WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A good steak!

4Waters

Reaction score
The whole A1 post in the "Shits happening fast" thread got me thinking, is there anyone that absolutely has to have something on their steak. I am good with just a good steak but one time when I was at Ruth's Chris the chef recommended to me to have blue cheese on my filet mignon. Holy shit, took it to the next level, I don'thave to have it everytime. What about you guys.

riverroyal

Reaction score
If you want to do it right try a good blue cheese that you crumble.

DLC

Reaction score
I have a Gorgonzola butter recipe it has roasted pine nuts and cream cheese and it’s just dam awesome!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
If I’m out at a steak restaurant, I usually order a filet. I’m really not a fan of much on it but a little A1 on the side. Some high places don’t have any type of bottled sauce but will have a béarnaise sauce or mushrooms, or even blue cheese crumbles. I’d prefer it plain or with A1 personally. Medium rare for me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I go hard on a steak house that has peppercorn crust. I don’t need a1 or ketchup on my steak. I kinda prefer it just coarse salt and cracked pepper. Not much else.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Just simply grilled with some decent rub and maybe some KC bbq sauce, depending on my mood...med-rare.
To me A1 is pungent 😝

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Smoked coarse salt, Garlic and pepper on the steak. I like blue cheese on the salad. I guess it balances out. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The whole A1 post in the "Shits happening fast" thread got me thinking, is there anyone that absolutely has to have something on their steak. I am good with just a good steak but one time when I was at Ruth's Chris the chef recommended to me to have blue cheese on my filet mignon. Holy shit, took it to the next level, I don'thave to have it everytime. What about you guys.

yeah.. someone recommended A1 when I was a kid. Never looked back!

HST4ME

Reaction score
Couple slices of provolone ain't bad either

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Some Jockos seasoning, and garlic butter about a minute before they are pulled. Medium rare

Last edited:

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Depends on the steak. Sometime nothing, sometimes a little A1, sometimes a little horseradish on the side. Its a Mooood thing.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What I think people are missing, is that if you love the taste of A1, you end up wanting to cook something just to put the A1 on it. Not the other way around. For the most part it’s about the A1, not about the steak. I put it on porkchops and burgers also.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What I think people are missing, is that if you love the taste of A1, you end up wanting to cook something just to put the A1 on it. Not the other way around. For the most part it’s about the A1, not about the steak. I put it on porkchops and burgers also.

I love A1. But not like you love A1.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

I'm just the opposite of RD, after my first taste of A1 I never wanted it on a steak again. So yeah, I'm one of those that really dislikes its taste and feels it ruins a good piece of meat.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My Ex(rip) worked at Jockos, my son knows the folks there quite well.

Sorry for you loss. It is a great place to get a steak however! I put their seasoning on everything.. vegetables, steaks, burgers, chicken, even hot dogs.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
A1 on anything other than a sirloin cut is sacrilegious.

Side note, if you mix A1 and sour cream it creates a rather lovely sauce.

jones performance

Reaction score
i make a sauce with a1, butter, and blue cheese seomtimes for my steak. mostly on my steaks its butter and blue cheese.

for grilled chicken i make a sauce with a1, butter and lemon juice

jones performance

Reaction score
i make a sauce with a1, butter, and blue cheese seomtimes for my steak. mostly on my steaks its butter and blue cheese.

for grilled chicken i make a sauce with a1, butter and lemon juice

IMG_1412.jpg

A bone in ribeye with blue cheese and butter

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
S&P is all for me!

If I end up with a crappy cut of meat, then I'll throw on the cheddar and green chile. But otherwise, S&P bud.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Watched this episode of The Chef Show last night on Netflix and my mouth was drooling when they were doing the steaks. Starts at about the 7:30 mark.

motormonkey

Reaction score
Yeh blue cheese rocks and garlic and butter is good also on fillet.
I never could get into A1 sauce on steak.

guest hs

Reaction score
Lee and Parons Steak sauce is the best if you kind find it and that’s not their worstishire sauce.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
If there is a New York with peppercorn on the menu, that's my go to. Mastros or Ruth Chris have them, hard to pass up.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Picka Peppa Sauce is unreal....

I do love A1, but mostly on sirloins, ribeyes I like just lightly seasoned with garlic salt and a tiny bit of lemon pepper.

A great home made bearnaise is unbelievable......

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Welp!!!! Just hit the news tonight......Resturants are take out only. Looks like Friday night date night is a bust. I am thinking that if the weather is good we are grilling the New York Strips I picked up at the market two days ago. Menu as of now.....Steak, asparagus and baked potatoes.