WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A few things I found today

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
While out paddling Folsom today in my never-ending search for the downed plane I came across a few cool things. Most of the things I took pictures of should be covered in 100-110' of water.:yikes There's a good chance with the new dam being built this stuff will never surface again so I try to take as many pictures as I can when I'm out there.

Later's boat....

IMG_6546.jpg

IMG_6547.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

The batteries on the boat were still hooked up and I swear to god it sounded like this thing was making a clicking noise.:yikes I tried to video it but it was such a faint noise that it didn't come out on the video.

IMG_6553.jpg

This is the second well that I have found out there. I'm guessing it's pretty deep because I threw a large rock in it and I could hear it bouncing off the walls for a good 4 seconds followed by a bunch of bubbles after about 10 seconds.

IMG_6527.jpg

An old little bridge with what looks like a road.

IMG_6543.jpg

A punch top 7 ounce Coors can. After a quick Google search it looks to be from the late 50's early 60's....I wish I would of brought it home.

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6558.jpg

A divers kit. I guess they weren't that good at diving. ;)

IMG_6539.jpg

I took this picture to show how expansive the soil is. I put my foot in the pic so you could see how big the cracks are.

IMG_6537.jpg

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Great photos. Pretty cool to see. When the lake is full how many miles is the shoreline?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
where on the lake was that boat? how far is the water away from the bridge?

last time I was there Mormon island was a few feet under water.( which is low level to start out with.)

edit just checked the water level its in the 350's you can't launch bellow 369'

that suck =(

GRADS

Reaction score
I've been using a pretty cool satellite picture website to find a lot of stuff. It's super current and much clearer than Google maps. http://maps.us.nearmap.com

boat well.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 6.32.19 PM.jpg

And here's a couple more pictures using the same website. The picture on the left The water level is already down 45' and would be considered low in a normal year. Normally that peninsula in the center is under water when it is full. The picture on the right shows the lake from last month with water level down over 100'

CQLL4jYUAAABmMz.jpg

Yellowboat

Reaction score
=(

that makes me sad. I wonder what level the san juan water districts intakes are. ( for those that don't know they supply a large chunk of the greater sacramento areas water 1 mil + people, they sell water to ch, fo city of rosevile and folsom water.)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Other than the drought. Is there another reason why this lake is where it is as far as water level goes. Does it get used for other resources ?

There are other lakes in Cali that have water right ?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I drove past Shasta earlier this month, its way low too.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
They flood the delta with that water

its for the fish :p

Other than the drought. Is there another reason why this lake is where it is as far as water level goes. Does it get used for other resources ?

There are other lakes in Cali that have water right ?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Great thread Grads! Please continue to post your discoveries. It would be kickass to explore that weekly. [emoji106]

Sbarry

Reaction score
GRADS... Very cool post. Sucks about the water level but this is pretty awesome. After El Ni?o, you may never get to see this again in our life time.

You gotta find the plane.

GRADS

Reaction score
Downed plane you say?

Two planes collided in 1965. One landed safely, the other one is in Folsom somewhere, supposedly with the people still in it. They tried sonar a couple years ago but had a tough time dragging it because they said there are 50-60' tall trees still standing down there.

If it can be found I will find it.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
a lil tidbit about that plane.. I met the niece of one of the persons that went down in that plane. she said the family is making arrangements to look for it again. bodies never recovered. the family has spent alot of money looking already and hopes to start again in November she said. idk if she was full of shit or not but she sounded pretty legit. she was from norcal and we were talking about lake levels and the river and she just went straight into the story.

C-2

Reaction score
Very cool, great post :thumbup:

spectracular

Reaction score
Two planes collided in 1965. One landed safely, the other one is in Folsom somewhere, supposedly with the people still in it. They tried sonar a couple years ago but had a tough time dragging it because they said there are 50-60' tall trees still standing down there.

If it can be found I will find it.

Can you paddle around with a big hook tied to you?

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Amazing pics Grads. I spent lots of summers sitting in traffic going to Folsom Lake in the mid to late 80's. When I was 16 I had a 19 YO girlfriend that lived in Folsom Lake Estates, 17 YO I had a girlfriend that stayed with her dad on weekends, he lived in Shingle Springs. He was the service writer at a huge dealer in Folsom. Spent many days riding around with my buddy with his Baja bug bouncing around that shoreline, it would get stuck and me and some random guy would pick it up and toss it out of the hole.

I'm surprised CA is not hogging that bitch out while the water is low. There are so many sandbars, tree stumps etc in it, now would be the perfect time to dredge it out and increase volume.

I have lots of memories that took place on that lake, sex with girlfriends, ex girlfriends finding me with new girlfriends and ensuing cat fights, hanging out with great friends, being T-boned by a dumbass jet skier in a brand new Carrera jet bote that we had out for a PDI...

GRADS

Reaction score
a lil tidbit about that plane.. I met the niece of one of the persons that went down in that plane. she said the family is making arrangements to look for it again. bodies never recovered. the family has spent alot of money looking already and hopes to start again in November she said. idk if she was full of shit or not but she sounded pretty legit. she was from norcal and we were talking about lake levels and the river and she just went straight into the story.

I'm sure it's legit. I was wondering why they haven't started searching yet.

GRADS

Reaction score
I spent lots of summers sitting in traffic going to Folsom Lake in the mid to late 80's. When I was 16 I had a 19 YO girlfriend that lived in Folsom Lake Estates, 17 YO I had a girlfriend that stayed with her dad on weekends, he lived in Shingle Springs. He was the service writer at a huge dealer in Folsom.

Who was your girlfriend in Folsom Lake Estates??? I lived there during the 80's. I bet I know her.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's legit. I was wondering why they haven't started searching yet.
she said they tried off and on since the accident. 50 yrs and a lot of money has been spent. she said they have to get permission from multiple entities and getting them on board at the same time is difficult. they have been raising money for a few years and have been hitting it hard this year with the record low levels. she also said the main ones that have been looking are in their 70s and 80s now and that's a whole different problem.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
While out paddling Folsom today in my never-ending search for the downed plane I came across a few cool things. Most of the things I took pictures of should be covered in 100-110' of water.:yikes There's a good chance with the new dam being built this stuff will never surface again so I try to take as many pictures as I can when I'm out there.

Later's boat....

View attachment 442291

View attachment 442292

View attachment 442293

The batteries on the boat were still hooked up and I swear to god it sounded like this thing was making a clicking noise.:yikes I tried to video it but it was such a faint noise that it didn't come out on the video.

View attachment 442294

This is the second well that I have found out there. I'm guessing it's pretty deep because I threw a large rock in it and I could hear it bouncing off the walls for a good 4 seconds followed by a bunch of bubbles after about 10 seconds.

View attachment 442286

An old little bridge with what looks like a road.

View attachment 442290

A punch top 7 ounce Coors can. After a quick Google search it looks to be from the late 50's early 60's....I wish I would of brought it home.

View attachment 442296

A divers kit. I guess they weren't that good at diving. ;)

I took this picture to show how expansive the soil is. I put my foot in the pic so you could see how big the cracks are.

What downed plane is it that you are looking for? A friend of mine lost a Lake Buckaneer in Fulsom about 20+ years ago. Hit a log and tore the bottom out of it on landing. All got out OK, with recoverable injuries. Never did find a trace of the plane.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Her last name was Cortijio (sp?) Hardcore Catholic family, lived in a cul-de-sac on the left when you entered the track, her brother was a weird dude that drove a mid 70's yellow Chrysler / Japanese wedge shaped shitbox.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Man I hope you don't know her, she didn't take breaking up well. I'm not looking forward to airing shit that would hurt her today, back in the day I didn't give a shit because of what was at next up. She was mentally fragile....I'll leave it at that.

GRADS

Reaction score
Her last name was Cortijio (sp?) Hardcore Catholic family, lived in a cul-de-sac on the left when you entered the track, her brother was a weird dude that drove a mid 70's yellow Chrysler / Japanese wedge shaped shitbox.

Ha! Yep, I lived right down the street. I was her brother Richard's age. He was weird then....went to my 20 year renuion and he was all ripped and actually pretty cool. I'm Facebook friends with him and he is as openly :gayfight as they come.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Ha! Yep, I lived right down the street. I was her brother Richard's age. He was weird then....went to my 20 year renuion and he was all ripped and actually pretty cool. I'm Facebook friends with him and he is as openly :gayfight as they come.

I don't remember the brothers name, but don't doubt he turned out much different after leaving home. That was a dysfunctional family, and I came from a hardcore dysfunctional family but we didn't have the religious factor, just other stuff. Her name was Brandi....her parents gave her the master bedroom on the first floor because she was their " princess"....nothing like ...never mind.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
How about 'GPS mapping' and then printing up maps and selling them when the water comes back up ?

GRADS

Reaction score
How about 'GPS mapping' and then printing up maps and selling them when the water comes back up ?

I have been dropping pins on my Maps program on my phone every time I find something cool. I had a few people on Facebook tonight ask me how to get there but unless they have an SUP or kayak or they are a real good swimmer they'll never make it there.

NicPaus

Reaction score
With it being that low what is the current deepest Point? Can you paddle board across the whole lake the foot print is so small now? I hope you find that plane, before El Nino hits and fills your lake back up.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
lakepiru.gif
Later and his boyfriend says " BIG HUG AND KISSES TO GRADS" for finding his boat.:gayfight:moon:

IMG_6546.jpg :thumbup::thumbup:
He will need a hand to get it detailed please send money.:yikes:D

IMG_6539.jpg
He is also so happy he wet his rubber diaper that you found his Scuba Steve doll's, underwater gear.:D

GRADS

Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone surprised there is not MORE stuff littered around?

Thanks for sharing, the pics are awesome.

I'd have thought the same...I am guessing that it is buried in all the silt/mud

Oh trust me, there's a lot more out there. There was the one time I found what I thought was a bomb but it turned out to be a military grade white phosphorous flare. Police, Rangers, bomb dogs and eventually the military got called in. When I told them I paddled with it on my board for 2 1/2 miles they looked at me like I was an idiot.

IMG_7665.jpg

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7681.jpg

IMG_7684.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7692.jpg

GRADS

Reaction score
I've also founds lots of other stuff from countless pairs of sunglasses, old bottles, a propeller, a gold mine, old buildings, wells, old property markers from 1949 and the list goes on....There's bottles and cans every where....kind of sad.

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

IMG_8044.jpg

IMG_8796.jpg

IMG_8792.jpg

IMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8883.jpg

IMG_9161.jpg

IMG_8267.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

GRADS

Reaction score
Post the video of you getting to close to the damn dam [emoji2]

Here's the one where I "drifted" a little to close and they let me know. You need to turn it up to hear it.

[video=youtube;FKDk63LuRdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKDk63LuRdk[/video]

And here's the one where they hit me with the LRAD. I suggest you turn the volume down on this one. :yikes

[video=youtube;dXMVWjtslxk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMVWjtslxk[/video]

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Here's the one where I "drifted" a little to close and they let me know. You need to turn it up to hear it.

[video=youtube;FKDk63LuRdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKDk63LuRdk[/video]

And here's the one where they hit me with the LRAD. I suggest you turn the volume down on this one. :yikes

[video=youtube;dXMVWjtslxk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMVWjtslxk[/video]

That's awesome [emoji2][emoji106]

JRider

Reaction score
So, did you grab the survey pins? lol

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I can't count the number of glasses I have seen hit the bottom while on folsom. Lost 2 pair myself. The last thing I lost was a anchor, the gf threw it over the side with out hooking the rope to the chain. She made up for it... lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I can't count the number of glasses I have seen hit the bottom while on folsom. Lost 2 pair myself. The last thing I lost was a anchor, the gf threw it over the side with out hooking the rope to the chain. She made up for it... lol

Right after you release the anchor you say to yourself.. "Something is not right here.."

Trash

Reaction score
Is that a High 5 prop? What size is it? (no it's not mine...just curious).