WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

63 stevens wood deck

brockkeenan

Reaction score
How much horsepower has been put to these boats through the years? Right now it has a mild 454 but would like to know how much these hulls can handle????

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
How is the boat setup? Most Stevens' that I've seen are family ski boats. Don't recall much if any used in drag or circle racing. I doubt that it can SAFELY handle much more than it has without strut relocation and changing of propshaft angle.

Post up some pix!

Hurricane68

Reaction score
The older boats where usually heavy lay ups for skiing as Cambell Carl states mild dependable always assures a safe and enjoyable boat Enjoy the ride. Wild Bill Sparks Nv.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Don't recall much if any used in drag or circle racing.
Post up some pix!

Damn Carl, you really are getting old. :p

foley_mortician.jpg

MOUZER

Reaction score
GEEEEEEZ OLD TIMER U SHOULD NO PLENTY OF STEVENS DRAGED AND CIRCLE RACED IN THE OLD DAYS..........:rolleyes

MOUZER

Reaction score
How much horsepower has been put to these boats through the years? Right now it has a mild 454 but would like to know how much these hulls can handle????

IS THIS THE "morning wood" 63 STEVENS WE PULLED THE 350 CHEVY OUT AND PUT THE 454 MILD BUT HEALTHY MOTOR IN THAT THING.....SHOULD BE A BLAST MOTOR WAS ALL FRESH

Twinpilot001

Reaction score
Having (still own) a 1968 Stevens Flatbottom. I know mine was built in 1968 as a offshore marathon boat!! Hull & basic entire boat is 1 & 1/8 " thick thruout!! This boat when i bought it had a 427 chev with Crower Imperial roller cam installed & 2 = 4 bbl holleys. Casale vdrive. ran back the over 108 mph on rivers clocked with radar then. These boats were solid built & i cant say i have ever seen one go bad / deconstruct!! This boat i have has 153 hand formed alunimum pieces in it -with stringer caps running the entire lenght. all motor mount plates & all other pieces were hand made & cut. I had most of these anodized when rebuilding the boat 35 years back. Ill be selling all this spring as im getting old & just cant use it now.:yikes