WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A few pics of Coeur d' Alene Idaho............

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Me & my sis started out yesterday to do a picture tour of the lake,...........had to go back early, she jumped in the water with her cell phone we went back and tried the bag of rice dealio,.................didn't work ..................next time out I want to get some pics of some of the "shacks" on the water up here.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 764
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 705
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 703
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 709
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 736
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 735
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 735
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 741

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score
looks beautiful i need to visit there sometime.Is it pricey???

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
looks beautiful i need to visit there sometime.Is it pricey???

Depends on what you're looking for. There's a couple hotel/resorts on the Spokane river with docks & slips, plenty of hotels/motels around town.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I kept waiting to see pop's house.
Keep the pics coming. We tour the shore line every time up just to look a the houses. :thumbsup

Dads is just north of Carlin bay on the same side.

You have a pic of YOUR Dad's place ? we'll be on the water tomorrow, we'll cruise by an say Hi :D

Director...
Reaction score
Can you play ice hockey on that lake in the winter?....Beautiful!

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
For as big as this lake is there's really no what I'd call "day use area's", pretty much If ya don't "own" a place on the water, you just find a quiet cove an pull in, either drop anchor or just float. There are NO sandy beaches you can pull in on and just kick back. I tell all my kids up here we do a different kind of boating down south. We pack it all up an head out for the entire day,...................no shaded patio with a fireplace to hang, no "flush" toilests to use, NO refrigerator to put stuff in, NO big screen TV to run into the house to check races, golf or whatever, NO dock to tie up on etc., etc

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
This house is identical to his from this angle. Dads has grass on a couple levels leading to the water.

View attachment 65147

Dad contracted with an architect to build a custom home. After it was built the architect sold the plans to several people.

We know that place :D................we'll cruise by tomorrow. When YOU get up here, stop in at my Pop's ,............he'll have a cold one for ya :thumbsup

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Definitely a place that is on my bucket list. :thumbsup

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Can you play ice hockey on that lake in the winter?....Beautiful!

Sometimes it'll freeze over enough that you COULD drive a Jeep across it :eek: If you looka at the pic of the front of the resort, where these people are standing is just to the right of the entrance, at Tubb's Hill

Attachments

• CDA 08.jpg
    CDA 08.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

jake

Banned
Reaction score
Some more pics

Attachments

• DSCN2930.jpg
    DSCN2930.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN2931.jpg
    DSCN2931.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN2927.jpg
    DSCN2927.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 275

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I have been up there and it is AMAZING. Awesome golf course with floating green and driving range you hit out into the water. We spent some time on Lake Cor De Lane and stayed for a week on Hayden lake. Nothing better than having your own dock. Lots of good golf courses, its been a long time since I was there but I do remember seeing signs in peoples yards with white supremacy sayings on them...it was wierd.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I have been up there and it is AMAZING. Awesome golf course with floating green and driving range you hit out into the water. We spent some time on Lake Cor De Lane and stayed for a week on Hayden lake. Nothing better than having your own dock. Lots of good golf courses, its been a long time since I was there but I do remember seeing signs in peoples yards with white supremacy sayings on them...it was wierd.

In it's heyday, the VERY MOST "members" those asshats had was 8 maybe 10 full timers here in town. When they'd get thier parade permits, THEN they'd get more of the membership from all over the country,.........maybe another 15 or 20 :rolleyes:.............and FYI, they are no longer here :thumbsup ......the "compound" got burned down to the ground :D
Someday, I'll have to give the long version of "the day the skinheads got burned out" :cool: It's a good one, with pics :D

LhcBrad

Reaction score
That place will be our next vacation spot last month we did Oregon and maybe in another month it will be Idaho thanks for sharing the pics

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Those lakefront homes remind me of Lake Arrowhead. Very similar in many ways. Even the wide shots you posted remind me of how Arrowhead used to look when I was a kid, before the bark beetles, droughts, fires, smog (well, at least it was not as bad then:D), etc. Cool pics

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
That place will be our next vacation spot last month we did Oregon and maybe in another month it will be Idaho thanks for sharing the pics

Be SURE to let me know when you're coming up :thumbsup I'll most likely be here, If not, my Pop's will be more than glad to get you guy's dialed in :cool: Lots of "outta the way" places to see.

Tank

Reaction score
Great pics! Great area! My family has owned property on Lake Pend oreille (about 30 miles north) since the 80's. Best weather in the world between late June and early Sept. Any other time of the year, YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!:D
I've always wanted to drag the Cigarette up there but it's a long haul!

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Great pics! Great area! My family has owned property on Lake Pend oreille (about 30 miles north) since the 80's. Best weather in the world between late June and early Sept. Any other time of the year, YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!:D

We took my Mom up to lake 'Pond or ray" last sunday for a picnic/birthday party for some friends of ours, that is one HUGE , deep lake , the Navy still has the submarine testing base there. My Dad actualy went thru bootcamp there in 1942, never EVEN thinking someday he'd be living up here :D

riverratmike

Reaction score
Awesome pixs Denny. Nice talkin' to ya on the phone tongiht. Your pops place is very nice. Hope to visit there sometime. Keep the pictures coming. :thumbsup

Jetdriver

Reaction score
My uncle and aunt live in Coeur d' Alene. Such an awesome peace of land up there.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
We took my Mom up to lake 'Pond or ray" last sunday for a picnic/birthday party for some friends of ours, that is one HUGE , deep lake , the Navy still has the submarine testing base there. My Dad actualy went thru bootcamp there in 1942, never EVEN thinking someday he'd be living up here :D

Sub Testing in Idaho? :eek:

Appreciate the pics Skyskier. Beautiful place for sure.

Just out of curiousity what do lake front properties go for out there?

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Sub Testing in Idaho? :eek:

Appreciate the pics Skyskier. Beautiful place for sure.

Just out of curiousity what do lake front properties go for out there?

My dad bought his place 21 years ago, paid 140K for the house itself, and over the years he's bought "lots" behind and on both sides. You have to look very carefully to find anything that is as "useable" as what he has. The majority of the "lakefront" homes now are actualy built on the sides of sloping hilly areas that while they ARE "lakefront", you might have to park your vehicles above and walk "down" to the house, and then you have to walk "down" to the water from the house. There are more & more "developments" that are being built on the other side of the shoreline road that include a "dock" option, some of the docks themselves go for upwards of $70 K alone. We're going out to the lakehouse today, I'll try an get some more pics to show the diversity of some of the places.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Ouch.

Thanks Skyskier. Just curious as to compare to the housing in Havasu etc.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Ouch.

Thanks Skyskier. Just curious as to compare to the housing in Havasu etc.

you're welcome Lue :thumbsup If you ever find yourself up here, by all means , let me know, my Pop's is VERY accustomed to answering the phone and hearing:, hello, this is so & so an I'm a friend of Denny's an he said if we ever got up here,.........................:blah::blah::blah: :D:thumbsup In all honesty, I really believe that this lake living is what keeps the old guy going , he's ALWAYS up for takin new peeps out on a "tour"

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
you're welcome Lue :thumbsup If you ever find yourself up here, by all means , let me know, my Pop's is VERY accustomed to answering the phone and hearing:, hello, this is so & so an I'm a friend of Denny's an he said if we ever got up here,.........................:blah::blah::blah: :D:thumbsup In all honesty, I really believe that this lake living is what keeps the old guy going , he's ALWAYS up for takin new peeps out on a "tour"

Very cool. Thank you. :thumbsup

Tube Sock

Reaction score
The place looks awesome! What are the months when you can get your gills wet? Also, for those months what are the air and water temps?

Thx

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
The place looks awesome! What are the months when you can get your gills wet? Also, for those months what are the air and water temps?

Thx

I've been coming up here for 21 years now, every year "The Season" seems to start earlier and run longer than the previous. We were on the water all day yesterday, air temp, 99 degrees, water was in the high 70's ( Im guessing) :cool:..............We were skiing in late May, with a wetsuit :D, last year we skied until Labor day.

jake

Banned
Reaction score

I took my boat to MT a couple of years ago without checking local boating rules first and was disapointed. A number of lakes have restrictions with reguard to sound and speed etc. In addition, Many lakes have large logs floating in the lake and are sometimes hard to see and would be disasterous to hit at speed. Check lake rules before you consider taking your boat and if you go be very carful.

Tank

Reaction score

It is a large lake and some crazy big houses? I especially like the German Govnt's rock castle that sits on a point. Has its own mini marina to the front of it. Never knew about the sub testing....Interesting.

Jake, yea, I hear they're a little tough on speed and noise when you get close to town. But again, the lake is huge. THere's a few big boats (cats) that run that lake.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Somebody made a pass by yesterday, in about a 36 ft. "skater" type,........running a big turbine or jet engine :eek: he musta been doing 90 :cool:............My nephews tell me John Elway has a badassss "big boat" he runs up here. There's a 50 mph speed limit on the lake:skull, they don't even bother to "chase" him down, they just mail him the speeding tickets :D.............

Tank

Reaction score
Somebody made a pass by yesterday, in about a 36 ft. "skater" type,........running a big turbine or jet engine :eek: he musta been doing 90 :cool:............My nephews tell me John Elway has a badassss "big boat" he runs up here. There's a 50 mph speed limit on the lake:skull, they don't even bother to "chase" him down, they just mail him the speeding tickets :D.............

Ellway used to have a 46 cigarette Rough Ride "Amercian Muscle III". He sold it and had a custom 45(ish) foot wooden boat built that is f*ckin' INSANELY BAD AZZ!!! It was featured in Powerboat Mag. a while back. Sick. We partied a little with Ellway in Key West when he ran his cig down there a couple years back. Nice guy.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Place don't have nothing on lakeside 2.
A K A " Millionaire's Row "............................you still have your place up the street ?..............we'll be up next weekend,..........