Reaction score
Literally watching it now

Attachments

• 20230605_211518.jpg
    20230605_211518.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 46

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Tom Hanks name showed up on Epsteinโ€™s airplane flight log , shortly after he and his wife took off to Greece where he holds dual citizenship . I like his movies , but Iโ€™d like to know more about Epsteinโ€™s guests โ€ฆ

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Enjoyed it, could have done without "THE MESSAGE", that didn't add anything to the story.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Interesting. Wife and I turned it off half way through. Thought it was one of those movies that you could see how it was going to end in the first 10 minutes and never really got going. Maybe we missed something??? Then again, Iโ€™ve been a little sour on Hanks since way back from the Toy Story days when Tim Allen opened my eyes to the Hollywood fool Hanks really is. Just my opinion though.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Enjoyed it, could have done without "THE MESSAGE", that didn't add anything to the story.
Being kind to everyone is a fair enough message to be shared......and I think it was done in a manner that wasn't "in your face".

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Being kind to everyone is a fair enough message to be shared......and I think it was done in a manner that wasn't "in your face".
SPOILERS

I didn't state otherwise and agree. However the trans character didn't need to be handled the way the script did. Every other character was left up to the audience to infer their struggles and become invested in their story.

"I was kicked out of my father's house because I'm trans" didn't fit the narrative tone IMHO. It would have worked better as "I was kicked out of my father's house because of who I am." And leave it up to the audience to figure out what that means.

It speaks to what level the writers hold the audience.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
It was a similar story to Clint Eastwoodโ€™s Gran Torino.

Reactions: C-2

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
SPOILERS

I didn't state otherwise and agree. However the trans character didn't need to be handled the way the script did. Every other character was left up to the audience to infer their struggles and become invested in their story.

"I was kicked out of my father's house because I'm trans" didn't fit the narrative tone IMHO. It would have worked better as "I was kicked out of my father's house because of who I am." And leave it up to the audience to figure out what that means.

Hard pressed to find much of anything coming out of Hollyweird that doesn't have a message. If Otto's reaction to it would have been more than just a grunt then I'd have considered it more of an agenda push.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
SPOILERS

It was part of the story about Otto's wife. Who she was and what she did. And Why he worshiped the ground she walked on. ๐Ÿ’ž

The whole story of their lives was told in tiny bits and pieces. Cept for when he needed to use the phone...

Like Ziggy said, it definitely was not in your face. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Interesting. Wife and I turned it off half way through. Thought it was one of those movies that you could see how it was going to end in the first 10 minutes and never really got going. Maybe we missed something??? Then again, Iโ€™ve been a little sour on Hanks since way back from the Toy Story days when Tim Allen opened my eyes to the Hollywood fool Hanks really is. Just my opinion though.
Yes, interesting. My wife and I both tried it on a long flight, and independently both turned it off. Maybe we didn't hang in there long enough, but it seemed forced. He was too grumpy, and the new neighbors were too friendly. Didn't work for either of us, and we're both Tom Hanks fans.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I started watching it last night with my fiancรฉ. I was actually enjoying the movie until the mail kid on the bike said he was f*cking trans.

Iโ€™m so sick and tired of this bullshit.

โ€œItโ€™s just one canโ€
-RD

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yes, interesting. My wife and I both tried it on a long flight, and independently both turned it off. Maybe we didn't hang in there long enough, but it seemed forced. He was too grumpy, and the new neighbors were too friendly. Didn't work for either of us, and we're both Tom Hanks fans.

In the first few minutes? It almost Did seem that way.

But when you realize he's depressed, suicidal, and doesn't give two fucks about anything other than being with his wife...

I'd probably be a bit grumpy too.

It really is an amazing story.