WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

96 Lavey Craft 20.2 Sebring ModVP tunnel

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
It’s been sitting for two years since I got the Cougar 23 MTR so time to let go. I thought I would use it at local lakes, but I don’t even get enough time at Havasu with the Cougar.

Gelcoat looks great and I think it’s one of the best looking Laveys made. It does have a couple of flaws from the years but always shines beautifully and I don’t think it’s ever been cut and buffed.

Interior is in fair condition and original so will need to be done at some point. All seat base cushions have been recently redone and it’s completely usable.

Four 5¼ Focals, two 8” subs and an Alpine amp with aux mini for phone or ipod. Bluetooth Could easily be added.

Recently freshened (break-in only) Merc Racing 280 horn motor with 225 total and about 2 ½ hours since re-ring and new CC reeds. I put top pinned Wizards in it at 120 hours. 28P Chopper is the best all around prop and will cruse at 50 – 60, run 90 with a light load and pull me up on a ski with two or three in the boat. Also have a 26 Masco 4 blade that works great for heavy loads and large skiers that can’t get their butts out of the water…

Sportmaster 1.87:1 lower with new gears, drive shaft, prop shaft and bearings 2017

Hydraulic steering with new helm and reseal cyl 2018

Gaffrig gauges with GPS recall speedo, depth gauge and mechanical jack/trim indicators.

In-Control foot throttle and trim pedal so you can keep both hands on the wheel.

Bob’s Hydraulic jack plate with custom indicator actuator.

New battery.

Bimini Top

Trailer - New bunks and fender pads with all new wood resin coated and all stainless hardware, new stainless fenders and tires on the trailer before I parked it two years ago. Weld wheels, bearing buddies LED lights.

Lots of extras included, spare props, vests, fenders, anchor with stainless chain, Merc service manual, DDT diagnostic tester and anything else that I didn’t put in the Cougar.

$20,000 for a very fun and versatile hot rod. Currently in Simi Valley, CA.

Lavey1.jpg
Lavey2.jpg
Lavey3.jpg
Lavey4.jpg
Lavey5.jpg
Lavey6.jpg
Lavey7.jpg
Lavey8.jpg
Lavey9.jpg
Lavey10.jpg
Lavey11.jpg
Lavey12.jpg
Lavey13.jpg

Attachments

• Lavey15.jpg
    Lavey15.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Lavey14.jpg
    Lavey14.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 113

gqchris

Reaction score
Beautiful rig sir, should sell fast, Especially with that 280 on it!

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I hope it finds a good home with someone that will have as much fun as I have with it!

Gone_Flat

Reaction score
Luv 2 go fast congrats on the sell , where did she go ?? Anyone on the boards ??

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Luv 2 go fast congrats on the sell , where did she go ?? Anyone on the boards ??

Thanks Tony!

I don't think he is on the board. My son posted it on whips and that's where he saw it. He has a place in Havasu so I hope to see him on the water. I really wanted to take it out one more time before I sold it but when you have a guy standing there with cash you gotta sell. It has been an amazing boat for me as it was for you I'm sure. I think the guy that bought it is a good choice and will enjoy it properly and have as much fun as we have.