WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

8yr old sons getting made fun of

4Waters

Reaction score
My youngest son, is physically disabled, a little slow mentally. With IEP/504 we wanted him to go to a normal school, since there’s no short cuts as a future adult. School is rough for anyone different, hasn’t changed at all, since I was a kid. all 4 of my kids trained in martial arts, all have black belts. Even with all there training, my youngest would just take and take the daily abuse. He had this warm glow that was fading, never would tell us anything. He only told his older brother all the problems at school. Bullying not only by students, but I find out his fucking math teacher physically hit him twice! this last time my son couldnt hold the tears in, so he spilled the beans, ( teacher was frustrated with my son not understanding concepts) turns out this teacher has hit my oldest son and a few other kids and has been written up, but not fired! This is in Havasu- as a parent, what would you do next? I’m not going to talk about animalistic rage as a parent, or get into what I did about it, or to that teacher, but I will tell you, I’m not finished with him for the rest of his life. In the end, we took all our kids out of that school and home schooled ever since. it was the best decision we ever made! All my kids are doing way better and happy, that’s all that matters in the end.
My daughter was also bullied by her 4th grade teacher, not physically but mentally, ended up in a meeting with her and the principal and she started crying and saying she was afraid of me, called her a snowflake and told her to knock her crying off. Both my kids went to a different school the next year.

PilotRyan

Reaction score
I was bullied from 3rd grade to about 11th grade because of my red hair and being skinny. Middle school was by far the worst because there was no maturity yet.

While I really appreciate my hair and slim physique now because a lot of my friends and former classmates are fat and ugly, back then it was really really horrible. The best thing you can do is to tell your kid that there is nothing wrong with them, and a bunch of 10 year olds don’t get to decide what is good or bad. My parents did a great job building self esteem.

Unfortunately some parents don’t help their child build self confidence to mentally block the bullying, and they succumb to the pain, depression, and potential self-harm. There are many ways to help before it ever gets to this point though so don’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is some necklace for daughters they sell on fb that has a round thing and a crown..

It says “if you are having a bad day, remember who’s daughter you are stand up and straighten your crown.” Or some thing like that.. I liked that thing.. lol.

Duramax

Reaction score
I was lucky....I guess. I was always popular but I stuttered quite a bit, so I was scared to death for people to make fun of me. I ALWAYS tried to make friends with some of the other kids who were not in the "cool" group, or always called them over at lunch or whatever. I already teach my 3yr to stand up for kids who are not as fortunate, or who are maybe not treated as good as she is. That shit does not stand with me, and that is where it starts, the home. If kids had great, confident, loving parents at home, why would they be bullys?

I worry about this as we speak. Kids these days are on another level of mean, I mean, it no longer stops at school, they take that shit online. I truly feel for you and your son, and as much as I agree with, "punch the kid in the face" what if it backfires? I also like the fact of getting into sports or whatever. Anything that helps him build confidence. I asked my mom not to long ago (my father passed away 3 years ago) what they did to raise me with such confidence? I always think I am the baddest motherfucker in the room no matter what. Maybe look at that? Are you making sure you tell him how great he is? I don't know, I am reaching for you as I am sure you feel helpless. I know I would.

Good luck to you and your son dad.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
My BIL rides with a local club.
Have your boy picked up from a bunch of mean looking M-Fuckers on Harleys. Nothing but straight pipes hitting rev limiters in the pickup lane will get everyone’s attention.
If he’s lucky he can point out the little bully bitch on his way out to the crew so then can just mean mug the kid.
That would be enough I’m sure..

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Only ‘real fight’ I had in school was with a Senior when I was Junior. He always just seemed to go out of his way to single me out and make things hard on me. One day I’d had it and we ended up in a physical altercation in the middle of a chemistry class.

More than twenty years later I am friends with him and we still talk regularly.

Have the courage to stand up for yourself and even the bully might surprise you.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
we dont make excuses for bullies. we beat the shit out of them. and then find their parents and beat the shit out of them too

you got a size advantage on most.. lol. Plus your old man is hard as a rock so that probably helped growing up.

JD D05

Reaction score
The key to all of this is having your kids in things that bring them self confidence and self worth. That should come in a variety of ways... Home life, chores, athletics, motorcycles, whatever it is. I was bullied growing up, actually ate lunch alone for 1 year (7th grade) in middle school hiding in the boys locker room, found another west side kid and we ate lunch together everyday alone in 8th grade. Prior to Jr High my dad knew this was going on and took me to a park and made me punch him in the face until he was bleeding, I was crying and saying NO but he kept beating on me until I got mad.

One time in 6th grade I was boarding the bus and saw another 6th grader beating and spitting on my brother who was in 3rd grade. Without saying anything he was laughing about it looking the other direction when I squared him up with a punch that snapped his head into the window shattering it.

I would not change a damn thing about anything I went through.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Found that thing I was talking about..

C744B83F-40A5-43D5-90DF-59B02B20BDE6.png

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
my son has had issues, wife reaches out to the school and they actually usually handle it pretty well. My wife is pretty aggressive with her message to the school though.

I usually just tell him to punch the fucker in the face. Then my wife gets aggressive with me. LOL

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
If I remember correctly . . . most if not all the kids I knew growing up as a kid who trained in martial arts, never really had to use it. I remember hearing, "So and So is a ____-belt in karate" . . . nobody ever messed w/ those dudes. I never had kids, but dated a gal w/ 3 children for almost 10 years . . . I tried my very best to make it work, but the kids never accepted me. Their Dad was out of state and a total asshole loser who'd MAYBE only see them once a year for 2-3 days max. I always tried to offer the best advice I could. I think that there was some serious drama I never heard about before I came along. There's seems to be some good advice here from some really good people. . . ultimately it's your decision and the little guy is very lucky to have a parent who is genuinely concerned about his well-being. God Bless

traquer

Reaction score
I was never part of the cool crowd growing up, but I was never really bullied either. I was short and skinny but I guess I was kind of funny and didn't give a shit so I wasn't a target. Lots of good suggestions here on humor and that and is what I'd recommend.

When I was 12 or so my 16 year old cousin and his family immigrated to the US from Europe. He was a tall skinny white boy. He was a real son of a bitch and the biggest bully I ever had. He never hurt me physically though. Now that I think of it the bullying was just giving me life lessons since I never had older brothers growing up. We're best friends today and he's one of my mentors.

Funny story, when this kid was 19, he was a piece of work back then like a said, and he got caught for drugs and felony shoplifting at the mall with his girlfriend. Went to jail for a while and ended up in a cell with an older black murderer one day. lol he must have really pissed off the jailers or something. Anyway, my cousin was from Europe and didn't know a damn thing about jail or black people in the US but he was so funny he became best buds with the dude who protected him. All the skinheads wanted to kick his ass for being friends with the black dude but that wasn't going to happen. He's now an investor and philanthropist and a grade a role model. Humor and knowing how to deal with people will take you a long ways in life.

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
The best of luck to you. I graduated 07 and was on both sides. Brutally honest and hurt some feelings when I should've just kept my mouth shut and vise versa. Becoming an adult made majority of those problems go away on both sides. Only downside is it takes time, like years. I can't imagine the level of bullying these days with social media. As a kid it would seem tough on what battles to pick and choose. The best advice I got was "be glad you didn't wake up in their body". Makes you think that for as bad as things are and worse they could be, you are not that person and are fortunate you are not them.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
you got a size advantage on most.. lol. Plus your old man is hard as a rock so that probably helped growing up.
agreed i do now....but back when i was bullied not so much. Took my uncle to tell me to stop being a pussy and fight back to realize i could. and when i did those fuckin scumbags ran. I remember their names to this day. And they avoided me the rest of their lives.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
My son is 8 and he got bullied up until I had a chat with him. I told him to punch the kid that makes fun of him right in the nose (my dad taught me that). It kinda worked...now my kid is a bully and beats the crap out of kids. Now I spend way more time telling him not to get into fights and be nice. I don't know what is worse!

4Waters

Reaction score
My son is 8 and he got bullied up until I had a chat with him. I told him to punch the kid that makes fun of him right in the nose (my dad taught me that). It kinda worked...now my kid is a bully and beats the crap out of kids. Now I spend way more time telling him not to get into fights and be nice. I don't know what is worse!
Created a monster🤣. That was my fear with my daughter but she remembered how she felt being bullied and doesn't want someone else feeling like that.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

If I ever got caught starting/provoking a fight that was unnecessary I know I'd get my ass beat by my mom when I got home. If was something I didnt start and felt I had to defend myself, it was a talking to and had to explain why I had no other choice, the night would go on as usual.. honestly could count the # of fist fights in my life on my fingers, maybe a couple toes. Most being in jr high. Had court mandated "anger management" for a few years in my early teens. They just teach you to bottle shit up so when you do explode it's a mess.. My last couple I had blacked out(no I wasnt drinking) and dont recall a thing until it was over. The last one probably when I was 23-24ish. Every since then my wife will just sit back if I have a confrontation knows that it takes me alot to actually fight, as soon as my eyes tear up she steps in cause she knows at that point shits gonna go south and it's best to get me away..

Runs2rch

Reaction score
The key to all of this is having your kids in things that bring them self confidence and self worth. That should come in a variety of ways... Home life, chores, athletics, motorcycles, whatever it is. I was bullied growing up, actually ate lunch alone for 1 year (7th grade) in middle school hiding in the boys locker room, found another west side kid and we ate lunch together everyday alone in 8th grade. Prior to Jr High my dad knew this was going on and took me to a park and made me punch him in the face until he was bleeding, I was crying and saying NO but he kept beating on me until I got mad.

One time in 6th grade I was boarding the bus and saw another 6th grader beating and spitting on my brother who was in 3rd grade. Without saying anything he was laughing about it looking the other direction when I squared him up with a punch that snapped his head into the window shattering it.

I would not change a damn thing about anything I went through.

Fuck I still eat lunch alone Hahaha!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly everyone’s kids are in full on mma stuff now.. If your kids aren’t they are going to be behind the curve.

it isn’t like it used to be where two kids that didn’t know what they were doing just duit out and the toughest kid won.. now these little bastards come flying at ya with some scissor neck lock bullshit.. lol. Your kid better be able to do the Kung fu shuffle or it’s gonna be a bad day..

not real relevant to bullying, just pointing out the “son punch him in the mouth” routine doesn’t exactly play anymore..

I’m kinda worried about my kids when they are teenagers.. all those spankings when they were kids might come back to haunt me. Lol

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Honestly everyone’s kids are in full on mma stuff now.. If your kids aren’t they are going to be behind the curve.

it isn’t like it used to be where two kids that didn’t know what they were doing just duit out and the toughest kid won.. now these little bastards come flying at ya with some scissor neck lock bullshit.. lol. Your kid better be able to do the Kung fu shuffle or it’s gonna be a bad day..

not real relevant to bullying, just pointing out the “son punch him in the mouth” routine doesn’t exactly play anymore..

I’m kinda worried about my kids when they are teenagers.. all those spankings when they were kids might come back to haunt me. Lol
punch him in the mouth works everywhere dave.....even to the mma guys.....its not even the fact that you punch them....its the fact you showed the balls to do it...Bullies prey on fear. once the fear is gone so are they...

id also say that being in mma teaches your right and wrong....i cant see an mma kid being a bully....mma is about respect and you give it to your opponent regardless...our mma teacher made us choke each other out so we understood what it felt like and where our limits were....but then our dumb asses were so competitive we wouldnt tap out and instead passed the fuck out lol....

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Fights were common in my jr high and high school years. Shit was pretty gangster when I look back on it.
I saw a black girl hit a white girl with a frozen soda can inside a tube sock.
My brother took a book to the back of the head and got beat up by 3 Mexicans. He did get revenge on one of them wen he found him alone.

I got suckered punched by karate kid and got my ass whooped. I was trying to bang his girlfriend. So I deserved it lol.

I beat the ever living shit out of a black kid. He would call me every racist name in the book. Finally I dropped the N bomb on him in front of his friends. And that started it. Lol
I could go on for days.

Moral of the story is, life gets much worse than jokes about glasses. Prepare the young lad for a world of shit.

kevin1988

Reaction score
Strap in folks, this is gonna be a long post.

I was the skinny kid with glasses and a speech impediment from elementary school on. Add everyone one knew I was Jewish from 4th grade on. Then high school added braces to the party. It wasn't hard to make fun of me.

I was constantly getting shit from kids at school, then from kids in the neighborhood. Told my parents and they were you don't start it but you finish it type.

Anyways around 4th grade in the neighborhood, kid down the street that was a friend that turned on me because becoming the cool kid was more important than being friends.
Fucker hit me in the face and fucked my glasses up. Go home, and ask my dad to take me to Sam's Club to get my glasses fixed and he asks what happened. I tell him and he's pissed and we go to Kyle's house. My dad talks to Kyle's dad and Kyle's dad calls Kyle over....Kyle did you do this blah blah blah. End of conversation "Kyle you need to say sorry" Which he did, very sarcastically.

Next day, none of the kids in the neighborhood wanted to play because Kyle told all of them I was a tattletale.

Then I was made fun of for being a tattle tale. At this time I was skinny as fuck and afraid of fighting because I didn't want my glasses to get messed up.

Didn't interact with neighborhood kids for the couple months, big part was Mom didn't want me around Kyle since he was a bully.

Started middle school. Kyle wasn't in any of my classes, but made a point to talk shit to me or talk shit about me to everyone around me every chance he could.

I took the shit because he was bigger than me, I was afraid to fight and telling someone made it worse before.

All through middle school, I got a lot of shit for glasses, my speech (asked if I was retarded, quite a few times) and for being Jewish ( Nazi Salutes, every jew joke ever ect)

Then high school. Found out I need braces. Lovely. Braces really brought out my speech impediment. I hated when we went around the classroom reading sections of the book.

So with all this I really hated school, and never went to any of the school functions such as football games, dances, events ect.

Then 10th grade changed everything, I was made fun of constantly. And it made me mad. Mad, feeling like I couldn't do anything other than say Fuck you to the other party, and they would just bust up laughing.

I finally had a moment where I realized these fucks were looking for a reaction. I started saying ok cool no matter how mad it made me and the lack of reaction pissed them off.

It got worse then because I didn't react. Swatikas on my binder, groups of fuck heads walking by doing a nazi salute, getting called four eyes, retard ect.

I stopped reacting and they tried harder.

But at one point it stopped.

I wasn't allowed to strike first. I was also never told what constituted a strike.

In Biology class, I sit next to a kid that made fun of me for fucking anything, He lived to talk shit.
I went to the asst. principal about the anti semetic things. He talked to him then comes back to me and says "He says he didn't say that, do you have a witness?"

So one day Micheal is going in on his usual shit talking, but this time I'm done and I challenge him. I forget what I said, This was 2005ish. He slaps at me. So according to my parents rules, he started it. I unleash. Stand up from my stool, and start wailing on him in the middle of class. In front of 30 kids. Teacher and a couple students separate us and teacher asks What the hell? I tell her hes making fun of me for being Jewish. Her whole demeanor toward me changed for the better, and worse for Michael.

Security comes and escorts us to the office. I'm fucking pumped, Michael is crying, saying his head hurts yadda yadda yadda.

I tell my story exactly how it happened. Michael made up shit. Asst principal commented that I told everything, even the stuff that wasn't so good for me.

Mom is called and comes to pick me up. When shes comes into the office, I get the what the fuck look. Then my teacher came into the office. She tells my mom, that Michael is a bully and she's glad I did what I did. Then gives me a thumbs up and says "Way to go Kevin." That right there made my mom realize I did what they told me to do.

I was suspended for 2 days (normal fight suspensions were 4 days) Michael got a Saturday school.

Next 2 days were basically a vacation. My parents took me out to lunch, I think we saw a movie. Anyways wasn't in trouble at all.

Come back to school and the rumor Michael started was he jumped me on the way to office. Total bullshit.

Now I have confidence and I'm done with his shit. Confront him and tell him if you're gonna spread that lie I'll beat your ass again at lunch so everybody sees. I also told a few key rumor spreaders what I was gonna do and they couldn't help but come along and watch.

After that I never had a problem with bullies.

Teach him how to defend himself so when the time comes he can and won't feel like he has to deal with it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
punch him in the mouth works everywhere dave.....even to the mma guys.....its not even the fact that you punch them....its the fact you showed the balls to do it...Bullies prey on fear. once the fear is gone so are they...

id also say that being in mma teaches your right and wrong....i cant see an mma kid being a bully....mma is about respect and you give it to your opponent regardless...our mma teacher made us choke each other out so we understood what it felt like and where our limits were....but then our dumb asses were so competitive we wouldnt tap out and instead passed the fuck out lol....

You know Marcus for a pretty mellow guy you are coming across crazy AF in this thread.. lol.

if someone asked me to describe you I’d say big giant jimmy buffet mellow guy that’s always smiling..
I’m going to add likes to crush bullies to the description now. Lol

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... went all the way through junior high school and high school with a guy who became a pretty renound concert pianist... one day we were talking... nobody else around ...a bully came up and tried to fleece him for money... I was by no means a bad ass but the guy started towards us and with all the energy I Could muster up... I bad vibed him to the point of where he stopped in his tracks... apparently stuff like that happened to my friend a lot...
I later had the pleasure of watching the bully about to get his ass beat in the bathroom of the movie movie theater where we all hung out on Friday night ...apparently he had bullied the wrong person this time...
...And the concert pianist he has had a very fruitful life ..I believe he became a rabbi in addition to his concert successes..

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I couldn’t help but think of this thread today when I sat down to eat lunch with my kids..

Read this kids hat..

EB8D1C90-0089-4A32-A566-237B676B5AAC.jpeg

When my 8 year old daughter asked me “Dad what does virginity rocks mean?” I looked at her and said loudly “don’t pay attention to that nerd.” Loud enough he could hear it..

some people bring that shit on themselves.

nordictom

Reaction score
Send our kid to a Karate studio, our daughter went for a few years to Bob White's Karate studio in Costa Mesa. made blue belt. Friend of mine was an Instructor there at the time. He warned me, "she can hit hard bro". She started to get teased / bullied. We did the talk with the principle, followed the proper protocols. I just told her, don't take that shit any more. within 3 days she took out 2 boys. It was great when the one boy's dad came up to me and started whining about my daughter kicking his kids ass. I just him to go home and tell his wife he's a pussy. End of story, she didn't have any issues after that.

NT