WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

a good garden hose

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on a decent garden hose that doesn't kink or get holes in it within 6 months?

rsvrdogs

Reaction score
I like the Zero G hoses. You can find the at Lowe’s or on line. The don’t kink. I’ve had two in Havasu for two years with no issues. You can get either 5/8 or 3/4

BRONCOBOY

Reaction score
I have non pressure regulated hose bib at my home and destroyed hoses in six to 8 months. Bought this and been no issues for two years, does not kink and kicks ass

Roll Over to Zoom
Craftsman 5/8 in. Dia. x 100 ft. L Premium Grade Black Rubber Hose

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
perpetual problem. the two zero-g's I had both gave way to leaks within a year. zero-g will only back up their warranty on the first one that fails.

I have had a kinkless continental braided with kevlar for about 6 years. 6 years is pretty good, i think, it is the best possible I believe, (though looks like Craftsman may have it beat)

but here's my gripes: it has developed a few teeny leaks near the outlet end, probably from being dropped onto the concrete. It is terribly stiff when the temps is lower than around 80 degrees, and the aluminum fittings always form electrochemically weld themselves to my copper spigots and nozzles so in the end they need to be dremeled/ground off or thrown away with the hose.

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Will look at the Craftsman Rubber Hose.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I got tired of hoses being pieces of shit about 5 years ago and set out on a mission to find one that was good.

I found that the Continental brand black hose with machined fittings is awesome, and the only one I've tried that doesn't start leaking at the fitting crimps, and actually seals nicely. I've had a pair for 5 years....I always forget to the turn the water off so they stay pressurized most of the time. We've got north of 90psi here most times and not a single drip out of the hoses in 5 years. I would recommend them.

dribble

Reaction score
The hose I’m using I bought at the concrete supply company about 20 years ago. Don’t buy what Lowe’s or HD call their commercial grade. They are junk with red rubber.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I have 3 Goodyear black rubber hoses at my house for over 8 years and no issues but I do hear that their new ones are a POS.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I got tired of hoses being pieces of shit about 5 years ago and set out on a mission to find one that was good.

I found that the Continental brand black hose with machined fittings is awesome, and the only one I've tried that doesn't start leaking at the fitting crimps, and actually seals nicely. I've had a pair for 5 years....I always forget to the turn the water off so they stay pressurized most of the time. We've got north of 90psi here most times and not a single drip out of the hoses in 5 years. I would recommend them.

This ^. I bought 4 Continental ContiTech commercial (Made in 🇺🇸 ) hoses and they are excellent quality. Not without kinks, but nothing that pisses you off. I think HD sells them. I bought from Amazon.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Seems the newer hoses are all junk. Tough finding a good one. I'm tired of spending $40-60 on a hose that kinks and the fittings blow off within 6-8 months.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I have non pressure regulated hose bib at my home and destroyed hoses in six to 8 months. Bought this and been no issues for two years, does not kink and kicks ass

Roll Over to Zoom

I have two of these at the Brewery. They don kink, and they don’t leak. Worth a couple extra bucks.

Icky

Reaction score
I never knew this was an issue, I have the black and yellow/green ones from lowes or homedepot.

Your ad here

Reaction score
The continental black hose is a good one. It doesn't kink. Biggest thing people struggle with is properly coiling the hose. About 100% people don't know how. They keep stacking the coils. You have to twist every other coil and go over and under.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I have the same ones and they kink all the time and have had to replace the nozzle fitting on a few of them after they blew off within a few weeks of buying them.

I never knew this was an issue, I have the black and yellow/green ones from lowes or homedepot.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I had a zero g hanging on porch in sun at river for 3+ years with no problem. Just looked they are over a 100 bucks now, be going back to the home depot special next hose.

Cdog

Reaction score
Costco. return/exchange when they shit the bed.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The red rubber ones from Thompsons building materials pricey. Cheap 100' Costco or Sam's $27.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Another vote for Craftsmen. I hear they have a cheaper version so make sure you get the rubber with the silver ends.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
My only complaint on the black Craftsman hose is it leaves black marks on anything it touches. When I bring the hose into the engine compartment of the Fountain I have to cover the side with a towel and hope it doesn't shift while I'm in there cleaning or I have to get the wax out to remove the black marks. It does kink but it's easy to undo, just twist the hose in the opposite direction of the kink.

95Enforcer

Reaction score
I have 12 year old craftsman hose at the river house and still works great. Ive been going to the flexzilla hoses at home from amazon lately and they have been great. Anything from a 3’ lead hose to 100’ hose.

jones performance

Reaction score
ive had the same garden hose since 2004. havasu sun is finally killing it. its a waterworks commercial deal if i recall correctly.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I need to replace two more at my house, but a buddy that uses his hose daily for a cement mixer etc told me to go buy this. I bought one in the 50’ and it’s awesome, I’ll be buying another 50’ as well the 100’ here in the next few days.
C2A3E438-7883-4D15-A451-76BA96473C7F.png

DWC

Reaction score
The black rubber hoses are by far the best quality and value, especially where it’s hot as hell. Only problem is around pools. Leaves black marks everywhere.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have one of these. Not this long though. Light as a feather and absolutely amazing.

You're welcome!

Found the shorter one...

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I have 2 of the Flexzilla hoses ( I bought their air hose years ago) Light, doesnt kink. The one in back yard sits in the sun each day for hours. It's at least 4 years old, no issue. Bought them at Tractor Supply

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm on the hunt for a craftsman rubber hose locally.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I know sometimes you need a conventional hose, but around the house, I haven't used anything but those expandable type for around ten years, so nice and lite and easy to drain and put away.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I dont have one but I’ll be getting the hose and reel for my shop.

HPBoats83

Reaction score
Look into brands like Kochek, it’s what the baseball guys use in the pros. You can find good quality hoses at places like Ewing, Site One Landscape, and Imperial Sprinkler - those kind of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nordie

Reaction score
I bought one from Lowes like 10 years ago, some doesn't kink expensive ass hose. No idea of the brand but it has been a great hose. It's a dark grey with a yellow stripe. I do remember that it has a lifetime warranty.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Look into brands like Kochek, it’s what the baseball guys use in the pros. You can find good quality hoses at places like HIGH TECH IRRIGATION, Ewing, Site One Landscape, and Imperial Sprinkler - those kind of places.

fixed.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Now what is the best nozzle for the hose?

69hondo

Reaction score
I have all my hose bibs plumbed before the regulator at my house because it makes using water that much better.LOL 😆 besides hose longevity . I have tried all the hoses and eventually they all succumb to the pressure. The longest lasting used to be the good year and or the craftsamn black rubber hoses but the downfall is they leave black marks.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Now what is the best nozzle for the hose?

I've had the best luck with this one for general purposes - it's cheap, and flows well, no frills, it does what you want it to do.

Edit:
If you want a good one for washing your car, this is a good one and won't scratch your car if you accidently hit it.

Last edited:

thetub

Reaction score
ive got couple of the craftsman hoses and its been great... going on 10 years or so dont know if there still made in the USA though ? older ones are

just a little hard first couple of times to roll back up but learned to let it sit in the sun for a while all rolled out...

Hoseman carries a similar hose they make at their places. if theres one around you...

Costcos are useless

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Not sure if the hose quality is the best... but using one of these had made dealing with hose much more enjoyable lol.

the Costco hoses suck after 1 month.

this thing is great and the auto retract makes it so much easier.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Now that this popped up again....let's talk about shitty spigot valves. They all suck it seems....not to mention most have a hole in them about about 1/3 the size it should be. I've replaced all mine with ball valves that have a big lever on the side. Full flow and they never drip or leak.

702sandman

Reaction score
The black craftsman by far has been the best...zero kinks and doesn’t get stiff in winter like all the others