WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

8yr old sons getting made fun of

Motor Boater

Reaction score
unfortunately this will type of thing will not help. It did 2 decades ago. Then they both get suspended which doesnt solve anything

Who cares? I tell my boys they deal with me not the school. If they are bullying someone and I find out they are in a ton of trouble. If someone is picking on them they need to stand up for themselves. If they get in trouble or get into a fight and get suspended, who cares. The principal is not in charge of my kids, I am. If a kid gets suspended it in no way affects them. If my kid gets suspended defending himself, I’ll take him to the lake for 2 days.

4Waters

Reaction score
Its actually kind of funny how many people end up being friends with their "bully" once they stand up for themselves..
My best friend (more like a brother) was my last bully (kinda) in 11th grade, he's not a bully type. He is 6'3" and at the time was 330 benched 425 squated 1100 starting varsity O-line and D-line since 9th grade , I was 5'8" 150, he thought I said something and cornered me about it, I just chuckled and walked away. He thought I was crazy because I showed no fear (I was shitting my pants) and we ended up becoming friends.

He was my best man on one of the happiest days of my life and I was his best man, I also stood by his side with my arm around him when his wife took her last breath.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Who cares? I tell my boys they deal with me not the school. If they are bullying someone and I find out they are in a ton of trouble. If someone is picking on them they need to stand up for themselves. If they get in trouble or get into a fight and get suspended, who cares. The principal is not in charge of my kids, I am. If a kid gets suspended it in no way affects them. If my kid gets suspended defending himself, I’ll take him to the lake for 2 days.
i tell the same to both my daughter and son....and i also tell them if they see someone getting bullied and dont stand up for the kid getting bullied i will be kicking their ass. Always stand up for yourself and always stand up for those who cant stand up for themselves!

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You forgot something important.

After he punches the kid in the face, pick him up from school and buy him an ice cream ;)

My thought is that it will make the boy feel better, which is what really matters. The rest is all bullshit.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I remember a few bullies, In 5th grade two ass clowns thought they ran the school. One day I was in line for the drinking fountain and one of them cut the line in front of me.

I turned him around by grabbing his shoulder and hit him with everything I had right on his nose. I don't remember getting suspended, I suppose I did. I do remember those two idiots steering a clear path away from me from that point forward. Respect, it's earned, not handed out in the principals office.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
All this bully talk got me thinking about this kid in my class in grade school. He was a fucking giant to us. I think he grew to full adult size when he was about 8 years old. I still remember his name: Bruce Arnold. He wasn't really a bully but let's just say he knew his size and took full advantage of it. We were all scared to death of him. He was like the Kaiser Soze of our school. I think even the teachers were scared of him.

Anyway, after 6th grade I went off to junior high school and he must of gone to some different school. I never saw him again. That is until I had graduated and was on my own. I was working our annual fire department fund raising carnival and running around busy taking care of various duties. As I was walking back into the station there was a guy leaning against the wall next to the door. Just a regular sized guy, actually a bit smaller than me. He calls out my name and asked how I'm doing. Says, "man, I haven't seen you in years". I'm racking my brain trying to place the guy when he says, "You don't recognize me do you?". I admitted I didn't and he says he's Bruce Arnold! I blurted out, "WTF, did you shrink?". He just laughed and said that he just grew at a young age and then stopped. We talked for a bit and I told him how scared we all were of him. He admitted to me that he didn't have a lot of friends because of that. I kind of felt bad for him then. I honestly didn't even think he knew who I was in grade school. I told him I had to do something for the department but to stick around and we could have a beer and catch up.

By the time I got done with the event it was late and he had split. I never saw him again. Hope his life turned out okay.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Actually not There never a place for mean kids and teasing , but they likley get it from parents anyhow He's put it behind Him , '68 Mustang and discovering Girls changed Him in secondary school

Thats true, but shit happens. There is a difference between being poked in the chest a little and being needlessly tormented though.

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
...I had a girl next-door to me who was a polio victim ...I was about 9 or10 and I made fun of her...to this day the thought that I did that still haunts me...

As a kid you do fucked up stuff. You don't realize it until years later.

One year we had a foreign exchange student. I think he was from Sweden maybe. His name was Claus Chrone. He wore thick glasses and spoke broken English, played the viola and got picked on a lot. It must of really sucked for him, being in a foreign country and getting bullied. He didn't have any friends and I know he wanted to be my friend but I rejected him and wouldn't talk to him. I was already considered a POS social outcast and the last thing I needed was a buddy that was treated the same.

Now I realize ironically, that was exactly what I need then. I have a lot of regrets in my life. That is one of them.

badluck

Reaction score
Get your boy into Jiu Jitsu or wrestling ASAP. He will build self confidence and not be phased by bully’s. If you’re in So Cal and need a recommendation for a team pm me.
This for sure. Both of mine have been in it for a few years. We were both kind of against it but let the kids try it. Son didn’t like it. Quit once and wanted to quit again. Not a chance. Both kids are very confident and a lot of it was from Bjj. My 11yr old daughter lives for it. I’ve seen her destroy 140 lb 14 yr olds. She trains 6 days a week for 2-4 hrs a day. I highly recommend you get him in there ASAP.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
As a kid you do fucked up stuff. You don't realize it until years later.

One year we had a foreign exchange student. I think he was from Sweden maybe. His name was Claus Chrone. He wore thick glasses and spoke broken English, played the viola and got picked on a lot. It must of really sucked for him, being in a foreign country and getting bullied. He didn't have any friends and I know he wanted to be my friend but I rejected him and wouldn't talk to him. I was already considered a POS social outcast and the last thing I needed was a buddy that was treated the same.

Now I realize ironically, that was exactly what I need then. I have a lot of regrets in my life. That is one of them.

And all because, I'm am just assuming so correct me if I'm wrong, because you were worried about what others would think about you if had become friends with him...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Have him punch the kid that’s teasing him, in the face, and keep punching him. Even if he loses the fight, he will feel better, because he’s done something except just standing there and taking it. Your wife probably won’t agree with this, but thats okay. He may get suspended, but that’s okay too.

I wore glasses in elementary school...and we moved a lot with my dad's job. 4th grade was hell...I was picked on over them mercilessly...I was called Simon birch, had them broken etc. My dad told me not to start anything but I could finish it. I punched Kevin right in the mouth as he chased me around the playground trying to get my glasses. I stopped, turned around and fuckin nailed him right in the mouth.. That shit stopped that day...he got a bloody mess, I got a 3 day OSS, and my dad took me fishing. Fuck you Kevin, I still remember you and laugh that you never amounted to shit.

Be dad, and teach him right from wrong...also fuck over the other kid and his POS parents..its a learned behavior and they are probably trailer trash.

badluck

Reaction score
i tell the same to both my daughter and son....and i also tell them if they see someone getting bullied and dont stand up for the kid getting bullied i will be kicking their ass. Always stand up for yourself and always stand up for those who cant stand up for themselves!
Totally agree. I preach to them to never be a bully and help the kids who need help.

jet496

Reaction score
Wife called me today and said my eight-year-old son got into the car after school without his glasses on. Said the kids were making fun of him at school. I don’t really know what to do, I am mad and sad.
Teach him a few moves on kicking ass. My dad did that for me in 4th Grade, showed me how to punch & where to hit them. I went back to school the next day & the same bully fucked with me & I kicked his ass, (as bad as a skinny ass 4th grader that just learned how to fight could LOL). Funny thing is we became best friends after that & remain so to this day.

84miller

Reaction score
There unfortunately is not a blanket answer. In the 60's, a different time, however my parents would kick my ass if I got into any trouble. For some reason, never figured it out, this guy just continual picked on me everyday after school but on school campus, 4th grade. About two weeks into it, he picked the wrong day. He came up behind me pushed, I took him down and down hard. I had to taken off him for the punches to stop. So I got it two fold, from the school, then a belt when I got home. It was worth it for me, as I was never bothered again, we did not become friends after..he never bothered me again.

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
And all because, I'm am just assuming so correct me if I'm wrong, because you were worried about what others would think about you if had become friends with him...

No. I already knew what most of them thought of me. I was a target and didn't need a second target to draw more attention to me.

I learned at a young age not to give a fuck about what anyone thinks of me. I have spent most of my life avoiding people and currently live out in the middle of nowhere. I know a lot of people but have very few friends.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
He’s 8. He’s grown to this point with out glasses. He’s likely beating himself up more then the other kids are.
He probably self conscious, feels weird and embarrassed for now having glasses. Not saying he’s not getting picked on. But he’s likely having his own feelings about them. To a couple kids saying 4 eyes or dumb glasses etc. just explode in his own head 10 fold. They are glasses. Kids will forget by next week. It’s not like he’s walking into school w a metal halo stabilizing his neck that kids have never seen before. Kids at that age get glasses, next will be braces, acne, girls that start their periods at school. It’s does and is going happen.
It’s all normal, and there will always be dumb comments for some amount of time. Why does it always have to instantly be bully’s
What kind of character/individuality would the human race have if we all just said nice things, never judged, never got judged. Comments, good and bad helped create who we all are today.

Tell your son you love him. Tell him he looks great w glasses. Get him contacts. Tell him laugh with kids making comments. If a kid is making comments to hurt and they get a smile or laughs back then situation diffused.
If it’s a kid causing physical pain, either stand up and fight, or stand up and say I’m not running you want to hit me have at it. They’ll be dumb founded. Bully’s like fear and embarrassment and to be acknowledged. Take the first 2 away and they’ve lost the power to hurting they'll move on.

dribble

Reaction score
Although he was a few years older my 14 year old step son was getting bullied in the 8th grade. He was fat and a total goob. He came home complaining about it daily. To my ex-wife’s credit, she finally told him that he was the only one who could fix it. He would have to fight the bully, win or lose. I gave him some pointers about standing up for himself and how to hit so it hurt. The next day I came home and he was holding a steak over his black eye and he was pumped. Said the guy got one good shot and he pummeled the fucker until he cried uncle. His whole life changed after that. He got a lot of respect.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
A day where someone makes a joke at your expense, thats just a bad day. Gotta build a thick skin in this world, its brutal out there and if daddy comes to the rescue every time then hes not gonna build confidence in himself to deal with his problems.

DFhbKnkUwAAC13o.jpg

Not to downplay actual bullying and should have parental involvement.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I don't think a child getting teased or bullied should have to rise to the occasion to defend himself or herself for wearing glasses. Just imagine being that young and not comfortable with fighting someone and being told that they have to do something about it. Fuck that... That's way too much for a child to handle on their own. I think the school should be aware of the situation and take action if need be.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Get your boy into Jiu Jitsu or wrestling ASAP. He will build self confidence and not be phased by bully’s. If you’re in So Cal and need a recommendation for a team pm me.

This, or good old boxing. My dad had me in Golden Gloves when I was 8 years old.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I don't think a child getting teased or bullied should have to rise to the occasion to defend himself or herself for wearing glasses. Just imagine being that young and not comfortable with fighting someone and being told that they have to do something about it. Fuck that... That's way too much for a child to handle on their own. I think the school should be aware of the situation and take action if need be.
if they dont learn to rise to the occassion now when will they? thinking its too much for a child to handle is why we are in the current state we are in. stop looking for someone else to fix the problem and fix it for yourself....the great thing that will come out of this is that this kid will have the confidence. and the byproduct will be this kid will stop bullying

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
if they dont learn to rise to the occassion now when will they? thinking its too much for a child to handle is why we are in the current state we are in. stop looking for someone else to fix the problem and fix it for yourself....the great thing that will come out of this is that this kid will have the confidence. and the byproduct will be this kid will stop bullying

Not as an 8 year old... When do we stop making excuses for bullies?

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Giving a kid advice like "don't start the fight, but be sure you end it" always sounded good in the past. But in today's world, a kid who fights back against the wrong bully, may find himself jumped by the bully's gang. Kids can get seriously hurt in an unsupervised environment at school, or on the street at a place of the gang's choosing. School admin needs to be held accountable for not taking proper action. Don't have your kid fighting this fight alone.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
...I had a girl next-door to me who was a polio victim ...I was about 9 or10 and I made fun of her...to this day the thought that I did that still haunts me...

similar story.. There was a girl in my school, I honestly don’t remember bullying her.. one day she left her type writer in class and the teacher had me take it to her.. when I picked up her folder a paper fell out that said “I hate Dave Johnson” over and over and over..

I still think about it and it fucking haunts me to this day. I changed my life after that day.

On the other note in there was this prick that was bigger than everyone else and he lost at tether ball and wouldn’t get off the court. I was up next, we got into it and he got a bloody nose. He said he was gonna tell the teacher and I told him a lot worse was coming if he did..

decades later he knocked on my door and I was standing there dumbfounded.. It was random he had some stencils and was offering to repaint peoples street numbers on the curb. He realized who I was and we talked for a few minutes the. He joked that he painted over peoples numbers that didn’t give him the job.. Apparently he never changed Much.

I told him our numbers were fine. He didn’t paint over them.. Guy is and will always be a prick.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Giving a kid advice like "don't start the fight, but be sure you end it" always sounded good in the past. But in today's world, a kid who fights back against the wrong bully, may find himself jumped by the bully's gang. Kids can get seriously hurt in an unsupervised environment at school, or on the street at a place of the gang's choosing. School admin needs to be held accountable for not taking proper action. Don't have your kid fighting this fight alone.

calling the school is the absolute worst move he can make. It’s only gonna make shit worse.. if not end up getting his own kid kicked out of school.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
calling the school is the absolute worst move he can make. It’s only gonna make shit worse.. if not end up getting his own kid kicked out of school.

Not at my school. And every kid at my school is there because they were not fitting in somewhere else. It is like the military, if you screw the pooch the whole class is going to be held accountable in some way. Small class sizes and take no shit Admins make the impossible possible. Kids may get suspended for fighting in self defense but most of the instigators get booted out long term.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not at my school. And every kid at my school is there because they were not fitting in somewhere else. It is like the military, if you screw the pooch the whole class is going to be held accountable in some way. Small class sizes and take no shit Admins make the impossible possible. Kids may get suspended for fighting in self defense but most of the instigators get booted out long term.

That doesn’t sound like a normal school.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
@RiverDave I am actively working with six kids online right now. If they want to pull an all nighter to get caught up, then that is what "we " are going to do. Semester ends in 48 hours. Most teachers dont feel that way.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I grabbed a rock, launched it, direct shotright to the head. Blood exploded everywhere. Kid dropped. I thought I killed him. My dad happened to pull up same time. Kid was screaming. My Dad told him to take his ass home and shake it off. Lol. I was terrified crying ! my Dad just told me I did good always protect myself etc.

Became friends with Matt later that year. We shook hands and he got a good scar to remember. Seems like its part of socialization and the growth process. But with social media now, its a whole new set of problems and bullying styles it seems.
I didn’t know you were Scottish :cool:

1608014282371.gif

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I always told my kids...

If someone picks on you, just laugh at them! And if it's a good one, say just that! I always was friends with Everyone in school. EVEN IF I DIDN'T LIKE EM!!!

Have you never heard the adage, keep your friends close and your enemies closer?? That's how I handled it.

I did have to throw down with one of the jerkoffs in fifth or sixth grade, and he pulled she same shit on me!!! I have him on the ground, punching him in the face, and he's laughing at me the whole time! lol I was so pissed, but it didn't do any good. :p

I put my son in Martial Arts in Jr. High. When he got in HS, and the older kids came after him, he only had to show them what he knew ONE time. Nobody bothered him after that.

Martial Arts for an 8 year old, probably ain't gonna work. Teaching him how to talk shit, well, that will last him a lifetime...

"hey four eyes, what's up?"

"I can see how fuckin ugly you are now, other than that, not much!"

;)

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Wife called me today and said my eight-year-old son got into the car after school without his glasses on. Said the kids were making fun of him at school. I don’t really know what to do, I am mad and sad.
Couple things, as I see it. I hate bullies and I feel for your son. Couple things though

First- life is full of assholes, the sooner your son understands this and decides if he’s a wolf or a rabbit the better. Sad but true.

Second- there’s teasing, and then there’s bullying. Big differences- we were taught NEVER ever tease someone about something that’s true. Buck teeth, big ears etc.

You know your son- if it’s hurting him emotionally- immediately let him know you get it, you have his back and be there in the am to greet the principle, bullying is no joke. I would not fuck around. Make sure the principal gets it. But be cool, you son is watching. Also, walk your son to class or be out front with him so the bully can see u. If you’re not intimating, find someone who is And have him walk your son to class with you. You follow. A show of strength, a big scary dad Is all an 8 year old needs to see, he better shut the shit down and decide your boy would maske a better ally.

meanwhile- that night, YouTube how to fucksomeone up fast in bar fight- t won’t take much. MAKE SURE your kid has the idea. If the bully says one word, no talking little Johnny needs to fuck him up with extreme prejudice. make sure it’s in the class or around a teacher, just in case lil Johnny blows it. No matter what the bully will find a new target and if your kid does it well, he can perpetuate that beat down till college when he won’t need it, those other kids will be scared and never ever mess with Johnny, EVER again. They may end up being buddies and your kid will be Alpha. The point is- you try first - but you can’t be wishy washy- your son needs to stand up immediately- image is everything- and self esteem for young boys is huge- the bully will be done

if it’s just teasing- Talk to teacher- explain The obvious and Send him to school with a nice big box of donuts for the class and make him the nice kid that does cool shit. More than one way to skin a cat.

Boys will be boys- but make no mistake about the psychology of it, If it’s hurting him and real bullying, your kid will be waaaaay better off in life learning to face it and learning to be self reliant and to stick up for and defend himself, when necessary. You do t want him afraid of or trying to not be at school. You want him to feel safe secure and confident in himself. Contacts might be a good idea as well. But that’s neither here or there.

tell him to be cool, and light a cigarette😂 ( or reach into his pocket, grab a big of skittles pour himself a mouthful ) and On his own toss the empty bag on the kid or at the kid who’s crying, then walk straight to the office after he delivers the ass whipping, and have him go straight to the principals office, no waiting on those chairs, walk in and let him or her know he’s on notice and next time he does their job for them, the school district will be writing him a discharge letter. Don’t play and don’t be indecisive. Your son will never get picked on again. Bullying is no joke, it cannot be tolerated. Teasing.. eh, you decide.

Ask me how I know 👍🏼

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My youngest son, is physically disabled, a little slow mentally. With IEP/504 we wanted him to go to a normal school, since there’s no short cuts as a future adult. School is rough for anyone different, hasn’t changed at all, since I was a kid. all 4 of my kids trained in martial arts, all have black belts. Even with all there training, my youngest would just take and take the daily abuse. He had this warm glow that was fading, never would tell us anything. He only told his older brother all the problems at school. Bullying not only by students, but I find out his fucking math teacher physically hit him twice! this last time my son couldnt hold the tears in, so he spilled the beans, ( teacher was frustrated with my son not understanding concepts) turns out this teacher has hit my oldest son and a few other kids and has been written up, but not fired! This is in Havasu- as a parent, what would you do next? I’m not going to talk about animalistic rage as a parent, or get into what I did about it, or to that teacher, but I will tell you, I’m not finished with him for the rest of his life. In the end, we took all our kids out of that school and home schooled ever since. it was the best decision we ever made! All my kids are doing way better and happy, that’s all that matters in the end.

Jesus... :oops:

Water Romper

Reaction score
I always thought the kids with glasses were smarter than me, for some reason they had a "look" about them that appeared polished and ready to get down to business (school work wise) and don't get me started with girls in glasses, the studious, library type with a killer smile. Down right sexy to me.

As for the punks that are bully's, unfortunately, this is the world we live in and girls can be as cruel (if not worse) as guys. As one RDP member suggested, embrace your son, explain that bully's do what they do because they lack somthing that they wish they had (loving parents, nice home, non abusive family life etc...) and of course, some kids (and adults) are just plain assholes and while I don't advocate violence, being a bully is drawing first blood and a punch in the mouth can go a long way.

Water Romper

Reaction score
My goodness, this is so sad. I am sorry you and your kids have to deal with this. And a teacher striking your child?? That's assault and I would have LEO involved in a heartbeat. I had my share of "swats" by teachers because I deserved it and my parents knew. I was NEVER struck because of my performance. If this so called "teacher" has struck your son, you know he's hit others. A parent has enough to deal with...

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I'm one of the younger crew on here, was in 3rd grade back in 2004 (fuck that's a long time ago, I feel old) and I remember that being around the time when things at school started to get nerfed and parents started complaining about everything. No more secret santa because it said santa, couldn't play red rover, couldn't play tag, couldn't play a team sport at recess unless the teacher picked the teams, some dumb parent tried to tell me I couldn't bring my PB&J for lunch because her son was allergic to peanuts (try to keep your son's focking nose out of my lunch then).

I got bullied a bit because I was a fat kid, who wore glasses, and was usually one of the smarter ones in the class. Taking pride in finishing your worksheets first kind of made you a target around the age when it became cool to not care about school. One thing my parents taught me was to smile and say thank you when someone says something mean to you. It's not the reaction or response that the bully is looking for to be fulfilled, so they move on to another target.

Another thing that really helped me was organized team sports, it helped me build a friend group that I could go to to insulate myself from the meaner kids.

One thing I will stress, in today's world, try to avoid having your child come to blows with another kid over just words. I say that for a couple different reasons, one is that schools don't seem to give a fuck about what the other kid was saying to your kid before your kid swung. Your kid swung first, he is and will always be the bad kid. Secondly, I think it is really important for someone to be able to develop the skills to emotionally handle a tough situation without taking a swing. Do you want your kid to be the one at the bar taking swings at random people because they looked at him funny? I have family who is like this, had to break up a fight between my 57 year old uncle and some dude at a football game because this dude called my uncle "white trash," well you kind of proved him right. Obviously, your kid should feel empowered to physically defend themselves if someone is trying to physically harm them, but it shouldn't be a default reaction.

Wish your kid well, it's definitely not a fun thing to go through. But as the song said, "God Blessed the broken road..."

HBCraig

Reaction score
This.

aslo, remind him how special he is to his family. Family is all that matters. Nothing else. Why? Because its true.

I say get him some training because my son was threatened, not exactly bullied or made fun of. Then it went as far as the kids said they will meet him after school and kick his ass. He said he will take a raincheck til the morning because he had baseball. Funny but it was true. Also, there are teachers around. He was scared and I could tell. I assure him this wouldnt be his only fight and NEVER let anyone sit and hit you. Plus, with teachers around it wont last long. I told him if one of these little fucks touches you after you tell him not to then its free game. I dropped him off at school with all these dipshits watching me and him. I leave in my truck but pull around the corner to watch. Sure as shit one kid pushes him he turns around and says something then takes a half assed swing and my son throws a right and drops that little fuck.

He had some martial arts training. All 3 of these shitbags have never said a word to him since. All 3 are stoner shitbags now in HS.

HBCraig

Reaction score
For all that are saying standing up for yourself/confrontation is not the answer were never bullied as a child!! Bringing attention to it ie, telling the teacher, principal, counselor will do nothing except accelerate the issue. Teachers these days will do nothing except make said bully apologize in front of everyone, at that time when teachers aren't around it turns even worse "tattle tail syndrome"! Kids that are bullied(mine being mr popular)are done so because they have no confidence that they could do anything about it and it is something the "just have to deal with"! Ask me how I know! I was bullied for being "overweight" and a "scrounge" not being dirty, but for not having "name brand" close and shoes from Kmart. My dad tought me self defence, but still didnt give the confidence I could do anything about it. In 4th grade some high school kids(wrestlers) showed up at our elementary school to recruit for the local Mat Club, had try outs in the gym the following evening! Needless to say I mentioned it to my parents that night and they arranged for someone to pick me up at tryouts as they had to work and I would miss my bus. Best thing I did in my life. After 3 weeks(the whole time I was now a "mat fag" to add to the fire) of those high school guys training us we had a local tournament. 2 of them had taken my under there wing away from most of the few other kids that tried out. Well, needless to say, I dominated that tournament and ended up 2nd place out of all the 4-6th graders. So few days later bully starts talking shit again while waiting for the bus, calling me a mat fag, One of the bullies buddies(I had stuck him in the first round in the semifinals) actually laughed, looked at me and said, show him about "mat fags".. double leg takedown wrapped him up like gumby, right before he passed out his buddy pulled me off. Not a single punch thrown, done before the teachers showed up. Never got bullied again. Matter of fact about a year later bully and I had become friends.

Wrestling changed my life, it was not a sport, it was a lifestyle and any good coach will make it that way. I joined the actual matclub right after, wrestled mat club a colligent until I was a Jr in high school! Several district and state championships in Greco Roman, Freestyle and Collegiate..

Sorry for the rant but that just brought back alot of memories holy shit..lol
My brother was a "mat fag". Never got fucked with because everyone knew.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
My son was bullied at school and on the bus home one day. Older kid turned around on the bus and punch my boy 3 times cause he thought it was funny. My boy gets off the bus at home and walks through the door like this. I went off the deep end contacting the school, and bus and they wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole or even tell me who the family was. They actually sent the authorities to my home to grill me about not taking matters into my own hands. My son ended up pointing him out at the soccer tournament and I went straight after his dad. If he wasn't immediately alarmed and apologetic I was going to rip his head off. In the end he was super sorry and gave his boy a solid ass whooping. It took insane strength to not want to beat the kid myself. Next day he was enrolled in wrestling and jujitsu and now he is a stud. Problem is he thinks he can take dad out. I may have to bully him some.
20121109_164016.jpg

lebel409

Reaction score
Kids are mean. Three kids with brown hair will gang up on the blonde one just because he's different.

Kids want to fit in, but ANY reason is enough to pick at another one.

While all the stories about punching the bully are satisfying, that isn't most kids. Most kids don't know how to handle it, go to the teacher and get told that it's handled...and it keeps on happening. So they tell the parents, who get the school involved, and it keeps on happening. So where's the kids trust? the parents, teacher and principal have lied to them? ( kids are very black and white, no gray)

My son had this happen, got in trouble (not from us) for fighting back, kept happening again and again...and then the text messages started.

BAM, principal called the police, kid was removed from school property, parents threatened to sue us?... and the kid texted more threats, straight to the police, kid was removed from the district. Then we'd found out how many other parents had been making complaints about the same kids for years.

The one and done punch might work sometimes, but there are other times it's really necessary to use the system, document, and most importantly talk to your kid, letting them know that your are listening.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My oldest has Tourette’s syndrome. You think wearing glasses is bad, that don’t have shit on a mental handicap. Children are evil at that age. Having your kid tattle doesn’t do anything other than the bully getting in trouble, and now he’s even more vindictive. We tried the tattle tale route, and it made the problems ten fold. My wife wanted to put him in another school, or home school. No way. That doesn’t solve the problem. The life lessons learned at a young age are critical, including bullying. I sat my boy down many times, and reinforced my love and encouragement. But I also told him that one day he will have to stand up for himself. I won’t always be there, or momma won’t always be there, or you can’t just quit and go to a new place every time there’s trouble. He would have to get to a point that he had enough. And guess what? A solid punch right to the nose will get someone’s attention. He only had to do this a few times, and he then got a reputation for not being a target anymore. The Bully’s moved on to other kids. I look back and am so thankful that he had the courage to stand up for himself, and as a grown man, he isn’t a victim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is some sage advice right here. Remember, its not just in person where a kid can be bullied anymore. Its also online now too where the school can only do so much.

Like others have said, do things to boost his confidence. There will always be assholes in life and hurdles to get past, teaching them young how to deal with minor things like a little verbal jabbing will go a LONG way in helping them deal with crap properly later on.

I think the only time the school should be involved is when the parents arent doing their jobs or it escalates into physical abuse.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I have a different route.
Find the cute girls mom.
Fill her in. Ask her to ask the girl to just say,
"I like your glasses"
Whole different perspective now.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My youngest son, is physically disabled, a little slow mentally. With IEP/504 we wanted him to go to a normal school, since there’s no short cuts as a future adult. School is rough for anyone different, hasn’t changed at all, since I was a kid. all 4 of my kids trained in martial arts, all have black belts. Even with all there training, my youngest would just take and take the daily abuse. He had this warm glow that was fading, never would tell us anything. He only told his older brother all the problems at school. Bullying not only by students, but I find out his fucking math teacher physically hit him twice! this last time my son couldnt hold the tears in, so he spilled the beans, ( teacher was frustrated with my son not understanding concepts) turns out this teacher has hit my oldest son and a few other kids and has been written up, but not fired! This is in Havasu- as a parent, what would you do next? I’m not going to talk about animalistic rage as a parent, or get into what I did about it, or to that teacher, but I will tell you, I’m not finished with him for the rest of his life. In the end, we took all our kids out of that school and home schooled ever since. it was the best decision we ever made! All my kids are doing way better and happy, that’s all that matters in the end.

Ever seen Kindergarten Cop??

I can tolerate kids fighting with each other. A teacher hitting a kid? My kid??

Zero tolerance.

You have far more self control than me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My goodness, this is so sad. I am sorry you and your kids have to deal with this. And a teacher striking your child?? That's assault and I would have LEO involved in a heartbeat. I had my share of "swats" by teachers because I deserved it and my parents knew. I was NEVER struck because of my performance. If this so called "teacher" has struck your son, you know he's hit others. A parent has enough to deal with...

not my kids you quoted the wrong guy.. but yeah I feel the same way that is a crazy situation, I don’t know how I’d react to it to be honest..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My son was bullied at school and on the bus home one day. Older kid turned around on the bus and punch my boy 3 times cause he thought it was funny. My boy gets off the bus at home and walks through the door like this. I went off the deep end contacting the school, and bus and they wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole or even tell me who the family was. They actually sent the authorities to my home to grill me about not taking matters into my own hands. My son ended up pointing him out at the soccer tournament and I went straight after his dad. If he wasn't immediately alarmed and apologetic I was going to rip his head off. In the end he was super sorry and gave his boy a solid ass whooping. It took insane strength to not want to beat the kid myself. Next day he was enrolled in wrestling and jujitsu and now he is a stud. Problem is he thinks he can take dad out. I may have to bully him some. View attachment 952130

And that’s why you don’t call the school. Those liberal fucks always turn it around on the victim!!

DC-88

Reaction score
Does your son have an any friends with older brothers or an older brother himself? I was the oldest, so nobody close to my little bro's age ever messed with him due to me and my friends. I also skated thorough some situations due to my buddie's older brothers looking out for us. We moved from Az to the good old LA unified district when I was in 3rd grade and that in itself was an eye opener. Then "busing " happened the next year and holy shit the shithole schools we went to took it to a whole new level that would leave a racist BLM fuck beaming with pride ;) . In a way the fighting, going to the bathroom in groups so as not to get jumped alone, hiding valuables, being super aware of surroundings etc did help prepare us for life in the real world.