WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

79 schiada....new motor

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
OK all Dana boats....is doing the motor swap and drive change out...
So you all know that one of our own has purchased my lil Blown small blk from my personal boat.. so as we/i do the necessary items to upgrade mr Wayne's 79 schiada.. to accept my lil motor.. witch we are also upgrading the drive from and alpha to a bravo with an HD gimbal.. we are also installing a complete new full hyd steering system with dual rams...

as this all unfolds I will be taking some pics not only for you but for mr Wayne to follow along as we progress in this project..

we are doing the drive upgrade and hyd steering and installing a new set of swim steps.. from Dana products as well for his wife...
in the first steps... so that Wayne can use his boat for the first time in several months /yrs for a family vacation...

yeah I know its a lot of work to pull the stock motor then reinstall it only to pull it again.. shortly after he returns home from his family vacation...

Im doing this because I as a manufacture and dedicated friend.. that most of you all know me by now.... I do not want wayne to suffer any loss of time while out with his family due to something missed or forgotten along the way trying to rush this project... that would really suck and make me feel soo very bad... when wayne and his family are done with their vacation and all is flawless we will finish the motor swap from my boat to his... just so you all know ... there will be lots of details that will be needing to be made.. so as the first installment of pics here is what we have...

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
we have removed the motor and installed the new HD gimbal and bravo drive so that we can set the hyd steering system with out interferance... we also installed the new stainless tilt helm... and getting the boat ready for the remainder of the hyd system to be completed.. stay tuned for more..

Attachments

• dana boats 028.jpg
    dana boats 028.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 929
  • dana boats 030.jpg
    dana boats 030.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 927
  • dana boats 031.jpg
    dana boats 031.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 918
  • dana boats 032.jpg
    dana boats 032.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 908

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
I had to make a temp shift bracket to mount the shifter ...witch is the same location as on my motor..

Attachments

• dana boats 034.jpg
    dana boats 034.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 898
  • dana boats 035.jpg
    dana boats 035.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 877

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Its cool to see Manufacturers taking on projects like this during the slower times. And shows which companies will be around for the long haul :thumbsup

Keep the pics coming!
________
FETISH MEDICAL

Last edited:

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
thanks bill .. I really want this to go well for him.. since he is a member here and I would not want my somewhat good name tarnished.... I just want to see him 100% happy with his choice that he made.. soo its a win win situation... for all.. I wish I was going to see you guys this weekend.. but i will be down the following weekend.. for sure.. be safe ..

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
thanks bill .. I really want this to go well for him.. since he is a member here and I would not want my somewhat good name tarnished.... I just want to see him 100% happy with his choice that he made.. soo its a win win situation... for all.. I wish I was going to see you guys this weekend.. but i will be down the following weekend.. for sure.. be safe ..

Im pretty sure he will be stoked.

Im not going to be able to make it the following weekend. just too damn busy at work :(
________
Cn250

Last edited:

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he will be stoked.

Im not going to be able to make it the following weekend. just too damn busy at work :(

Oh I thought you were bringing your kids out that weekend... I think the pixis and bill/shelli was saying.. humm well ok .. seee you soon..

D

Deleted Account

Wayne's good people. Glad this is working out so well! :thumbsup:D

79schiada

Reaction score
Bobby, I don't know how you get to it, photos and all:thumbsup I knew you got the helm set, but the rams too? That's awesome. I thought you were getting out this weekend, but it sounds like plans have changed. That sucks. I was hoping to call you while you were on your boat so I could hear the little motor purr:D Have fun on the holiday anyways and call if you need me to get anything else together. Thanks!

Riverkid,
Thanks, BT, appreciate all the years of friendship, many to go!

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
Bobby, I don't know how you get to it, photos and all:thumbsup I knew you got the helm set, but the rams too? That's awesome. I thought you were getting out this weekend, but it sounds like plans have changed. That sucks. I was hoping to call you while you were on your boat so I could hear the little motor purr:D Have fun on the holiday anyways and call if you need me to get anything else together. Thanks!

Riverkid,
Thanks, BT, appreciate all the years of friendship, many to go!

I just got home from the river... I did not know you were going to be there or I would have had you hang out with us... dammm..

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
here is what we have done up to date... as promised for waynes wife... new swim steps..

Attachments

• 79 schiada.jpg
    79 schiada.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 506
  • 79 schiada 001.jpg
    79 schiada 001.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 490
  • 79 schiada 002.jpg
    79 schiada 002.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 488

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
new rear air vent ...

Attachments

• 79 schiada 003.jpg
    79 schiada 003.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 472

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
we also glassed in some extra added support for the rear transom upper area... since they had cut out soo much to get to stock exhaust to fit with the Y pipe..

Attachments

• 79 schiada 004.jpg
    79 schiada 004.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 477

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is the boat still going to run the stock Y pipe with the new motor?

RD

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
Is the boat still going to run the stock Y pipe with the new motor?

RD

no ...this is only for the stock motor... when we actualy install my motor we will then cut the new exhaust holes in the trans.... if you notice I had to make enough room between the sterring rams and the swim step for the new holes....

I am doing all the prep work prior to the new motor install so that he can take it out on his family vacation... then we install my motor ...

79schiada

Reaction score
Hey Bobby...looking good...can't wait to get out there and see it:D Let me know when you're going to be there and I'll try to make it by with the new blue tops. I'll also settle up with you if you've spent more $$ on some other parts. Even with the stock engine for this trip, it'll be way better than before! thanks

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
OK an up date on what has been done on our lil project... we cleaned up all the wiring .. and installed new battery box's.. along with new optima... and installed a new transom light.. ok no big deal rite.. well we also cleaned up all the wiring under the dash and got all his exiting gauge lites working. and since he has had the boat the tach had never worked.. so we fixed that too.. and of course we reinstalled the stock motor and we are getting the hyd steering finished up and ready for his family trip in two weeks.. pics to follow....

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
:Doh one more thing we had to install a new trim pump to get the new bravo drive up and down..

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 319
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 317
  • GetAttachment3.jpg
    GetAttachment3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 318
  • GetAttachment4.jpg
    GetAttachment4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 304

79schiada

Reaction score
but with all that cool stuff going in, it sure does make my carpet look even shittier! Thanks for keeping me in the loop with all the awesome photos, Bobby! Man those battery boxes are a HUGE improvement. I'm looking forward to getting it out to Elsinore for a test soon:D I gotta say, when you give your word, you keep it! Thanks again.

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
updates...

the current stock motor is now installed back into the boat... upon working out all the air and bleeding the steering system we encountered an problem with the current carb.. the needles were stuck and allowing fuel to overflow into the venturies.. making it so the motor will not idle... I have taken the carb apart and now searching for the correct needle and seat for this particular carb...

I am currently waiting for a rebuild kit so that once the motor will idle we can get back to setting the steering system then off to the lake .. for this boat has not seen water in a few years.. Wayne is very excited to finally get to use his boat once again... then as soon as he returns from vacation we will be removing the stock motor and replacing it with its new power plant... from my boat.. and then we will be posting lots of pics of the new trans plant.. soo stay tuned..

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
ok finished up bleading the hyd stering system and making sure the drive turns the correct way ... and now we just have to clean every thing and reinstall the interior.... oh ther is a slight shift adjustment we need to make... and all is good... I know wayne is excited to finally get to use his boat for the first time in a long while...

Attachments

• schiada transom.jpg
    schiada transom.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 328
  • schiada transom2.jpg
    schiada transom2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 329

Halvecto

Reaction score
ok finished up bleading the hyd stering system and making sure the drive turns the correct way ... and now we just have to clean every thing and reinstall the interior.... oh ther is a slight shift adjustment we need to make... and all is good... I know wayne is excited to finally get to use his boat for the first time in a long while...

Gotta go with braided lines. After all that work, finish strong!

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
I would love to but it is not up to me.. my customer has budget .. and still has to finish this deal.... my motor is still to come.. and that was just about it... and he still has to do some interior mods when the other motor is ready for install.... I think the braided lines are the least of his worries... but I do think they will come down the road... thanks for taking a peek of this project..

Halvecto

Reaction score
I would love to but it is not up to me.. my customer has budget .. and still has to finish this deal.... my motor is still to come.. and that was just about it... and he still has to do some interior mods when the other motor is ready for install.... I think the braided lines are the least of his worries... but I do think they will come down the road... thanks for taking a peek of this project..

boat + budget = oxymoron :p

I understand, actually it is nice to hear someone actually respect the customers concern for cost (these are tough times). Shoot, he has a Schiada. He can plan on many, many years of fun and upgrades and probably still get his money out of it....I went with a single ram tie in system and I am very pleased with the sense of safety I feel, even though the steering is not much different.

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
I would always want to do more ..but I also want wayne to get the most for his dollar.... and being he is doing this on a budget it only makes sense to spend wisely.... when the new motor get installed there will be a few more thing needed .. for a complete turn key project... I'm talking about small misc items like fuel pump.. oil cooler.. lil stuff and some misc hose and fittings... exhaust tips ... so we still have a long haul.. but it is getting shorter..

79schiada

Reaction score
This boat has so much detail to go, but as Bobby said, I wanna use it while the season is still upon us!:D For everyone who doesn't have the history, the boat was sitting for 4 years prior to me making the deal to buy Bobby's engine. At that point, the boat sitting to boat in way-more-than-usable state went from 0 - 100 MPH in only 2 months. I do have some budget constraints, mostly because I don't want to live on Mac&Cheese, but this isn't the last you'll see of this project! By the way, Bobby kicks some major ass on getting things done, and definitely is a man of his word. Thanks, Bobby!:beer

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
woooo...just finished the boat for now.... all the details are adjusted.. and the interior is in.. and clean interior... I will post some pics in the morning.. :D

79schiada

Reaction score
This past Saturday, a buddy of mine and I got out to Elsinore to test the new goodies on the old Schiada. Bobby couldn't be there, but that's because he had plans already written in stone, and also figured we'd be testing it the weekend prior. However, my boat hadn't been run in so long, the carb made that plan go to hell in a hand basket. Anyways, the test went well. I get to use my boat on a long awaited and highly needed family vacation. Thanks again, Bobby for giving the extra effort to make it happen in time. This will sound kinda crazy, but I almost can't wait to get back from vacation to get the boat ready for the new engine:D

D

Deleted Account

This past Saturday, a buddy of mine and I got out to Elsinore to test the new goodies on the old Schiada. Bobby couldn't be there, but that's because he had plans already written in stone, and also figured we'd be testing it the weekend prior. However, my boat hadn't been run in so long, the carb made that plan go to hell in a hand basket. Anyways, the test went well. I get to use my boat on a long awaited and highly needed family vacation. Thanks again, Bobby for giving the extra effort to make it happen in time. This will sound kinda crazy, but I almost can't wait to get back from vacation to get the boat ready for the new engine:D

Nice work Wayne-o...:thumbsup:)

79schiada

Reaction score
Nice work Wayne-o...:thumbsup:)

I tell ya, that hydraulic steering is a trip. Cool, but very different from what I'm used to. Well, we'll be hitting the road in about 7 hours, guess I better start packing. Oh, the schedule of a telecom contractor.....:smackhead

D

Deleted Account

I tell ya, that hydraulic steering is a trip. Cool, but very different from what I'm used to. Well, we'll be hitting the road in about 7 hours, guess I better start packing. Oh, the schedule of a telecom contractor.....:smackhead

Just bite me! Lol. Have a great trip! :thumbsup

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
its a lil time consuming.... but a nice add...

Hope all is going well kevin..:D

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
A lil update on the 79 schiada.... this sat I will be removing my motor from my boat.... and getting it ready for its new home... I will be updating this thread as well asap... thanks for playing along..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A lil update on the 79 schiada.... this sat I will be removing my motor from my boat.... and getting it ready for its new home... I will be updating this thread as well asap... thanks for playing along..

Thank you for being my friend Bobby.> :D I'm wasted. and I still love yer ass.

RD

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
Thank you for being my friend Bobby.> :D I'm wasted. and I still love yer ass.

RD

WOW ! Dave .... this sounds like a proposal ..lol.. that's good to know I think I will still love...... wait.... my ass ? :D hummm well OK! thank you...same to you:beer

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
LOL! IF I knew how to make a sig line... that would be it!! :D

D

Deleted Account

I'm bummed to not have time to hear that motor run in Bobby's boat before it comes out and goes into Waynes...

Git 'er Done!:thumbsup

I am so down for Elsinore when the new deal is ready to run!

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
ok soo we got the motor out of my boat today... soo here is what it looks like out of the boat..... thanks to woody56 for all his help today.. like I said this is a turn key package deal...

Attachments

• 79 schiada 005.jpg
    79 schiada 005.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 79 schiada 006.jpg
    79 schiada 006.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 79 schiada 007.jpg
    79 schiada 007.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 329

79schiada

Reaction score
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D x 10! I can't wait to hear it in my boat! See you soon, Bobby. THANKS!

woody56

Reaction score
Hey anytime!!!! Just cant wait to help put the new motor in!!! :D:D:D

79schiada

Reaction score
Forgot to mention in the last post, good to meet you! What will my little Schiada do with that extra power?:rolleyes:

79schiada

Reaction score
HAUL ASS... :D

The boat sure-aughta haul ass! Have a good upcoming weekend, Bobby. If I wasn't having to work on the new digs so much during the weekends, I wouldn't mind getting to wrench on the boat with you. Of course, the price of the motor would probably go up if that happened :D