WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

7:30 A. M. And the channel is already packed.

Tank

Reaction score
your crazy.. my next big vee will definitely have Ac!! And a state room. Thinking of a 40SS formula or an intrepid..
LOL. AJ wanted to swap it for a new unit. I’m like, don’t waste your time. With the hatches open the airflow down there is pretty good. I’ve never thought to myself “I need an AC”
🤷🏻‍♂️

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I wonder how many fights there will be with people doing just that.
I can just see the angry pissed-off tattoo'd donkey rolling up and ready ruin someones weekend.
When my buddy was a park ranger at the state beach, his number one call (besides illegal alcohol on the beach) was 'Fire Ring Dispute'. People coming down early to snag a fire ring, leaving a few chairs, then going home.
If your not there. They your assed out. Chairs don't hold your place

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

707dog

Reaction score
Hows the crowds been on off holiday weekdays? Monday-friday?

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
People have been leaving their shit out overnight on Mohave for as long as I can remember. I have several stories about various run ins. Some fat lady on a sea doo tries to hog a 4 boat cove we wanted to share and she went absolutely ballistic on us as we all laughed at her. We just left and grabbed the next beach over as she continued to scream and curse at us. Then the funniest thing is she vacates the cove about 45 minutes later and we never saw her again. Wtf lady. We always find a beach we don’t mind running far down the lake for a spot it’s part of the adventure of boating. We sometimes pull into the bigger busier coves and it’s good for the kids to make friends. The biggest downside to that is some of the crap music you have to listen to.

PlanB

Reaction score
Hows the crowds been on off holiday weekdays? Monday-friday?

Actually Tuesday was busy for a Tuesday. We went out tonight at 7:00 and just got back and it was calm but some people are trickling into the marina for the weekend already. Weekdays are not back to where they were pre COVID yet.

707dog

Reaction score
Actually Tuesday was busy for a Tuesday. We went out tonight at 7:00 and just got back and it was calm but some people are trickling into the marina for the weekend already. Weekdays are not back to where they were pre COVID yet.
We are staying at the nautical hopefully it wont be to crazy.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I've never understood this shit for holding a spot. If you aren't ready with a boat to park then no spot for you. Someone that is ready for the spot with a boat, it's theirs. Worse is when the bat shit crazy women are given the tasked to defend a spot. Sometimes just looking over at them with no intention of being in the area has sent them in a rage and it's always the ones that are hard on the eyes.

"Karens" = supersoakers !

Mike K

Reaction score
No doubt this new business will be coming to the channel ... you go to Walmart and buy ten ... EZ-Ups for $40 each ... you set them up in the channel early in the AM ... you put a sign on it saying “ this spot for sale $200” ... you sell all ten spots within an hour ... first time out profit = $1600 a day ... after that $2000 a day ... and that’s with only a $400 investment ... now here’s where the real money comes in ... you “ reserve “ that spot online for $300. There would be so many peeps willing to pay that $300 to be able to cruise in leisurely ... say at 10am ... after a nice breakfast at Jucies ..... the City is gonna have to get a handle on who can legally park in the channel ... It all started with the powerless towed into its spot “party barges” ... we counted 74 EZ-Ups in the channel on Saturday . It’s gonna blow.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
No doubt this new business will be coming to the channel ... you go to Walmart and buy ten ... EZ-Ups for $40 each ... you set them up in the channel early in the AM ... you put a sign on it saying “ this spot for sale $200” ... you sell all ten spots within an hour ... first time out profit = $1600 a day ... after that $2000 a day ... and that’s with only a $400 investment ... now here’s where the real money comes in ... you “ reserve “ that spot online for $300. There would be so many peeps willing to pay that $300 to be able to cruise in leisurely ... say at 10am ... after a nice breakfast at Jucies ..... the City is gonna have to get a handle on who can legally park in the channel ... It all started with the powerless towed into its spot “party barges” ... we counted 74 EZ-Ups in the channel on Saturday . It’s gonna blow.

The number of ez-ups, and chairs with ropes strung between them was maddening. All unattended. City needs to send crews through with a dumpster.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
And...... after the city puts it in the dumpster, there can be a small booth labeled “ lost and found”. Simply go there give a description of the lost items....... and the nice officer will issue a littering citation For said “ lost” items. Lol. Hard to believe the city allows this mess Over night.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Less chance of Steroid Joe McBrodozer in his roll bar boat wanting to fight because you "moved" his spot saver. I'd rather just let the city deal with it...other areas do it...it was ridiculous this last weekend.

City won’t deal with a 5 day per season problem.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Just create a lost and found compound in the dark dirt across street from the dog park.😊

I can see the homeless & garage sale people perusing the stock picking up anything that will sell. Maybe your bike guy around the corner can join in on the action. He could get one of Dave’s trailers and bring down and the bikes he has for sale. Now we just need to get the food and alcohol vendors to just in the circus......

The rest of 2021 holidays are going to be awesome!!!! I am going to jump on a plane today so I can see it first hand.

:rocking:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
City won’t deal with a 5 day per season problem.

Wow, what a let down LOF. I figured you’d be all on board. I laI’d out the business plan and was one level away from your dream of rack storage. Now you pulled the plug and I see my idea going down the drain in a matter of two posts.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I can see the homeless & garage sale people perusing the stock picking up anything that will sell. Maybe your bike guy around the corner can join in on the action. He could get one of Dave’s trailers and bring down and the bikes he has for sale. Now we just need to get the food and alcohol vendors to just in the circus......

The rest of 2021 holidays are going to be awesome!!!! I am going to jump on a plane today so I can see it first hand.

:rocking:
Might be warmer in the plane than on it....just sayin'😄

sintax

Reaction score
What about just doing some Craigslist?? posts “free ez-up and chairs”

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

Not sure it would garner that much per spot. I routinely see people pull off the beach to avoid paying the daily $20 fee when the Rangers roll into Steamboat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Maybe the people who frequent 'The Channel' on holiday weekends are the same crowd who used to go to Lake Dolores . . . the water quality might be about the same, and brings back memories ! 🤣 🤣 :p:p

Your ad here

Reaction score
For all the people that say they would never venture into the channel, especially on a holiday weekend, there are sure a lot of people that care what happens in the channel on a holiday weekend.
Going through is entertaining. See some cool stuff and see some stuff that makes me happy I am me. My only turn off is when it's busy and the risk of people crashing into me.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
For all the people that say they would never venture into the channel, especially on a holiday weekend, there are sure a lot of people that care what happens in the channel on a holiday weekend.
. . . . if you see me in there between the 1st of May and the last day of October . . . please feel free to pluck me off w/ a high-power-round to my skull. 🤘

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'd love to cruise through but stupid has overrun the enjoyment.
Like avoiding the 91 at rush hour.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'd love to cruise through but stupid has overrun the enjoyment.
Like avoiding the 91 at rush hour.

Yep. The new “North” sandbar is starting to get some traction. I might start trying holidays there for the 4th and Labor Day.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Maybe the people who frequent 'The Channel' on holiday weekends are the same crowd who used to go to Lake Dolores . . . the water quality might be about the same, and brings back memories ! 🤣 🤣 :p:p
WOW- Talk about a flash-back!! went there as a teenager forgot how unsafe that place was, looking at the vid, its a wonder there wasn't an ambulance on standby, That place was awesome!! I think I went 3 times (road trip from San Gabriel Valley) we all had to pool our money for gas. I don't recall signing any waiver or liability release, matter of fact, I don't remember even paying to get in although I am sure I did. Isn't remnants still visible from the freeway or did the city finally clean it up?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

There is no place for logic and common sense on RPD. Could you Please take your posts like this elsewhere?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.