WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

a little birthday steak

sintax

Reaction score
a birthday steak was requested, this is what I came up with. It came out awesome, and was super delicate, way more delicate than your average filet, which is saying a lot for a ribeye. This was my first experience cooking a $70 cut of meat. It certainly requires attention and some planning.

IMG_8729.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I had just watched a video last week on that particular cut of meet. Way out of my budget :)

DLC

Reaction score
That looks D-lish!!!!

some hot French bread w/ butter and a baked potato with sour cream and black pepper......

yum

sintax

Reaction score
I had just watched a video last week on that particular cut of meet. Way out of my budget :)

So i'm going to be totally honest with you, this was like a 1.5 lb steak, and I have typically be able to destroy a 16-18oz rib eye without much issue. This steak was just too rich to do that. I prob had over half of it, but it was just too much richness to eat the whole thing. This is the kind of thing you do as share plate, with some veggies, not a sit down and kill it all.

price wise, yea not cheap, but it would have been a $150-200 steak in a restaurant. I'll spend 4min per side in a cast iron to save $125 :)