WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A/C work in Havasu

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
is Carey still the guy? My buddy called me to go check his last night, he works out of state and his aunt and grandma came to use his home, they couldn’t get it to kick on, I’m no a/c guy, but the outside unit (split system)would hum, “like drawing a lot of power” but nothing happening. Leaning my face over the top where the exhaust fan should be blowing, I could feel the heat coming out, I think his compressor is froze? I pulled the breaker, so it doesn’t catch fire. Last year I met a a/c guy there for another repair and he put a capacitor in it. The house was 98 inside, I brought his aunt and grandma to my place for the nite.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Most likely the cap is bad. Most companies will do a half assed diagnoses and just swap a new cap and go on their way. But have them check the Dan motor and compressor amp draws, start amps, run amps, etc. I bet the fan motor or compressor are having issues as well.

What your explaining is typical when the compressor runs but the fan isn’t. As there’s no way to transfer heat with the fan not running. The compressor eventually over heats and stops running.

It’s not a fire danger as you have breakers and fuses disconnect to prevent that.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Most likely the cap is bad. Most companies will do a half assed diagnoses and just swap a new cap and go on their way. But have them check the Dan motor and compressor amp draws, start amps, run amps, etc. I bet the fan motor or compressor are having issues as well.

What your explaining is typical when the compressor runs but the fan isn’t. As there’s no way to transfer heat with the fan not running. The compressor eventually over heats and stops running.

It’s not a fire danger as you have breakers and fuses disconnect to prevent that.
Thx riverbound, who should I get out here for him?

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Call Brady or Harold at Cool Wave 928 855 5665

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
is Carey still the guy? My buddy called me to go check his last night, he works out of state and his aunt and grandma came to use his home, they couldn’t get it to kick on, I’m no a/c guy, but the outside unit (split system)would hum, “like drawing a lot of power” but nothing happening. Leaning my face over the top where the exhaust fan should be blowing, I could feel the heat coming out, I think his compressor is froze? I pulled the breaker, so it doesn’t catch fire. Last year I met a a/c guy there for another repair and he put a capacitor in it. The house was 98 inside, I brought his aunt and grandma to my place for the nite.
Yes Carey still does AC. I just texted him a few minutes ago and he got right back to me. 928 846-3018