WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

9/11

outboardrick

Reaction score
I'm watching 9/11 shows on History Channel and am learning things that were not told before. There were many Heroes that we never knew about, Fighter Pilots that were scrambled in unarmed planes that were willing to ram highjacked planes to protect us. So many workers from all over America that showed up to help and were turned away. One thing that a I am very thankful for is that we had leadership that helped us through. President Bush, VP Cheney, Mayor Giuliani....I shudder to think what would happen if we have an incident like that happen now with the fucking idiots we have in charge.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I'm watching 9/11 shows on History Channel and am learning things that were not told before. There were many Heroes that we never knew about, Fighter Pilots that were scrambled in unarmed planes that were willing to ram highjacked planes to protect us. So many workers from all over America that showed up to help and were turned away. One thing that a I am very thankful for is that we had leadership that helped us through. President Bush, VP Cheney, Mayor Giuliani....I shudder to think what would happen if we have an incident like that happen now with the fucking idiots we have in charge.

Wow. Why in the hell would we not have armed planes at the ready near major cities?

As far as leadership - if it happens with the current regime in office, we would apologize for them not being able to pull of that 4th plane and then offer them all citizenship and flight lessons

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I heard on our local news that there were 11 or 12 terrorist hijackings of commercial aircraft that were planned to crash in to buildings, one of them was Seattle largest building. IIRC, LA and San Francisco were also targeted. The call to ground all flights saved many thousand US civilian lives. I am not a fan of GB JR but who ever made this decision was spot on.

I still remember that morning at work when the first plane hit the building and watching the second plane hit on a tiny tube TV in a neighboring office with the black Superintendent I was working for and our layout guy named Jerry, who weeks later was diagnosed with cancer and passed a couple of years later. It was surreal to watch the first tower fall and knowing dam well the second was going to be right behind it. Our jobsite was in the flight path for Sea-Tac airport and commercial aircraft flew over every couple of minutes. The Superintendent I worked for was a Vietnam vet and he is the one who noticed all commercial flights had been stopped and pointed the air force jets flying over.

I will never forget what I was doing when this happened or the people I was around when it happened. We were all worried about more attacks and if we would be able to make it home to our families.