WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

76 Schiada 22 ft Project

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I have a 76 22 ft that I have owned for about 6-7 years now. I bought it with a 454/Turbo-400 trans. It has a C-500 Casale box with 18 % gears.

When I bought the boat the last owner decided he wanted to make the boat faster so he took the complete original interior out and tossed it in the trash. He put in a set of plastic race seats that you buy from Summit. He wanted the boat lighter.......It had a 600 cfm Holley on a 454.It also had a set of aluminum exhaust manifolds on it. The boat would run about 50 or maybe a little better. It was kinda LAME!!!!!

After I got it I added Stellings stainless steel water jacketed headers and a 800 Holley carb. I gained about a 1,500 rpm,s and about 10-12 M.P.H. So Im pretty pleased with performance.

So now comes the project part of my build. That is me trying to put an interior in this boat. I bought a nice used interior from a guy on Hot Boat a few years ago. I have the front seats,the rear seat and the rear deck lid.

What I need to make are the side panels,and figure what should be on the floor. I also need to find a set of fuel tanks. This has never had an adjustable plate on the back, it just has a 4 inch plate that sticks out beyond the bottom of the boat.

I saw in a picture on here that looks like a couple car hood hinges for the rear hatch. Will these work?

Do most Daycuisers run a electric adjustable trim plate?

The boat is white with yellow trim. The gel is in almost mint condition along with the Ellis trailer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the boat you can post? They would really make it a lot easier to see what you have, and what you want to accomplish. :)

As far as hinges.. How "custom" do you want to go? You can buy hatch hinges off the shelf? Or we have guys here that can machine you custom ones? Do you want them on the outside of the boat? Hidden on the inside?

RD

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures right now.That other Boat web site had all my pictures stored on it of the boat. I can't remember the name!!!!

I need to get this thing dug out of my barn and cleaned up. This Schiada page has given me some fuel to get my ASS in gear.....;)

Im pretty sure the engine hatch I have has some old holes in from where the hinges were bolted on the inside.

Last edited:

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
Its kinda funny but up here in New York state you never ever see a V-Drive. They are just rare. When I take my Nordic to the Lake I have people taking pictures on the highway. If I stop for gas I come out to find a few people looking at it like what the hell is that THING????

I like to say I just picked it up at a garage sale and Im going to the lake for the first time!!!!!:D You get some funny looks.

I took my Schiada up to the St Lawrence river one time. Most people don't have a clue what a Schiada is or Daycruiser or anything else around here for that matter. I pulled up at the gas dock and this Old Timer who owned the place. He was about 50....;) He said Holy Shit a Shiada.:bowdown: He said that back in the early 80s a bunch of guys were running Schiadas around the St. Lawrence River. I have been going to the river since 1971 and I can't ever remember seeing one,but I probably never paid attention...I thought it was kinda interesting. I kinda wonder where they are NOW????

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I guess I put this in the wrong section. Dave can you move it for me. Thanks

Schi-502

Reaction score
They are truck hood hinges.

Attachments

• '08 boat pictures 017.jpg
    '08 boat pictures 017.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 437
  • '08 boat pictures 073.jpg
    '08 boat pictures 073.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 437
  • '08 boat pictures 074.jpg
    '08 boat pictures 074.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 440
  • '08 boat pictures 008.jpg
    '08 boat pictures 008.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 424
  • Boat for sale 003.jpg
    Boat for sale 003.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 417
  • Boat for sale 020.jpg
    Boat for sale 020.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Boat for sale 032.jpg
    Boat for sale 032.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I guess I put this in the wrong section. Dave can you move it for me. Thanks

Why do you say that? It can go either in here, or in the v-drive section.. Up to you.

That looks exactly how mine was set-up.

You had truck hood hinges on your engine hatch?

What is your end goal with the boat? Do you want a show stopper? Or do you just want to get it back out on the water cost effectively?

RD

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I realized I should have put it in the Schiada Project section. I didn't notice it till it was to late.

As far as the boat. I would like to get it back in one piece and looking like it did when it was new. another words STOCK.....Not a "Gold Fish Bowl" with a couple seats bolted in it. Im kinda giving Schiadas a bad name. lol. Im looking to make the boat functional. (sp)

The hatch that came with my seats and stuff has some marks that look like a set of hood hinges were bolted to them at one time. I could see buying a set of chrome ones to dress it up a little.

Dave you may remember the story about this boat. Im the guy that bought the 22 Schiada for $2250 with a Brand New 454 in it. I spoke with you on the phone once a long time ago. Dan

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I realized I should have put it in the Schiada Project section. I didn't notice it till it was to late.

As far as the boat. I would like to get it back in one piece and looking like it did when it was new. another words STOCK.....Not a "Gold Fish Bowl" with a couple seats bolted in it. Im kinda giving Schiadas a bad name. lol. Im looking to make the boat functional. (sp)

The hatch that came with my seats and stuff has some marks that look like a set of hood hinges were bolted to them at one time. I could see buying a set of chrome ones to dress it up a little.

Dave you may remember the story about this boat. Im the guy that bought the 22 Schiada for $2250 with a Brand New 454 in it. I spoke with you on the phone once a long time ago. Dan

I remember that now.. Pissed me off because I can never find a freakin deal like that. LOL Sell the boat to me for 2250, and I'll save you the aggrevation of putting it back together. ;)

RD

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I have searched all over this house for some pictures of the boat, of course I can't find one. I will have to go take some pictures of it with all the dust on it...

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
Here are a couple very poor pictures I found.The third picture is of my 73 Nordic that was in Hot Boat a couple years ago.

Attachments

• 76 Schiada.jpg
    76 Schiada.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 76 Schiada 1.jpg
    76 Schiada 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Nordic 2.jpg
    Nordic 2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 239

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
What do you call the wood grain stuff? Packula? Something like that? It still has it on the transom also.

The motor is a 454 .030 with sqaure port heads that are ported. Compression is about 10.5/1 Trans is a Art/Car Turbo-400 but for some strange reason it has a torque converter in it.

With the Stellings headers Im not sure if the engine hatch will fit because the headers stick up kinda Hi.

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
A better picture of my Nordic. I bought this boat in boxes for $500. It was a total MESS!!!!!

Attachments

• 746iMG_0727.jpg
    746iMG_0727.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 242

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What do you call the wood grain stuff? Packula? Something like that? It still has it on the transom also.

i can't remember what you call that stuff now.. Everytime I try to think of it, it comes out percodin or some other pharmaceutical sounding name.. LOL

RD

SPECTRABRENT

Reaction score
i can't remember what you call that stuff now.. Everytime I try to think of it, it comes out percodin or some other pharmaceutical sounding name.. LOL

RD

Its called PACALON (SORRY CANT SPELL).

Its a wood grain cloth.

Brent

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think you should turn it into a gold fishbowl with bucket seats as you called it. :D

or sell it to me so I can. :D

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
being pretty pushy there dave :p ;)

The boat is all the way out in NY.. I'm just jokin with the guy. ;) It'd cost me more to get it back to this side of the country then what he paid for it!

RD

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score
The boat is all the way out in NY.. I'm just jokin with the guy. ;) It'd cost me more to get it back to this side of the country then what he paid for it!

RD

come on i know youd love to take the navi on a cross country trip :skull itd be reallll cheap on gas

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
Its funny but in a Top Secret location in NY I know of another 22 that is exactly like mine. It sits in the weeds. The guy wanted to sell it for the last five years but has never come up with a price....:skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If it's been sitting outside in the weeds that long it's probably more work to restore it then it's worth at this point.. :(

Show us some pics. :D

RD

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures. A very good friend called the guy weekly for 3-4 years asking HOW MUCH $$$$$$ ?????? When I looked at it a years ago it was pretty decent. It had a Tourque Flite tranny in it with a Blower Boost gauge on the dash. The story went that it had a blown Hemi in it at one time. Im not sure if thats true or not. :cool: Sounds impressive anyway.;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Go take some pictures and ask the guy "HOW MUCH!" :D

RD

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
Its about three hours away and I don't have the phone number any more. I should take a ride some weekend and see if it still sits in the weeds. I could go in the middle of the night and I don't think anybody would ever even miss it to be honest. ;)

Whats that called "MIDNIGHT BOAT SALES"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Its about three hours away and I don't have the phone number any more. I should take a ride some weekend and see if it still sits in the weeds. I could go in the middle of the night and I don't think anybody would ever even miss it to be honest. ;)

Whats that called "MIDNIGHT BOAT SALES"

LOL...

RD

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
Lets get back to my little project. Does anybody have a nice used swim deck they would be will to part with? I have all the brackets.

How about a set of fuel tanks?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lets get back to my little project. Does anybody have a nice used swim deck they would be will to part with? I have all the brackets.

How about a set of fuel tanks?

Swim deck? Like a swim step? Are you looking for a wood one? Billet?

Set of fuel tanks I'd call Imco for..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
BTW, I'm going to move this thread to the "project section" tonight / tomorrow. :)

RD