WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Wow, never seen a bracket from inside the boat. Interesting.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
If it where me, I’d adios that bracket, install the aluminum knee braces inside the boat/transom, put a conventional Dana or whoever’s bracket on it with as much setback that is needed to clear your steering. I had like 10+” on my 21’, I would assume the 19’ doesn’t need much.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My .02......

Notching the center pod really won't do anything for the boat as these older Daytona's (I believe) all had the same same depth sponsons so you notch the center, the boat is then still riding on the outers at the same proximity to the engine.

I'd ditch the bracket as well. I know it's likely original to the boat, but based on it's design, it's not helping you much. The fact that it's on such a negative angle and so close to the hull shows they were trying to make-up for set-up issues by allowing the engine to tuck in further. However, it's so close, it doesn't look like a speedmaster style lower will ever be able to use that amount of tuck.

I'd ditch that plate, put in bracing inside to the stringers, and mount a standard 10" hydraulic backplate. Done.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I thought the same getting to know this hull - the centre pod and running surface is 1 inch lower than outer sponsons . I appreciate the quick reply and solid done comment . I believe a straight off the transom 10 inch bracket lift would not allow neutral . It would need similarangle bracket plus a lift - yet without restriction . [ QUOTE="Flying_Lavey, post: 3475229, member: 1238"]My .02......

Notching the center pod really won't do anything for the boat as these older Daytona's (I believe) all had the same same depth sponsons so you notch the center, the boat is then still riding on the outers at the same proximity to the engine.

I'd ditch the bracket as well. I know it's likely original to the boat, but based on it's design, it's not helping you much. The fact that it's on such a negative angle and so close to the hull shows they were trying to make-up for set-up issues by allowing the engine to tuck in further. However, it's so close, it doesn't look like a speedmaster style lower will ever be able to use that amount of tuck.

I'd ditch that plate, put in bracing inside to the stringers, and mount a standard 10" hydraulic backplate. Done.

[/QUOTE]Yes, the bracket would need some negative angle to it due to the 19 having a vertical transom. I do believe many of the set-back jack plates include certain amounts of negative angle or can be ordered with it. That is a hell of a lot of negative angle on that bracket there. I'd call one of the well known outboard shops and ask them what they suggest for the angle. A 19 Daytona shouldn't need much down trim.