WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A few things I found today

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
I just checked and the lake is 30' lower right now than it was this time of year when I did all this exploring.:eek: I'm guessing it will hit the lowest levels we've ever seen since it was built in 1955.
Grads, just found this thread and read the whole thing. Never saw it in '15. You gotta find it this year man, I love finding long lost junk! Good luck...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just checked and the lake is 30' lower right now than it was this time of year when I did all this exploring.:eek: I'm guessing it will hit the lowest levels we've ever seen since it was built in 1955.

Are you there yet?

Take the drone this time. 👍

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumblings that someone may have found the plane. I don't know how because the lake level is 45' higher than when Mark and I searched.

GRADS

Reaction score
It looks like a company called Seafloor was checking their equipment out at Folsom and found the plane in 160' of water.:eek: The lake is already down 70', I would have never found it on my own. Happy the family is getting closure.

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
IMG_7533.jpg

GRADS

Reaction score
Is it roughly where you thought it might be?
I'm not sure if they will disclose the location out of respect for the families since the people are still in it. But they said it is still in 160' of water so there is really only one area it can be in. And yes, that is the general area we were looking in.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Whatever they are using to scan with looks amazing

GRADS

Reaction score
If you watch the video in the link they sent something down to take pictures of the plane and they said it is mostly intact. Pretty amazing since it's been sitting in 200' of water on average for 56 years. So cool that it was found in my lifetime.✅

GRADS

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is even interested in this but this video sheds a lot more light on it and shows video of the plane underwater. It turns out Mark and I might have been searching miles away from where it was and it was right underneath where I paddle boarded the most.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I somehow missed this thread completely. Either I never noticed it or I stayed away from it because I assumed it was full of a bunch of drama. I ended up reading through the whole thread this weekend and I'm glad that I did. Happy to see that there is some closure at the end of it.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Seafloor went back out with Placer County and El Dorado County Law Enforcement to further examine the wreckage found.

As it turns out, the wreckage found Is Not from the 1965 crash. This plane found is from a 1986 crash with no fatalities.

I had know idea a plane crashed in 1986. I lived right there at the time.

Sent Using Tapatalk

azsunfun

Reaction score
It looks like a company called Seafloor was checking their equipment out at Folsom and found the plane in 160' of water.:eek: The lake is already down 70', I would have never found it on my own. Happy the family is getting closure.
from what i understand, local officials not helping in verifying, or recovery, if so im'e sd for the family that has spent alot on their own:(

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
It's a good thread, read it if you haven't yet
It is a good thread. Always interesting. With this super end of the world drought we are having I'm wondering how that lake looks as of today.

4Waters

Reaction score
It is a good thread. Always interesting. With this super end of the world drought we are having I'm wondering how that lake looks as of today.
I was kinda wondering the same