WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

94 GMC TBI

Nordie

Reaction score
Any guys that are still familiar with this platform? Figured I would ask here as I am just tired of reading and hearing different consensus on what the problem may be.

So I bought this lowered 94 GMC short bed standard cab as a grocery getter, but she had a few issues, and wasn't quite running right. Well I fixed those issues and cleaned up a ton of the wiring. It's an old truck and appears that there have been a ton of hands in this truck

So the new stuff
MSD dizzy
New MSD plug wires
Brand new coil
NGK plugs gapped at .35
throttle body spacer
injector hat spacer
Entire TBI rebuild
Added an inline fuel pressure gauge, reads at 11.5 psi
TBI adjustable fuel pressure regulator

With new distributor I did the standard protocol according to the emissions sticker under the hood. Unplug tan/black wire set timing at 0 degrees.

What my issue is, is when sitting at a stoplight after the truck is warmed up I get a large surge, guessing misfire. Pretty sure it's a misfire in the ignition system, because I had the old lady hold it in park in the driveway and the fuel pressure never went low when the engine makes a little kick.

This is driving me insane, I know a threw a ton of new parts at it all at once, but I am leaning towards something in the ignition as being the culprit. It didn't do this before I changed the entire ignition system, but there were other issues that I somehow solved.

Any ideas?

20180519_114141.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nordictom

Reaction score
Did you check this guy out??? http://tbichips.com/
I had a few issues with a 1994 Chev 1500 350TBi. I used Acdelco or GM perf parts only. Runs great now.

NT