WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A different kind of LAM thread!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is super exciting and some of you already are in the know, but I figured it was time to inform the masses since a lot of you live, work and know people that are going to be in our service areas!!

Towards the end of November last year I started to see a shift occurring in the mortgage / real estate market, so we started talking about investing in another business to hedge against the cyclical mortgage market. With our youngest starting kindergarten this fall, it felt like the perfect time to get into something that my wife could run, rather than having her go back work for someone else. We started talking about different ideas and researching franchises. I wanted a recession proof business that isn't consumer direct and something that I could use my current business network to leverage.

After a couple months of research we decided that a Water, Fire and Mold Remediation business was the perfect model for what we were trying to accomplish. We started the discovery process with All Dry in February and after a lot of meetings with them, pulled the trigger on our first territory in April. After that came the process of obtaining financing for the remaining costs of the project. Almost 4 months later, we finally closed on our SBA loan to fund the purchase of 3 additional territories, along with the working capital we needed to get up and running.

All Dry has been in the restoration business since 2014 and based in Florida. We are the 2nd Franchisee to open in Southern California (Orange County was the first).

We own almost all of Riverside County and even have some territory in SD County (Fallbrook). If you are not in our territory, but need help, please do not hesitate to call as we are able to work outside our coverage area (just can't market there). We hope to be in a position to purchase Corona and Riverside (city) territories by Q2 of 2023.

As part of this process, I got my WRT certification through IICRC and we are an IICRC certified firm. My lead technician is fully trained, amazing and ready to work!

I know that experiencing a water loss can be a traumatizing and I hope that it doesn't happen to any of you, but if it does please keep us in mind. We are also set up for Odor Neutralization and Commercial Sanitization as well.

Main Office Line: 951-554-2DRY
My Cell: 951-404-4155

20220804_183306.jpg

Resized952022080495091741.jpg

20220803_160325.jpg

Riverside-County-CA.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to see that you got everything sorted out and are moving forward to getting work. Best of luck to you in your new endeavor

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Very cool, we will keep you in mind if/when we need that service. Why the Az plate on the truck?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
And just so everyone knows, THIS IS MY WIFES BUSINESS!! Mortgages are still my full time gig!!

I am going to help get things up and running in the beginning, but will be hiring a business development manager in the next 30-60 days to take over all the organic marketing within my network. Jennifer handles all the day to day :cool::cool:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Very cool, we will keep you in mind if/when we need that service. Why the Az plate on the truck?
Bought in AZ from an RDP inmate so registered there in my name to not pay sales tax. Going to register in CA soon, just need to find some time to sit at the DMV.......

NicPaus

Reaction score
Has She been to the Flow Expo yet? Think it's March 11th for next year. Get a idea of what the competition is up to. It is a Plumbing expo but last time I went there was more restoration companies than the rest combined. There tactic was having a lot of good looking Ladies going up to each group asking who the Owner was. Then chatting it up with them and giving there business cards with the mention of each referral gets a $500-1000 cash referral fee.

I stopped by one booth to BS with the Guy. They had pictures of there 50 trucks, plane and semis. I asked how long there company was in business. He replied 4 years. I knew then it was a good business to get into. Hope you make lots of $$$.

I would be marketing all the local Plumbing supply houses in your area. Usually the Plumbers that get the first call. Also reach out to all the Insurance company's.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Has She been to the Flow Expo yet? Think it's March 11th for next year. Get a idea of what the competition is up to. It is a Plumbing expo but last time I went there was more restoration companies than the rest combined. There tactic was having a lot of good looking Ladies going up to each group asking who the Owner was. Then chatting it up with them and giving there business cards with the mention of each referral gets a $500-1000 cash referral fee.

I stopped by one booth to BS with the Guy. They had pictures of there 50 trucks, plane and semis. I asked how long there company was in business. He replied 4 years. I knew then it was a good business to get into. Hope you make lots of $$$.

I would be marketing all the local Plumbing supply houses in your area. Usually the Plumbers that get the first call. Also reach out to all the Insurance company's.
We just launched on 8/1 so haven't attended any trade shows yet, but definitely will be. I have my tech researching 20 plumbing companies today with store fronts and having him input them into our CRM. If we don't have any jobs on Monday, I am sending him out in the field to market to them. I have a pretty good strategy on how to attack the different people that we can get referrals from and obviously, through mortgage, I know a ton of insurance agents, realtors and property managers. I will be having a ton of meetings over the next couple weeks with my network to get things going. We are also spending quite a bit on paid leads and google ads. Already had a mold job yesterday from a paid lead.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Mortgages. Perhaps you know of Anthony Hsieh, founder and owner of Loan Depot? So Cal guy who loves boats. His fleet of Bad Company boats is amazing. Good guy. Provides lots of support for our Vets.

gqchris

Reaction score
One of our Senior VP”s at my work started a trucking business “in his wifes name”. He was gone a year later 😂

Good luck on the new venture. Mold scares the shit out of me.

Singleton

Reaction score
Congrats. Hopefully the boss does not make you answer the 2am customer calls

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Congrats.

How big of a job can you do? My landlord also owns the commercial building next to us that will need his 10k sq ft building complete clear of mold etc from and illegal pot grow.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Congrats.

How big of a job can you do? My landlord also owns the commercial building next to us that will need his 10k sq ft building complete clear of mold etc from and illegal pot grow.
We have quite a bit of equipment so could definitely handle some big work. I also have an account with Sunbelt Rentals if I need more dehumidifiers, scrubbers or airmovers. Best idea is to get a mold assessor out there to determine the extent of the damage and put together a protocol for us.

Give me a call.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We have quite a bit of equipment so could definitely handle some big work. I also have an account with Sunbelt Rentals if I need more dehumidifiers, scrubbers or airmovers. Best idea is to get a mold assessor out there to determine the extent of the damage and put together a protocol for us.

Give me a call.
That has been done and waiting for the report. The building is red tagged as the city is requiring it before anyone works in there.

I have to email him anyways on Monday. I’ll give him your contact info when I do.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'm so glad you posted this. I will definitely send consumers your way. Very smart hedging your bets on another company.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That has been done and waiting for the report. The building is red tagged as the city is requiring it before anyone works in there.

I have to email him anyways on Monday. I’ll give him your contact info when I do.
Thanks man, appreciate it. We also have a team in Orange County that can come over the hill and assist if needed. I will PM you my personal contact information.

rickym20

Reaction score
Good business venture, wish you guys success. Had a buddy quit our trade and do this in southern San Diego. Been very successful and I am sure with your connection you have , you guys will do well too.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congrats and good luck

I still think mold “remediation” means wearing a mask and bagging it.

And I wonder how many millions died before it became a thing like peanut allergies and gluten free 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Congrats Brother.

It's a crazy industry, but a very stable revenue stream, no matter what the econmy is doing there will always be floods and fires.. The best advice I can give you is familiarize your self with the asbestos regs and south coast AQMD, you do not not want to be the reason for what they call a P-5, you will need another SBA loan to pay the fine lol.

Hit me up if you have any questions, I do this work to along with the asbestos and other crazy stuff but there is 100% plenty of work for all of us. If you run into any asbestos issues give me a call and I can handle it for you.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Congrats Brother.

It's a crazy industry, but a very stable revenue stream, no matter what the econmy is doing there will always be floods and fires.. The best advice I can give you is familiarize your self with the asbestos regs and south coast AQMD, you do not not want to be the reason for what they call a P-5, you will need another SBA loan to pay the fine lol.

Hit me up if you have any questions, I do this work to along with the asbestos and other crazy stuff but there is 100% plenty of work for all of us. If you run into any asbestos issues give me a call and I can handle it for you.
Thanks Andrew, appreciate it man. I will hit you up once I have some air so we can chat about Asbestos. It is on my top 5 action items right now.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew, appreciate it man. I will hit you up once I have some air so we can chat about Asbestos. It is on my top 5 action items right now.
For sure man.

If you need anything otherwise feel free to reach out. I've been doing this type for a looong time so if you get caught up with anything I'll do my best to help where I can. Wish nothing but success for you.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Update time! We are rocking and rolling. Still have 1 tech and 1 van, but we are booking jobs everyday and the schedule is full. Getting to be almost a week out on mold jobs.

I am super involved in the day to day right now, more than I would like, but having fun and learning a crap ton.

It took me a little while to get my Business Development Manager hired, but we finally did and he started last Thursday.

Just got his car back from the wrap shop yesterday. Pics don't do it justice, this thing is so ridiculously loud, it is awesome!!

IMG_0207.jpg

20230209_174901.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Update time! We are rocking and rolling. Still have 1 tech and 1 van, but we are booking jobs everyday and the schedule is full. Getting to be almost a week out on mold jobs.

I am super involved in the day to day right now, more than I would like, but having fun and learning a crap ton.

It took me a little while to get my Business Development Manager hired, but we finally did and he started last Thursday.

Just got his car back from the wrap shop yesterday. Pics don't do it justice, this thing is so ridiculously loud, it is awesome!!

View attachment 1197862

View attachment 1197859

View attachment 1197860

Good stuff man. Keep it up.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Question for you; Why didn't you search for and buy and existing operation? Or did you and couldn't find one? One of my companies dabbles in this space, it can be a great business.

I have done both, start from scratch and buy existing operations. Buying existing hands down has been the better/easier/cheaper/faster roi path for us.

DLC

Reaction score
Bought in AZ from an RDP inmate so registered there in my name to not pay sales tax. Going to register in CA soon, just need to find some time to sit at the DMV.......

is there a benefit to Ca registration?

You could poss buy the vans in your name …. maybe lease the vans to the business? I see a lot of heavy trucks w/ out of state plates, and rental / lease work trucks….

no smog crap to deal with…. Think about this when you have 10 - 15 rigs…

Backlash

Reaction score
Congratulations Joe!! It's good to hear the business venture is doing well!!