WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A little introduction...

corey331

Reaction score
Newb from the Midwest here. My name is Corey and I live in Dayton, Ohio but do all my boating on Lake Cumberland in the great state of Kentucky! I currently have a 98 Checkmate 253 Convinsor. It has the stock 454 in it for now, but I'm working on that. Picked up some lightning headers and a M1SC Procharger for it. So it should be running a little better before too long. I'm also looking at a small tunnel hull as we speak, and that's one of the reasons I joined here, hoping to find out some info on it, so I'll start a new thread in the tech section. I have been trolling around the site for a week or so, and so far, I'm really impressed!! Probably the best boating site I am on. I'll post up some pics of my toys later.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus and enjoy the ride

Watch out for this thread jackers and the "WE" team. :)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Welcome , played in L C as kid in Summerset/ Nancy :cool

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, Corey. :thumbup:

What small tunnel? Are you talking about a 20' outboard?

Milkmoney asked me to do my best to recruit you for the "WE" team but I told him it's a bit early for something so severe as that.

charlyox

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Corey. My wife is near Dayton working in Miamisburg.

corey331

Reaction score
Welcome, Corey. :thumbup:

What small tunnel? Are you talking about a 20' outboard?

Milkmoney asked me to do my best to recruit you for the "WE" team but I told him it's a bit early for something so severe as that.

Thanks for the welcomes guys!!! (And gal).

This is the small tunnel that caught my eye. Sorry, not an outboard.

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/boa/4426307555.html

I made a post in the "Jet" section on here asking about it. I have never owned a jet boat, or heard of the Firehawk name. So just looking for some advice on it. Thanks again!!

waterhorse

Reaction score
Ahoy Corey.
Get some pics of the cool interstellar alien stuff at the base.:thumbsup

Finally made it

Reaction score
Newb from the Midwest here. My name is Corey and I live in Dayton, Ohio but do all my boating on Lake Cumberland in the great state of Kentucky! I currently have a 98 Checkmate 253 Convinsor. It has the stock 454 in it for now, but I'm working on that. Picked up some lightning headers and a M1SC Procharger for it. So it should be running a little better before too long. I'm also looking at a small tunnel hull as we speak, and that's one of the reasons I joined here, hoping to find out some info on it, so I'll start a new thread in the tech section. I have been trolling around the site for a week or so, and so far, I'm really impressed!! Probably the best boating site I am on. I'll post up some pics of my toys later.

Welcome.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Welcome! What prop you runnin?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes guys!!! (And gal).

This is the small tunnel that caught my eye. Sorry, not an outboard.

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/boa/4426307555.html

I made a post in the "Jet" section on here asking about it. I have never owned a jet boat, or heard of the Firehawk name. So just looking for some advice on it. Thanks again!!

Corey unfortunately our jet section is very slow.. (Well so are a lot of our tech sections). People seem to socialize and ask questions here in the lounge as opposed to goto those sections. If any questions you have dknt get answered ask them in here and they will be quick like.

Don't know muh about fire hawks other then they used to build a talon / AO / etc style 26 cat..

Director...
Reaction score
Welcome Corey... do you know your inmate #..?

corey331

Reaction score
Corey unfortunately our jet section is very slow.. (Well so are a lot of our tech sections). People seem to socialize and ask questions here in the lounge as opposed to goto those sections. If any questions you have dknt get answered ask them in here and they will be quick like.

Don't know muh about fire hawks other then they used to build a talon / AO / etc style 26 cat..

Actually I got a lot of really good info in the tech section. But after talking to the guy, I think I am going to wait on another boat. It was just way to under powered for me. Since I'll be getting rid of a pretty well built Buick Grand National to get it, I don't want to settle for the first thing that comes along. Also, I am in the middle of an engine build for my Checkmate so I don't want two engine build going on at once.

corey331

Reaction score
Oh boy.... well while I wait for the shit to hit the fan, I'll share some of my toys with ya.....

Here is my first boat. Named her "Feelin' Nauti". I t was a 1988 Checkmate Starflite that I did a complete restoration on. I loved it, but a growing family, and a want to go bigger made me sell it.

DSC_1038-M.jpg

Here is my current boat. Named it "Feelin' Nauti-er". Its a 98 Checkmate 253. i have done a ton of work to her too.

cropped-M.jpg

My two new deckhands, my identical twin daughters (a big reason the first boat was sold)

securedownload-M.jpg

My two toys with wheels. The 67 Chevelle was my first car I bought when I was 15. Still have it today. The other is my Grand National. Its had quite a bit of work done to it. It should be in the 10's this year with the upgrades I did over winter.

photo (2).JPG
IMG_0373-M.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Oh boy.... well while I wait for the shit to hit the fan, I'll share some of my toys with ya.....

Here is my first boat. Named her "Feelin' Nauti". I t was a 1988 Checkmate Starflite that I did a complete restoration on. I loved it, but a growing family, and a want to go bigger made me sell it.

View attachment 333447

Here is my current boat. Named it "Feelin' Nauti-er". Its a 98 Checkmate 253. i have done a ton of work to her too.

View attachment 333446

My two new deckhands, my identical twin daughters (a big reason the first boat was sold)

View attachment 333448

My two toys with wheels. The 67 Chevelle was my first car I bought when I was 15. Still have it today. The other is my Grand National. Its had quite a bit of work done to it. It should be in the 10's this year with the upgrades I did over winter.

View attachment 333449
View attachment 333450

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Welcome! The CL ad that you posted showed a 366 tall deck BBC......wtf, over? Never heard of a BBC with such small cubic inches....destroked the hell out of it or what?

Nice pair of girls and cars....welcome.

CC

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Love the Checkmates and I've never seen steel siding installed horizontally before. Neat.

corey331

Reaction score
Welcome! The CL ad that you posted showed a 366 tall deck BBC......wtf, over? Never heard of a BBC with such small cubic inches....destroked the hell out of it or what?

Nice pair of girls and cars....welcome.

CC

Thanks man!! Come to find out, its a stock tall deck big block that Chevy put in big trucks from the 60's to the 90's. I had never heard of such a thing either so I had to look it up. Apparently they run forever, but are lacking on power.

corey331

Reaction score
Love the Checkmates and I've never seen steel siding installed horizontally before. Neat.

Yeah, when the company came out to build that little barn, they started putting the siding on like that and dad and I both were like, hold up, that can't be right. They showed us how it worked and why it was that way. Pretty cool stuff. Barn has been up for 5 or 6 years now and never let a drop of water in.

I love my Checkmates too. It has become a big rivalry between my dad and I with him having a Baja and me having Checkmates. For those that don't know, the two companies built performance boats in the same small town in Ohio literally right across the street from one another. On the water around here the arguments get pretty heated after a few beverages. It has gotten so bad that dad built a new motor over the winter with about 650hp just to shut me up. It has had the stock power in it since he bought it new in 88 and it only took 2 years of me talking trash to change that!!