WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A dear friend took their life this week.

rrrr

Reaction score
To the OP, my deepest condolences. Family and friends navigating the horror of suicide have burdens that are impossible to understand.

The 2017 suicide of my beautiful, intelligent, and loving nephew Andrew at the age of 16 was one of the most shocking events I have experienced.

The pain, the questions, the sorrow, and a range of emotions that almost overwhelmed me were so intense I couldn't function for a couple of days. Through my pain, I considered that the burdens placed on my brother, sister-in-law, and Andrew's brother must have been unimaginable.

Almost four years have gone by, and there is still the sudden appearance of pain and sorrow that comes out of nowhere. It brings everything to a halt, and my mind demands that I relive the terrible events of that day.

I cannot fully express the nature of the feelings that threaten to overwhelm me in those moments. They are there, waiting to inflict their damage to my memory of the lost love of such a wonderful young man. It fucking hurts. Bad.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Sad situation. I’ve been in the thick of it and you just never know how painful it can be for some and how their filter or lack there of interprets the world. Peace and prayers for your friend and your strength to be supportive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk