WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A Jobs / Classified section?

floatn turd

Reaction score
What's your opinion on asking Dave for a Jobs / Classified section?
(Or do we have one and I missed it?)

We have a lot of eyes n ears here on RDP and in many of different states as well.

Members may be able to offer insight or even a "heads up" on a newly listed job opening.

I'm currently looking for a new job and I'm sure others are as well.

It's tuff out there right now (IMO), depending on what your "skill set" is.

You never know where a good "job lead" will come from or take you.

What do you guys think, good idea or shit show waitng to happen?

FT

Warlock1

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea with potential disastrous consequences. One of the worst parts for a hiring manager is getting through the bullshit fake front that most interviewees put on. I'm a hard worker, I'm dependable, I'm honest, blah blah blah. Most people on this site has bared their soul or at least let the cat out of the bag enough for anybody hiring could make an educated guess as to whether they would fit in their organization or not. To me that's a definite win for sure.

On the flip side if it doesn't work out then the shit talking could get bad. Once would hope that if it doesn't work out then they just part ways and move on. I mean we are all adults here, right? ;)😁😂

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Well..... My vote would be add one.!! I would post in it... Currently looking to fill open positions and always have a hard time finding good people who want to show up for work? Good idea in my world.. (Shit shows are inevitable here..ha ha)

Taboma

Reaction score
Might start slow, but in time, I think it's got huge potential for us casual readers. Might I suggest " Around the Water Cooler" as an appropriate section title. 😂

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I would be game for it, we are constantly looking for entry level warehouse guys and some customer service folks. I might even take a gander in there to see whats available for my skillset.

Reactions: DWC

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
We are looking for an entry level position as well. All the resumes we are getting are people with masters degrees or starbucks baristas.... It would be nice to be able to post here. It would also be nice to look at what's out there.

You better have your shit together if your applying for a job on rdp.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I've been looking for a job in Havasu but the common sites like indeed/ziprecruiter don't have much. An inside source/listing would provide many opportunities for all.

I would move out of state as well (Havasu).
If I could fine something that would pay the bills.

Good luck man

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I would suggest the a job listing be posted, and then the comments turned off, otherwise I can see it turning into shit show...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I thought everyone here were business owners and self made millionaires
Well, maybe they are, and there would just be postings for help? You know, counting money, wiping down boats...boat ramp concierge...czar of rack storage 😂

Honestly, if the minimum gets bumped to 15, there will be a major "disturbance in the force". Not that a lot of people here are minimum wage people, but they may run a crew that is. Take half your labor away, and be expected to produce the same...lots of people may be looking at options.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I'd be up for it. I know there is no guaranty of getting a job from it but it will open up options and you may already know a bit about the person from their time on RDP or another inmate can refer you. It's a small world... Opening up a bit here may catch the attention of an employer you applied for.

702sandman

Reaction score
that would be great to add here, I’m looking for hvac techs in California right now , we picked up new areas of work for ATT from Bakersfield up to just south of San Fran and out the coast. If anyone in that area is looking for hvac work and has experience send them my way.

jones performance

Reaction score
I've been looking for a job in Havasu but the common sites like indeed/ziprecruiter don't have much. An inside source/listing would provide many opportunities for all.

same here.. been looking and applying for a 2 years at any job i think i could do. most of the time i get no response from the employer posting the ad. the jobs that do pop up in this town that pay well are typically already filled or they have someone earmarked for the position and they post it because they have to with no intention of hiring from outside. i also beleive i need to seriously dumb down my resume as i probably have more skills and experience then company is willing to pay for and figure i wouldnt stay if hired.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I agree, it could be a double edged sword.

But with all the working class people on here.
You never know where some good intel can take you.
I like the idea too. The only thing I would be concerned about; it might censor some people because the may want to utilizing it as a networking for employment. A lot of people on here are more open then they would be anywhere else.

But at the same time I don't think anyone on here wants to see a fellow inmate struggling to find a job.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
What's your opinion on asking Dave for a Jobs / Classified section?
(Or do we have one and I missed it?)

We have a lot of eyes n ears here on RDP and in many of different states as well.

Members may be able to offer insight or even a "heads up" on a newly listed job opening.

I'm currently looking for a new job and I'm sure others are as well.

It's tuff out there right now (IMO), depending on what your "skill set" is.

You never know where a good "job lead" will come from or take you.

What do you guys think, good idea or shit show waitng to happen?

FT
What industry?

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
same here.. been looking and applying for a 2 years at any job i think i could do. most of the time i get no response from the employer posting the ad. the jobs that do pop up in this town that pay well are typically already filled or they have someone earmarked for the position and they post it because they have to with no intention of hiring from outside. i also beleive i need to seriously dumb down my resume as i probably have more skills and experience then company is willing to pay for and figure i wouldnt stay if hired.
What industry?

jones performance

Reaction score
What industry?

industrial/manufacturing/distribution maintenance mainly. last role for 19 years entailed alot of different hats.. hazwaste and universal waste management, security protocols, IT systems and hardware, radiation compliance, sourcing, just to name a few.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We had a thread years ago that had what everyone did in it, and some people used it for networking between various businesses and yes even employment.

some thoughts come to mind on this..

From the standpoint of signing the fronts of checks and not the backs.. Would you want to hire an rdp member that spends a portion of his day fucking off on rdp?

From the standpoint of signing the backs of checks instead of the fronts... Would you want to work for someone that can instantly know if your on rdp at work?

Then you have the forum dynamics what happens when someone disagrees or talks a little shit to your newfound boss, do you get involved? Do you leave it alone?

or what happens when the employee is substandard or is going to get fired how does that play out? Is now the guy that gave him a job opportunity at threat? Does the ex-employee go online and talk negatively about the company etc?

I am a forever optimist and I would like to think that it would all be rainbows, money and unicorns.. but then the realist sets in and I can’t help but wonder “what happens if it doesn’t work out?”

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What if the thread could be set up like an old bulletin board? Like a wall...old school. Just the job offered, or employment needed, with no screen name attached? Maybe a link to where the job is posted, one other than tied to RDP? More of a lead generator than an employment service. If someone really wants a job, or needs to fill a position, adding a step or two is not an obstacle.

I get what RD's saying. The dynamics involved are a bit goofy. Unfortunately, times may get a bit goofy as well.

batterup

Reaction score
I agree that a bulletin type board would be useful. Not necessarily to hire members, but rather their friends or family that might be looking. I've been looking for commercial insurance producers/trainees and support staff with no luck. I'm getting ready to hire a recruiter.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
industrial/manufacturing/distribution maintenance mainly. last role for 19 years entailed alot of different hats.. hazwaste and universal waste management, security protocols, IT systems and hardware, radiation compliance, sourcing, just to name a few.
As far as Hazwaste. How much experience do you have? I have a large background in that industry. Might have some contacts for you.

What area are you in?

jetur

Reaction score
Well, maybe they are, and there would just be postings for help? You know, counting money, wiping down boats...boat ramp concierge...czar of rack storage 😂

Honestly, if the minimum gets bumped to 15, there will be a major "disturbance in the force". Not that a lot of people here are minimum wage people, but they may run a crew that is. Take half your labor away, and be expected to produce the same...lots of people may be looking at options.
A quick tidbit about the minimum wage. No one at our company has ever made min wage, but everytime it goes up it kills my pocketbook. We do construction, so an entry level guy makes on average a couple dollars more an hour than min wage. Otherwise that same entry level guy goes and gets a job at McDonalds in the AC. So once, the min wage goes up its a domino affect (with the higher level employees) all the way to the top. Figure $2 more per hour x 50 guys all year. Thats an extra $208,000 per year that I have to shit, or try and raise prices.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
A quick tidbit about the minimum wage. No one at our company has ever made min wage, but everytime it goes up it kills my pocketbook. We do construction, so an entry level guy makes on average a couple dollars more an hour than min wage. Otherwise that same entry level guy goes and gets a job at McDonalds in the AC. So once, the min wage goes up its a domino affect (with the higher level employees) all the way to the top. Figure $2 more per hour x 50 guys all year. Thats an extra $208,000 per year that I have to shit, or try and raise prices.

Yes but think of it this way. In the long run you’re still gonna make money. You don’t want to become a training facility for other contractors and employers. How much does it cost to train a skilled worker to do the work you want him to? Everyone needs to make a decent amount of money to live and be content. Otherwise they will leave for an extra dollar or two. Is that worth the risk?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We had a thread years ago that had what everyone did in it, and some people used it for networking between various businesses and yes even employment.

some thoughts come to mind on this..

From the standpoint of signing the fronts of checks and not the backs.. Would you want to hire an rdp member that spends a portion of his day fucking off on rdp?

From the standpoint of signing the backs of checks instead of the fronts... Would you want to work for someone that can instantly know if your on rdp at work?

Then you have the forum dynamics what happens when someone disagrees or talks a little shit to your newfound boss, do you get involved? Do you leave it alone?

or what happens when the employee is substandard or is going to get fired how does that play out? Is now the guy that gave him a job opportunity at threat? Does the ex-employee go online and talk negatively about the company etc?

I am a forever optimist and I would like to think that it would all be rainbows, money and unicorns.. but then the realist sets in and I can’t help but wonder “what happens if it doesn’t work out?”

Sounds like this forum is full of a bunch of little bitches. Work when your at work and you have nothing to worry about. If you get fired take it on the chin like Kamala, got to give a little to get anywhere lol

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Make floatn Turd the mod and see how it goes.

Be an optimist dave.
That is what you are right?

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Sounds like this forum is full of a bunch of little bitches. Work when your at work and you have nothing to worry about. If you get fired take it on the chin like Kamala, got to give a little to get anywhere lol

Scandalous instigating cowards too. Oh shit, wrong thread. 😬

77charger

Reaction score
Seen job forum on a couple other boards I go on. Seems to work fine I think why not try it here.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Great idea.

I'm not sure who posted it, but a few years ago someone posted up a need for help. I passed it along to a buddy of mine and Alfredo applied and has been working as some sort of surveyor. Its really got him back on track and he's been doing great since. Super helpful and I just wanted to say thank you.

120027660_10224789481270276_4068391822873693728_o.jpg

64246614_10219794642882438_8883462586973028352_n.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I wasn’t going to bring it up, but I know a guy that was in the marine business. There was a relatively new poster here that wanted a job so the guy hired him.

It didn’t work out for whatever reason.. I was on fb and saw some guy bashing the shit out of the boat company, so I asked “what is the deal with that?” My buddy said “that’s the fucking guy I hired off your forum.” (Somehow I kinda got blamed for this shit) To which started the conversation “I didn’t know you hired someone etc”. (Start at top of post)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yep, it works that way in a lot of businesses. With the mechanics out here, same deal. Minimum bumps up, and helpers want to make more because they can be busboys or such. Truth is, a lot of the youngsters aren't worth more until they learn something. The "man" saying everyone is worth a minimum of X, is proof that they have never payed with their own money.. just yours.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I agree, it could be a double edged sword.

But with all the working class people on here.
You never know where some good intel can take you.
What’s your job experience ? We are looking for travel superintendents

nowski

Reaction score
Great idea for a jobs classified section!!!

I'll send my resume out but not till after boating season...

Hammer

Reaction score
that would be great to add here, I’m looking for hvac techs in California right now , we picked up new areas of work for ATT from Bakersfield up to just south of San Fran and out the coast. If anyone in that area is looking for hvac work and has experience send them my way.

How big of a company are you? Do you ever sub the work out that is too far for a service call? Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Why recommend someone or give them a lead if they are just gonna bitch out and not follow through? Newsflash ya fags...you ain't gonna get the all perks and bennies and pay from day one. Gotta do work son. 😂😂😂

floatn turd

Reaction score
Regarding the classified section.

I envision it being used more as a "tip line" rather than a direct hire type of thing.

But just thought in this tuff job market maybe it might help someone.

I do see the potential for a shit show.

FT

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea and we are frequently hiring people using indeed and monster as an employer seeking candidates.

RDP Inmate Boss: posts new thread titled [Get back to work Joe]
RDP inmate Employee = Joe.

702sandman

Reaction score
How big of a company are you? Do you ever sub the work out that is too far for a service call? Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m located in Las Vegas, I was actually thinking about that possibility, maybe partnering up with a company from that area.