WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

66 Chevelle project

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
That's just so bad ass!
Around 1980 I picked up a 67SS that was a "in progress" state and never really got it to the level you took this one to. Congrats.

Thanks for that Dave. This project kinda got outta hand. I did absolutely everything I originally wanted. Its obviously hard to tell via photos but the paint job is off the rails.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Would love to see that thing in person one day. Let me know if/when you do any local car shows.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Is there any value in a 1965 chevelle ss don't jack about muscle cars but I do now where there is one

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Is there any value in a 1965 chevelle ss don't jack about muscle cars but I do now where there is one

Hell yes!! Donor cars are getting nearly impossible to find. Interested, send me what ya got please. The gene pool is dwindling.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Almost three years later....

View attachment 764047 View attachment 764048 View attachment 764049 View attachment 764050

As Hot Rod shops go, I took the "second" donor car to a shop. (doesn't matter) They took it pretty far and the progress stopped, I had to pull it and take it to yet a third shop. This dude is legit. NO ADVERTISING, NO WEBSITE, referrals only. Car is 100% percent complete, just waiting on the interior guy. Car has seats, is drive-able.

The car has 900 HP and 800 ft# torque and pulls so hard it is frightening. All the parts are designed around that power and should hold up...sorta. :D

Aeromotive fuel cell in trunk. Tank on left is inter-cooler storage tank (6.5 gallons)

Bucket list...another one down. :cool:

So much awesome. The car came out sick Steve [emoji106]

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Steve,
I envy the level of your sickness!!
I’ll be around after July.
I’ve seen the Vette, can’t wait to see this up close!!

That is like the epitome of Chevelles.
Unbelievable!

You told me what to expect, yet still I am blown away by the near finished product!!

Very Nice!!!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Hell yes!! Donor cars are getting nearly impossible to find. Interested, send me what ya got please. The gene pool is dwindling.
My neighbor has a 66SS convertable sitting in one of his garages, was building it for his wife and she decided she didn't want it. Not sure how long it has sat like that but he doesn't seem to be interested in selling it. says hes gonna finish it someday, Bla, Bla, Bla.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
So much awesome. The car came out sick Steve [emoji106]

Thanks Richard. I wish I could explain the level of acceleration. Think Bitz-N-Pieces on the road. These 325-45R-17, M&H Drag radials really hook. Third gear is fricking ungodly. It's an absolute BEAST.

Steve,
I envy the level of your sickness!!
I’ll be around after July.
I’ve seen the Vette, can’t wait to see this up close!!

That is like the epitome of Chevelles.
Unbelievable!

You told me what to expect, yet still I am blown away by the near finished product!!

Very Nice!!!

I'll have it at home by mid July. We'll go out and scare all the youngsters in their ricers. :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Thanks Richard. I wish I could explain the level of acceleration. Think Bitz-N-Pieces on the road. These 325-45R-17, M&H Drag radials really hook. Third gear is fricking ungodly. It's an absolute BEAST.

I'll have it at home by mid July. We'll go out and scare all the youngsters in their ricers. :D

Can’t wait!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Post some video!
I know it exists! :cool:

What a cool car.
What is the liquid in the cooler in the trunk?
Water? Antifreeeze?
Can you ice the tank for a lil extra pop?:cool:

I remember seeing pics of the paint, it looked killer.
The thing with pics is sometimes, they just can’t properly convey the amount of awesome present. ;)

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
What is a good price motor is on the side yard all original except for hood has a cut out he said hasn't touched it in 20 yrs

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Post some video!
I know it exists! :cool:

What a cool car.
What is the liquid in the cooler in the trunk?
Water? Antifreeeze?
Can you ice the tank for a lil extra pop?:cool:

I remember seeing pics of the paint, it looked killer.
The thing with pics is sometimes, they just can’t properly convey the amount of awesome present. ;)

In all honesty, I don't know how to do a video. But yea, they exist.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
What is a good price motor is on the side yard all original except for hood has a cut out he said hasn't touched it in 20 yrs

The body condition isn't all that important. Even a straight all metal car will need lots of work. As long as there isn't some big crashed panels. Its all about the trunk, floor and door thresholds. But a guess is 4500-5500? PM me some pictures if you can

milkmoney

Reaction score
Simply amazing. It makes me want to get off my ass and get my dream car ....[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Thought this was amazing. Even though this donor was mostly scrapped, this was the beginning of this project.
1st chevelle.JPG
chevelle whole.jpg

Dalton

Reaction score
Got over to the Hot Rod shop this morning. We reached an analysis that the damage done in boxing and narrowing the chassis on car 1, was too severe. We will abandon car 1 completely. All the suspension components, brakes, rear end will all be transferred to car 2. The boxing and narrowing on car 2 will commence next week.

View attachment 493457

View attachment 493458

View attachment 493459

View attachment 493460

rotors are on backwards in these pics.....glad the next shop caught that

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I think it needs to be hosted by YouTube, FB, Vimeo, etc.

Well I fixed any hope of a video happening today. I just got home from a little morning Catfishing trip on the Verde River. I had my phone in my pocket, in a dry bag. I trusted the dry bag, well its only dry on the outside now. Maybe my pictures and contacts will come back...maybe not. :cool:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Well I fixed any hope of a video happening today. I just got home from a little morning Catfishing trip on the Verde River. I had my phone in my pocket, in a dry bag. I trusted the dry bag, well its only dry on the outside now. Maybe my pictures and contacts will come back...maybe not. :cool:
Lol, oh crap.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
You sent me one. Want me to send it back?

Then you post it. :D

If you sent it to my phone, I wouldn't get it anyway. Its broke.

I really don't know how to upload a video to a hosting site. I can do pictures.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Floated the Verde river a few times, it's fantastic. Sorry about your phone.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Yea, Kinda nice not having a leash for a few days.

I saw an animal I've never seen before yesterday. Saw a River Otter. Had no clue they were on the Verde River chain and so low at that. I was below Bartlett dam. I looked it up when I got home. They were native but were displaced by early settlers. Re-introduced in the 80's here.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
On a side note, when I was drooling profusely looking at your latest product of deep rooted psychosis, AJ looked me in the eye and said:
“If you ride in this car with Steve, make SURE he has the wheel pointed straight before he punches it...I gave him a ride in it and I think he peed a little bit...”

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
On a side note, when I was drooling profusely looking at your latest product of deep rooted psychosis, AJ looked me in the eye and said:
“If you ride in this car with Steve, make SURE he has the wheel pointed straight before he punches it...I gave him a ride in it and I think he peed a little bit...”

"That wasn't pee" :D:D

The "hit" this car has isn't like anything I've ever experienced. AJ's description of Explosion is accurate.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Still, like I texted you, as good as this car shows in the pics, you still have to see it in person to truly grasp the level of detail put into this build.
The closer you look, the BETTER it gets.
The backlighting of components when the power is turned on is amazing.

The saying “where State of the art is run of the mill” truly applies to his shop, so when he turns out a piece like this that is even more far and above, it’s almost indescribable.

I like what Lori said at the house the other night.
“That’s just stooopid...”. Lol.

SR

Cajun Member
Reaction score
Congrats

Last edited:

82daytona

Reaction score
I always enjoy seeing your builds. Thanks for sharing another beautiful project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
where did you get the seats? I am looking for something for my 72 chevelle.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
where did you get the seats? I am looking for something for my 72 chevelle.

I honestly cannot remember. I'll find out though. They were aftermarket and not expensive at all. The interior shop took them apart and built up the bolsters as you see them.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Wow, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time....Very nice ride!

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Same...oh my. That is a rolling showcase of craftsmanship. :eek: