WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

79' Cole TR II

brgrcru

Reaction score
Pictures of our build from 1/31/13 to July 14 2014. son and I bought the the boat from Wes (froggy). I had a few say, I should put it up over here. have it up on PB. this is our third flatbottom. and for now our last. the old lemon twist BAF. 1979 Cole tr 2 we went a complete different direction. boat was a total mess. Enjoy.
Bob

Attachments

brgrcru

Reaction score
Irvine lake on Wednesday 7/16/14. have a few little things to work out. all in all it was great few hours with a bunch of great people, had a great time, boat ran ok, but missed a little above 4000 rpm and a few other little issues.

Attachments

brgrcru

Reaction score
468 9.5.1 pump gas, broadix alum oval ports, hyd roller cam, edelbrock air gap, 850 holley, with a 2" spacer, Dooley pan, dampener mount alt., edelbrock manual fuel pump, magna flow water pump. And a few other goodies. Just wanted a nice depenable river boat.

dekman

Dekman
Reaction score
Beautiful boat ! Love the all black motor. Will be doing the same soon.......

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Boat looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing your pics

westair

Reaction score
Pretty amazing, especially from what you started with! ...thanks for posting

bajagrom

Reaction score
468 9.5.1 pump gas, broadix alum oval ports, hyd roller cam, edelbrock air gap, 850 holley, with a 2" spacer, Dooley pan, dampener mount alt., edelbrock manual fuel pump, magna flow water pump. And a few other goodies. Just wanted a nice depenable river boat.
What kind of crank and pistons are you using? What kind of rpm?

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Incredible! Great work. Must have been some great father son time.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I do have to give credit. To stu at tracer marine Norco, and Tom stolarz from wpm Corona, make our cole become a reality. It was in horrible condition with all wood being replaced. My sons idea to go with the balsa floor and black out on the motor. Will be at Parker from Sunday until Thursday 8-17 -- 21 playing with the flat.

brgrcru

Reaction score
What kind of crank and pistons are you using? What kind of rpm?
Scat crank and h beam rods, Ross pistons, have not taken it to top end yet, but have ran it up to 5800. Should run up to 6500. It's got 22's in the box. We buit it for just a nice river runner. Not worried about winning to many races with it. We have a cp for that.

Hammer

Reaction score
I do have to give credit. To stu at tracer marine Norco, and Tom stolarz from wpm Corona, make our cole become a reality. It was in horrible condition with all wood being replaced. My sons idea to go with the balsa floor and black out on the motor. Will be at Parker from Sunday until Thursday 8-17 -- 21 playing with the flat.
Hopefully Pink Taco can snap some nice pics of it, maybe even do a write up for the newsletter . :thumbup:

smallblocksperry

Reaction score
Scat crank and h beam rods, Ross pistons, have not taken it to top end yet, but have ran it up to 5800. Should run up to 6500. It's got 22's in the box. We buit it for just a nice river runner. Not worried about winning to many races with it. We have a cp for that.

you have a badass cole TR2 runner bottom thats the cruiser and a CP jetboat that is the "race boat"

i guess thats the equivalent of putting a blown alcohol motor in your uncle Ricks IROC camaro with factory suspension and whitewall radials

then putting a crate 350 in the pro street backhalved chevelle.

just messin with you man, thats a sweet little flatty. Great Job!

brgrcru

Reaction score
yes we are going to try and make it to Pirates Cove.

brgrcru

Reaction score
you have a badass cole TR2 runner bottom thats the cruiser and a CP jetboat that is the "race boat"

i guess thats the equivalent of putting a blown alcohol motor in your uncle Ricks IROC camaro with factory suspension and whitewall radials

then putting a crate 350 in the pro street backhalved chevelle.

just messin with you man, thats a sweet little flatty. Great Job!
I know back ass, backward kind of thinking. Huh ! I couldn't handle the flatty with the CP motor. would make it a lot faster then I want to go. I'm getting older and a 100 is about all I want to do now.

ceejay

Reaction score
I know back ass, backward kind of thinking. Huh ! I couldn't handle the flatty with the CP motor. would make it a lot faster then I want to go. I'm getting older and a 100 is about all I want to do now.
What does a basket case like that run these days? Been looking for a project and love this boat, looks like a ton of work went into it. How much did it set you back when you picked it up?
Thanks,
Ceej

sirbob

Reaction score
Love all the black hardware - and taking it all the way through the motor and exhaust.

Really came out nice!

brgrcru

Reaction score
for sale bump. don't know how to transfer to boats for sale forum?

warpt71

punk ass kid
Reaction score
off topic question, what size wheels and did you polish or chrome them? My newest project has 13" Westerns that I am torn to keep or not.

Good luck with the sale

brgrcru

Reaction score
off topic question, what size wheels and did you polish or chrome them? My newest project has 13" Westerns that I am torn to keep or not.

Good luck with the sale
thanks
I had them chromed.
hard to find tires that size.