WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

70th Anniversary

Javajoe

Reaction score
Well, my parents just had there 70th. Dad is 97, moms 94. Still going strong. Traveling, road trips, 5k events. Great health. Never argue. 9 kids. Best parents ever
2BFDF663-28B3-4F21-B03C-07B5A7D161F9.png

boatpi

Reaction score
Wow!! That’s a Guinness book of records maybe

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's truly badass and amazing!
I'm knocking on 21, and can't figure out how my wife puts up with me!

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Congratulations to them . My parents hit the the 56 year mark last month

Javajoe

Reaction score
None of my brothers or sisters have heard them even argue. Even tempered. Pretty chill. First thing my dad always asks when I come over is “ Can I get you a beer?” Then we bullshit about his latest thing he is working on in the yard, or the stock market or current event. He’s a retired Mechanical Engineer, lots of patents, and still builds shit around the house and does the stock market in his office for a few hours everyday after he walks 3 miles and rides his stationary bike. Says nothing hurts when I ask him. Good Genes I guess. They travel all over doing 5k’s with my brother who does 1/2 marathons. Raised 5 Sons, 4 daughters, Corp of Engineers in WW2. Just great people. Mom was a nurse when they met then just raised kids her whole life and did Meals on Wheels since I was little and volunteered at the hospital and other places everyday. Still does to this day. She also goes to LA Fitness everyday and can beat all my sisters arm wrestling 😂. They both drive and are really sharp. They may out live me. I’m 54, I’m number 8, Oldest child is 69. No health issues in any of us. No history of cancer or anything. Pretty fortunate. It’s crazy knowing my parents only have a few years left but they lived it well. Really proud of them. Mom is number 11 of 13 children. She has 11 brothers. Irish Catholic. She’s 💯 Irish. St. Paddy’s day is always a big deal at the house. Thought I would just share some good news here with my fellow boaters 👍
8AF01EF7-F94D-492B-8A82-3F5042A9F862.png

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Awesome!!!! Must be something in the water at Dos Lagos.

Andy B.

Reaction score
None of my brothers or sisters have heard them even argue. Even tempered. Pretty chill. First thing my dad always asks when I come over is “ Can I get you a beer?” Then we bullshit about his latest thing he is working on in the yard, or the stock market or current event. He’s a retired Mechanical Engineer, lots of patents, and still builds shit around the house and does the stock market in his office for a few hours everyday after he walks 3 miles and rides his stationary bike. Says nothing hurts when I ask him. Good Genes I guess. They travel all over doing 5k’s with my brother who does 1/2 marathons. Raised 5 Sons, 4 daughters, Corp of Engineers in WW2. Just great people. Mom was a nurse when they met then just raised kids her whole life and did Meals on Wheels since I was little and volunteered at the hospital and other places everyday. Still does to this day. She also goes to LA Fitness everyday and can beat all my sisters arm wrestling 😂. They both drive and are really sharp. They may out live me. I’m 54, I’m number 8, Oldest child is 69. No health issues in any of us. No history of cancer or anything. Pretty fortunate. It’s crazy knowing my parents only have a few years left but they lived it well. Really proud of them. Mom is number 11 of 13 children. She has 11 brothers. Irish Catholic. She’s 💯 Irish. St. Paddy’s day is always a big deal at the house. Thought I would just share some good news here with my fellow boaters 👍 View attachment 992687
That's fucking awesome they look great!!

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
That is amazing, wishing them the best for continued happiness. 👍 :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Truly inspiring!
You're lucky to have those great genetics within you👍

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
What a great story! Good for them. My parents retired at 50 and I can't seem to get them to do much of anything. Traveling was the only thing they wanted to do but since Rona they haven't been anywhere.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Awesome post ~ congratulations to M & B. They truly are blessed. ✝️🙏✝️

Larry says get back to work or he’ll tell Tom you’re posting when you should be working. 😁

I say tell Kathleen & Erin I said hello 😉

“Lucky’s Wife”

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wow congrats to all of you and of course your mom and dad. A life worth living ;)

i am number 7 of 11 kids in my family. Yep, same mom and dad but both passed.

I am sure you have been asked: “Same mom and dad?” “Are you guys catholic?” “Are you guys mormons?” Lol

nowski

Reaction score
Congrats to the Cute Couple...

This gets my Vote for "Thread of the Year" !!!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is awesome! We will celebrate our 30th this year so by their comparison we're just getting started! 🤣

Happy Anniversary!!!

DanG

Reaction score
That's awesome. Such an inspiration. Congrats to them and your entire family.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Wow congrats to all of you and of course your mom and dad. A life worth living ;)

i am number 7 of 11 kids in my family. Yep, same mom and dad but both passed.

I am sure you have been asked: “Same mom and dad?” “Are you guys catholic?” “Are you guys mormons?” Lol
Same mom and Dad. Yep they are Catholic

Javajoe

Reaction score
Awesome post ~ congratulations to M & B. They truly are blessed. ✝🙏

Larry says get back to work or he’ll tell Tom you’re posting when you should be working. 😁

I say tell Kathleen & Erin I said hello 😉

“Lucky’s Wife”
Lol Too Funny
I left and have been with Tilden-Coil for 3 years
Hope all is well

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
OMG Joe ~ what I remember of you as a little kid ~ you looked a lot like your dad’s wedding pic.

Funny when I told Larry that I knew you from
St. Catherine’s and then he said that you two used to work together. Small world.

Your family is truly blessed and your parents a perfect example of what life should be. 🙏☺️

“Mrs.”

Javajoe

Reaction score
OMG Joe ~ what I remember of you as a little kid ~ you looked a lot like your dad’s wedding pic.

Funny when I told Larry that I knew you from
St. Catherine’s and then he said that you two used to work together. Small world.

Your family is truly blessed and your parents a perfect example of what life should be. 🙏☺️

“Mrs.”
Thanks. He had to go down to the DMV last year and renew his license. So of course he studied the book lol but they only wanted him to take the eye test. He walked out with a 5 year extension until he is 104. Crazy shit. They still drive all over and sometimes up north or Sedona. Best parents ever. Never even heard them argue. Best of friends etc.
Thanks for the kind words. We will have to get together one of these days

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Might I add if it hasn’t been said, although cheers to them, you are very lucky to still have them around. I lost my mom when I was 7, and dad when I was 24. That being said I’m super happy for their awesome life and you being able to enjoy them also. That’s freaking awesome. I only wish I can live long, not only for my wife, but for my son. I’m 40 now so hopefully I see 97 at least. Lol.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Might I add if it hasn’t been said, although cheers to them, you are very lucky to still have them around. I lost my mom when I was 7, and dad when I was 24. That being said I’m super happy for their awesome life and you being able to enjoy them also. That’s freaking awesome. I only wish I can live long, not only for my wife, but for my son. I’m 40 now so hopefully I see 97 at least. Lol.
Yes I’m 57 and know I am very lucky especially with both of them in perfect health. Hopefully I have the good Genes. Sorry to hear your story. Must be tough losing parents early in life especially at such a young age. I can’t imagine it. I asked my middle brother who is 66 if he retires what he plans on doing the next 34 years. He said it’s real unfortunate we are going to live so long. We both just laughed. It was at my dads 100th. My mom may out live everyone