghanistan here? It is a conspiracy and the democraps have become so corrupt for so long they've become so cocky that they are now visibly complicit and nothing happens to them. I really hope in the next elections both houses turn red and they start calling out and prosecuting these corrupt politicians.

Last edited:

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
They failed to mention that the water Washington County wants via the pipeline is water that Utah already "owns". They have the water in Flaming Gorge . It's "delivered" to Powell via the Green River. The proposed pipeline from Powell to Washington County would be a more cost efficient delivery method instead of building a pipeline from Flaming Gorge to southern Utah.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I to used to like watching 60min. Not anymore!!

From what I read in some of the posts. I thought the issue was there releasing more water then they need to. I have a place at the lower river and each summer for years there was always sandbar and sand for the kids. Last few years little to no sand bars anywhere. Water has been high!! I thought it odd and didn’t make sense after so many consistent summers.

If the fed runs the water storage and distribution I don’t put it past them to release and waste the water!

Colorado has some good snow packs recently someone posted.. I assume we’re all drawing water but why is the lower river so high last few years??
There's an agenda that says every the colorado river must reach the sea in Mexico, vital to ecologists. Every so often I think they bump it up so it happens.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I don’t know all the reasons, but last winter at my beach in Willow Valley the water stayed high as if it were in the summer. Winters in the past the water was so low you thought you could walk to the other side…

I am not 100% on board that all of a sudden lake Powell was poof empty.

It took about 20 years....

badluck

Reaction score
I can’t speak for lake mead but to say we have a water shortage in Ca is man made BS. Several lakes in Ca are empty and will remain empty for 10 yrs. For dam modifications. Seems to me that would be a high priority. Also we keep building new homes. We spent billions on a rail way to know where. We have this thing called big blue( the freaking ocean that’s allegedly rising). Maybe we could have spent the billions on desalination and start hacking away at the rising sea. Just my thoughts.