WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A must read for Democrats, and think about what is being said here.

4Waters

Reaction score
These facts speak volumes about the DNC.
Give it a read.

The woman who researched and wrote this lives in Sedona Arizona and is a retired lawyer. She writes in simple language as a former Democrat to all Democrats in general:

Democrats –

Now I know you don't like President Trump. That’s a given, SO let's move on from that.

How about the division of America. Do you really blame Trump for that? How about when NONE of the DEMOCRATS showed up for his inauguration? Don't you think that started the division? He hadn't even been president yet, and EXCEPT for Clinton and Obama, not one Democrat showed up. Is that when Trump divided America? Can you imagine if the REPUBLICANS didn't show up for Obama's inauguration because they lost? Can you even start to imagine what would have happened?

How about when 19 minutes after Trump was inaugurated, the Washington Post declared the IMPEACHMENT CAMPAIGN has STARTED? Was that when Trump divided America?

How about when Nancy Pelosi ripped up Trump's state of the union right in front of the world, showing complete disrespect for the President of the United States? Did that bring the country together and is THAT when Trump divided America?

How about when America had to endure 3 years and over 30 million dollars spent on trying to PROVE that Trump only won because of RUSSIAN COLLUSION and NOT because America voted him in. And 17 democrats did EVERYTHING in their power to PROVE that there was Russian Collusion. and came up with ZERO? Was THAT when Trump divided America?

I can't even start to go over the NEGATIVE PRESS he's received since his surprise win. Remember, the DONORS, the likes of Bloomberg, who gave 27 million, Tom Steyer who gave 17 million, George Soros who gave 9 million and MANY MORE that gave MULTI-MILLIONS to Hillary, wanted a return on their investment. Do you really think that donors give MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS just because they love Hillary? NO, these weren't campaign donations, they were INVESTMENTS into what HILLARY had promised them when she became President. They were so sure she would win and they would be SHOWERED with HUGE RETURNS, and when it didn't happen and they LOST all those millions, they went all out to TAKE TRUMP out of OFFICE by any means possible.

DID YOU KNOW that 90% of the Mainstream media and the corporations that own them, are owned by or run by BIG DEMOCRAT DONORS? You can verify all of that for yourselves. I did. Since the moment Trump won, even before he was inaugurated, the mainstream media's reporting was 92% negative on Trump, do you know why? It was those big donors that lost their dream of MILLIONS of dollars, on their returns that they were going to receive when Hillary was President and they weren't going to take that loss lightly. They needed to PUNISH TRUMP and those that VOTED HIM IN.

I've said this since the night he was elected. "There is NOTHING the left won't do to take down our President”, our country and us, no low they won't go to, to get their power back", and sadly, we have seen this every single day since his election.

Have you ever listened to Trump or appreciated any accomplishment or campaign promises he's kept, have you ever gone to one of his rallies or have you just closed your mind to anything he does? Please ask yourselves the following questions, if you dare.

What has Joe Biden done for America for the last 47 years that he's held an office? What did Joe Biden ever do for BLACKS when HE and Obama were in office? What has Joe Biden ever done in his entire life to create a private-sector job? What has Joe Biden done to help the American middle class worker?

President Trump and his entire family has been vilified, demeaned and disrespected, for one reason and one reason only. HE WON.

Did you notice that the "CAGES" the left claimed that Trump built to put Illegal children in, WERE BUILT BY OBAMA for the very purpose of PUTTING ILLEGAL CHILDREN IN? Was THAT all over the news when Obama did it? The very same “CAGES". but the media was silent!

How about when Biden and Obama allowed the H1N1, the SWINE FLU, to INFECT MILLIONS of Americans before declaring it a health emergency. Was the press losing it's minds and calling it the OBAMA FLU AND BLAMING OBAMA and BIDEN for the spread? —— SILENCE!

Compare this to the NEGATIVE COVERAGE that Trump got when, he immediately halted travel from China. Then, in February, Nancy Pelosi went to Chinatown and said come on down, or when DeBlasio, in March, said ride the subways and go to Broadway. BUT those same people are blaming Trump for the spread of coronavirus.

A FINAL QUESTION:

What have the DEMOCRATS done to help make America the best, to get behind a president that works tirelessly to care about WE THE PEOPLE instead of using us as political pawns? What have the democrats done for people of color EXCEPT for GIVING ILLEGALS more rights than citizens and having us pay for it?

JUST imagine what this country could accomplish if the Democrats worked with him on the economy, the coronavirus, the inner cities where he's created opportunity zones, job training etc. When Trump tried to get school choice for inner-city students they ran Betsy Devos out!! The democrats running those inner city schools wanted no part of school choice. Have you ever wondered why it's cities that have been run, for decades, that have the MOST HOMELESS, the MOST CRIME, the most MURDERS, the worst INNER CITY schools, ARE ALL RUN BY DEMOCRATS?

If you haven't started asking yourselves those questions, maybe you should. As I said, my entire family used to be Democrats, but NOT ONE will ever vote for a Democrat again. They asked themselves the same questions and the answer was clear.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
"Cliff notes?" - Danger Dave
Fuck Democraps!!!!!
Gallows.jpeg
Gallows.jpeg

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
There's are reason why it is called TDS. These people are deranged and no amount of facts, logic, or reason will sway their opinion. All they know is Orange man bad. When you villainize your opponent you can then justify any actions against them even if they are immoral or illegal.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
There's are reason why it is called TDS. These people are deranged and no amount of facts, logic, or reason will sway their opinion. All they know is Orange man bad. When you villainize your opponent you can then justify any actions against them even if they are immoral or illegal.

All they know is they want to fundamentally change America into a Marxist state

wzuber

Reaction score
This is a real disorder.
Bump...well said, in simple enough language that even un-educated illegal immigrants would understand. I wonder if the resident selfrightous, aledgidly formal educated leftist losers in here can actually get it? I won't hold my breath on that.

4Waters

Reaction score
Ok so this has been up for a week and has never fallen much below 1/2 way down the first page. Why haven't the resident turds commented on this, I know you fuckers have read this, does the truth hurt? You democrats have divided America not the Republicans.

@RodnJen
@Grandpa mac
@squeezer

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Ok so this has been up for a week and has never fallen much below 1/2 way down the first page. Why haven't the resident turds commented on this, I know you fuckers have read this, does the truth hurt? You democrats have divided America not the Republicans.

@RodnJen
@Grandpa mac
@squeezer
Too busy doing the rope a dope. How else does a pedophile who campaigns in a basement while saying half of America’s people of color ain’t black.

running out the clock while the fish in the newspaper (Biden) rots from the inside out.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
One libtard is only concerned about his desire to collect $100 only if Biden gets away with stealing the election

4Waters

Reaction score

@RodnJen
@Grandpa mac
@squeezer
Been another 24hrs and nothing from the retarded turds, they are to scared to comment. Pussies.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Been another 24hrs and nothing from the retarded turds, they are to scared to comment. Pussies.
🙈🙉🙊 I am sure they are telling themselves that can’t be a Democrat writing all that diatribe against their own. They’ve convinced themselves it’s all right wing propaganda as usual.

The question I have is when the right stands up for themselves and starts retaliating against antifa mob’s is there going to be no police presence?

I sincerely look at persons lobbying fireworks into a group of diners as a life-threatening event. If you are an “innocent” protester that happens to be standing in a mob that is launching fireworks I don’t feel sorry for you when retribution comes.

4Waters

Reaction score
The spineless turds are avoiding this thread like the plague 🤣🤣🤣🤣

RodnJen

Reaction score
WTF you pussies, another week and you are still avoiding this thread for no other reason than it is the truth and you pussies don't like the truth.

@Grandpa mac
@RodnJen
@squeezer

You fuckers like to comment on everything except this🖕🖕

More victim B.S. The country has been divided for a long time. When you elect a black president lots of ugliness comes to the service. You elect a narcissist who talks out of both sides of his ass and you only further that division. You and others claim victory because an outsider was elected. His daily failure only validates your vote and your premise that any action by the government is bad and any press on the subject is fake.

The article only plays to victimhood and failure. The president has proven time and again that he cares for nobody but himself and his immediate family. His legacy will show that and his current behavior punctuates his weakness.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
More victim B.S. The country has been divided for a long time. When you elect a black president lots of ugliness comes to the service. You elect a narcissist who talks out of both sides of his ass and you only further that division. You and others claim victory because an outsider was elected. His daily failure only validates your vote and your premise that any action by the government is bad and any press on the subject is fake.

The article only plays to victimhood and failure. The president has proven time and again that he cares for nobody but himself and his immediate family. His legacy will show that and his current behavior punctuates his weakness.

There it is!!
Race card!!

Lol, damn Rod...10:00 AM and already the quiver is empty??

Pelon

Reaction score
Don't know if this is a VIN but it is a must watch!

4Waters

Reaction score

And it was your black president that started the divide by criminalizing cops and glorifying black thugs

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Says the man that thinks only landowners should be allowed to vote.
Makes a whole lot more sense, with a whole lot more people, than throwing grandma and grandpa out of their house so you can tax more and give it to the welfare turds that drag down society. Think about it, ah wait, you can't think that much, never mind.

4Waters

Reaction score
I know you have seen this thread and even read post 1, you can deny it all you want but you have no credibility since you are a lying ass democrat. I will call you out one more time pussy.

@Grandpa mac

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
These facts speak volumes about the DNC.
Give it a read.

The woman who researched and wrote this lives in Sedona Arizona and is a retired lawyer. She writes in simple language as a former Democrat to all Democrats in general:

Democrats –

Now I know you don't like President Trump. That’s a given, SO let's move on from that.

How about the division of America. Do you really blame Trump for that? How about when NONE of the DEMOCRATS showed up for his inauguration? Don't you think that started the division? He hadn't even been president yet, and EXCEPT for Clinton and Obama, not one Democrat showed up. Is that when Trump divided America? Can you imagine if the REPUBLICANS didn't show up for Obama's inauguration because they lost? Can you even start to imagine what would have happened?

How about when 19 minutes after Trump was inaugurated, the Washington Post declared the IMPEACHMENT CAMPAIGN has STARTED? Was that when Trump divided America?

How about when Nancy Pelosi ripped up Trump's state of the union right in front of the world, showing complete disrespect for the President of the United States? Did that bring the country together and is THAT when Trump divided America?

How about when America had to endure 3 years and over 30 million dollars spent on trying to PROVE that Trump only won because of RUSSIAN COLLUSION and NOT because America voted him in. And 17 democrats did EVERYTHING in their power to PROVE that there was Russian Collusion. and came up with ZERO? Was THAT when Trump divided America?

I can't even start to go over the NEGATIVE PRESS he's received since his surprise win. Remember, the DONORS, the likes of Bloomberg, who gave 27 million, Tom Steyer who gave 17 million, George Soros who gave 9 million and MANY MORE that gave MULTI-MILLIONS to Hillary, wanted a return on their investment. Do you really think that donors give MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS just because they love Hillary? NO, these weren't campaign donations, they were INVESTMENTS into what HILLARY had promised them when she became President. They were so sure she would win and they would be SHOWERED with HUGE RETURNS, and when it didn't happen and they LOST all those millions, they went all out to TAKE TRUMP out of OFFICE by any means possible.

DID YOU KNOW that 90% of the Mainstream media and the corporations that own them, are owned by or run by BIG DEMOCRAT DONORS? You can verify all of that for yourselves. I did. Since the moment Trump won, even before he was inaugurated, the mainstream media's reporting was 92% negative on Trump, do you know why? It was those big donors that lost their dream of MILLIONS of dollars, on their returns that they were going to receive when Hillary was President and they weren't going to take that loss lightly. They needed to PUNISH TRUMP and those that VOTED HIM IN.

I've said this since the night he was elected. "There is NOTHING the left won't do to take down our President”, our country and us, no low they won't go to, to get their power back", and sadly, we have seen this every single day since his election.

Have you ever listened to Trump or appreciated any accomplishment or campaign promises he's kept, have you ever gone to one of his rallies or have you just closed your mind to anything he does? Please ask yourselves the following questions, if you dare.

What has Joe Biden done for America for the last 47 years that he's held an office? What did Joe Biden ever do for BLACKS when HE and Obama were in office? What has Joe Biden ever done in his entire life to create a private-sector job? What has Joe Biden done to help the American middle class worker?

President Trump and his entire family has been vilified, demeaned and disrespected, for one reason and one reason only. HE WON.

Did you notice that the "CAGES" the left claimed that Trump built to put Illegal children in, WERE BUILT BY OBAMA for the very purpose of PUTTING ILLEGAL CHILDREN IN? Was THAT all over the news when Obama did it? The very same “CAGES". but the media was silent!

How about when Biden and Obama allowed the H1N1, the SWINE FLU, to INFECT MILLIONS of Americans before declaring it a health emergency. Was the press losing it's minds and calling it the OBAMA FLU AND BLAMING OBAMA and BIDEN for the spread? —— SILENCE!

Compare this to the NEGATIVE COVERAGE that Trump got when, he immediately halted travel from China. Then, in February, Nancy Pelosi went to Chinatown and said come on down, or when DeBlasio, in March, said ride the subways and go to Broadway. BUT those same people are blaming Trump for the spread of coronavirus.

A FINAL QUESTION:

What have the DEMOCRATS done to help make America the best, to get behind a president that works tirelessly to care about WE THE PEOPLE instead of using us as political pawns? What have the democrats done for people of color EXCEPT for GIVING ILLEGALS more rights than citizens and having us pay for it?

JUST imagine what this country could accomplish if the Democrats worked with him on the economy, the coronavirus, the inner cities where he's created opportunity zones, job training etc. When Trump tried to get school choice for inner-city students they ran Betsy Devos out!! The democrats running those inner city schools wanted no part of school choice. Have you ever wondered why it's cities that have been run, for decades, that have the MOST HOMELESS, the MOST CRIME, the most MURDERS, the worst INNER CITY schools, ARE ALL RUN BY DEMOCRATS?

If you haven't started asking yourselves those questions, maybe you should. As I said, my entire family used to be Democrats, but NOT ONE will ever vote for a Democrat again. They asked themselves the same questions and the answer was clear.
Too long...

I’d say the division in America dates back at least to 1968 if not 1619. But in recent memory? How about then Senate Minority Leader saying his top priority was ensuring Obama only got one term and then all the shenanigans over filling vacancies on the court, up to and including Merrick Garland? We began a cycle of escalation when Republicans blocked well quailified court nominations and Reid responded by eliminating the filibuster on lower court nominees.

Mutual escalation takes us to one place and Trump has hisfoot on the gas.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I know you have seen this thread and even read post 1, you can deny it all you want but you have no credibility since you are a lying ass democrat. I will call you out one more time pussy.

@Grandpa mac
And no I hadn’t read it before and only read 25% now. Mostly I just chose to ignore you because you aren’t interesting or entertaining.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Says the man that thinks only landowners should be allowed to vote.
I’d agree... at least have a job and pay taxes. I’m a teacher. For the union. I deal with 18-25 year olds daily. There’s not a chance in hell you could convince me otherwise. Hell I’d love for you to come down and meet a class. Mostly democrats too 👍

4Waters

Reaction score
And no I hadn’t read it before and only read 25% now. Mostly I just chose to ignore you because you aren’t interesting or entertaining.
Like I said you are a liar. You only read 25% of it because it's the truth. Obama criminalized cops and glorified thugs and put a major divide in this country.

I will admit that Republicans created the divide in 1861 but we won that war and gave the slaves their freedom. My 5th grade teacher taught the right way, she taught us that the Lincoln and the Republicans wanted to free the slaves and the democrats wanted to keep them enslaved, I knew right then I wanted to be a republican, they don't teach that any more and it shows with how stupid your party and followers are. You and your party are nothing but racists.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
How old are you? Serious question I’m really interested in

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I’d agree... at least have a job and pay taxes. I’m a teacher. For the union. I deal with 18-25 year olds daily. There’s not a chance in hell you could convince me otherwise. Hell I’d love for you to come down and meet a class. Mostly democrats too 👍
Everybody in this country pays taxes even if it’s only sales tax on their purchases. And if income tax determines voting rights, we’ll bear in mind that blue states like New York and California have been propping up red states like Mississippi and Alabama for decades. Also keep in mind that a whole lot of military families with a couple kids fall below the poverty level and draw public assistance and prob pay little if any federal income tax. And then you’ve got millions of Americans out of work today thru no fault of their own due to Covid. He’ll, even Trump has in years past paid no income tax due to bankruptcies and major losses claimed in prior years. This notion of only those who pay taxes or own land comes from Jim Crow laws specifically designed to keep poor black sharecroppers from voting against their racist Southern former masters.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Like I said you are a liar. You only read 25% of it because it's the truth. Obama criminalized cops and glorified thugs and put a major divide in this country.

I will admit that Republicans created the divide in 1861 but we won that war and gave the slaves their freedom. My 5th grade teacher taught the right way, she taught us that the Lincoln and the Republicans wanted to free the slaves and the democrats wanted to keep them enslaved, I knew right then I wanted to be a republican, they don't teach that any more and it shows with how stupid your party and followers are. You and your party are nothing but racists.
How exactly did Obama “criminalize cops”, you dumb fuck. Police use of force is still subject to the exact same Supreme Court case law established by the Rehnquist court in 1989. Graham v Connor said police must use objectively reasonable force and no politician can overturn the Supreme Court, which is why time after time cops are eventually exonerated even when the public calls for their prosecution. Police haven’t been criminalized, they’re just being scrutinized more by the public and certain lower courts primarily in the 9th Circuit where qualified immunity don’t mean what it used to.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Everybody in this country pays taxes even if it’s only sales tax on their purchases. And if income tax determines voting rights, we’ll bear in mind that blue states like New York and California have been propping up red states like Mississippi and Alabama for decades. Also keep in mind that a whole lot of military families with a couple kids fall below the poverty level and draw public assistance and prob pay little if any federal income tax. And then you’ve got millions of Americans out of work today thru no fault of their own due to Covid. He’ll, even Trump has in years past paid no income tax due to bankruptcies and major losses claimed in prior years. This notion of only those who pay taxes or own land comes from Jim Crow laws specifically designed to keep poor black sharecroppers from voting against their racist Southern former masters.
I’ve watched the Netflix documentary 🙄

wzuber

Reaction score

I would argue......MARIXIST is more INCLUSIVE of their TRUE mentality.

4Waters

Reaction score
How exactly did Obama “criminalize cops”, you dumb fuck. Police use of force is still subject to the exact same Supreme Court case law established by the Rehnquist court in 1989. Graham v Connor said police must use objectively reasonable force and no politician can overturn the Supreme Court, which is why time after time cops are eventually exonerated even when the public calls for their prosecution. Police haven’t been criminalized, they’re just being scrutinized more by the public and certain lower courts primarily in the 9th Circuit where qualified immunity don’t mean what it used to.
Listen dumb fuck, it's obvious you think Michael Brown was justified for stealing from that convenience store and assulting the clerk and then grabbing for the gun of the officer while assaulting that officer, Odumbfuck said that that cop used too much force and black should resist instead of comply, that is criminalizing the cops and glorifying the thugs, you dumb fucking moron. Next time you go to work leave your fucking gun at home!

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Listen dumb fuck, it's obvious you think Michael Brown was justified for stealing from that convenience store and assulting the clerk and then grabbing for the gun of the officer while assaulting that officer, Odumbfuck said that that cop used too much force and black should resist instead of comply, that is criminalizing the cops and glorifying the thugs, you dumb fucking moron. Next time you go to work leave your fucking gun at home!
I absolutely do not think shooting Michael Brown was an excessive use of force. The officer was badly beaten by a guy much bigger than him and if an officer is reasonably in fear of being beaten into submission and having his own gun used against him, then he has articulable facts to justify using deadly force. And the courts agreed. Please stick to telling me what you believe- I’m more than capable of articulating my own beliefs and don’t require your assistance.

4Waters

Reaction score
I absolutely do not think shooting Michael Brown was an excessive use of force. The officer was badly beaten by a guy much bigger than him and if an officer is reasonably in fear of being beaten into submission and having his own gun used against him, then he has articulable facts to justify using deadly force. And the courts agreed. Please stick to telling me what you believe- I’m more than capable of articulating my own beliefs and don’t require your assistance.
Well then why do you support what Odumbass said after that shooting?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Here are the statements Obama and Holder released in the aftermath of Ferguson when defusing the nascent race riots were there top priority. I don't consider Brown's death hearthbreaking because Brown was a POS. However, if expressing empathy with the family of a dead man and an angry community helps lower tensions to a simmer that is fine by me. Nowhere here does he tell the African American community to resist or say that the officer involved used excessive force- he says the DOJ will assist in investigating (and as you know, they did not file any charges against that officer). If your referencing some other comments, post them up and I'll have a read.

This afternoon, President Obama issued a statement on the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was fatally shot on Saturday by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri:

The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time. As Attorney General Holder has indicated, the Department of Justice is investigating the situation along with local officials, and they will continue to direct resources to the case as needed. I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds. Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve.
Attorney General Eric Holder also released a statement yesterday on the shooting, calling for a federal investigation to supplement the inquiry by local authorities:

The shooting incident in Ferguson, Missouri this weekend deserves a fulsome review. In addition to the local investigation already underway, FBI agents from the St. Louis field office, working together with attorneys from the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division and US Attorney's Office, have opened a concurrent, federal inquiry. The federal investigation will supplement, rather than supplant, the inquiry by local authorities. At every step, we will work with the local investigators, who should be prepared to complete a thorough, fair investigation in their own right. I will continue to receive regular updates on this matter in the coming days. Aggressively pursuing investigations such as this is critical for preserving trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
GMAC

would you consider this a speech to bring everyone together....

sure don't sound like no KUMBUYA speech to me....

2016 - Obama

OBAMA:

I want to begin by expressing my condolences for the families of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile. As I said in the statement that I posted on Facebook, we have seen tragedies like this too many times.

The Justice Department, I know, has opened a civil rights investigation in Baton Rouge. The governor of Minnesota, I understand, is calling for an investigation there as well.

As is my practice, given my institutional role, I can’t comment on the specific facts of each case. And I have confidence (AUDIO GAP).

But what I can say is that all of us as Americans should be troubled by the news. These are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system.

And I just want to give people a few statistics to try to put in context why emotions are so raw around these issues. According to various studies, not just one, but a wide range of studies that have been carried out over a number of years, African-Americans are 30 percent more likely than whites to be pulled over.

After being pulled over, African-Americans and Hispanics are three times more likely to be searched. Last year, African-Americans were shot by police at more than twice the rate of whites.

African-Americans are arrested at twice the rate of whites. African-American defendants are 75 percent more likely to be charged with offenses carrying mandatory minimums. They receive sentences that are almost 10 percent longer than comparable whites arrested for the same crime.

So if you add it all up, the African-American and Hispanic population who make up only 30 percent of the general population make up more than half of the incarcerated population. Now, these are facts.

And when incidents like this occur, there’s a big chunk of our fellow citizenry that feels as if because of the color of their skin, they are not being treated the same. And that hurts. And that should trouble all of us.

This is not just a black issue. It’s not just an Hispanic issue. This is an American issue that we should all care about, all fair- minded people should be concerned.

Now let me just say we have extraordinary appreciation and respect for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day. They have got a dangerous job. It is a tough job.

And as I’ve said before, they have a right to go home to their families just like anybody else on the job. And there are going to be circumstances in which they have to make split-second decisions. We understand that.

But when we see data that indicates disparities in how African- Americans and Latinos may be treated in various jurisdictions around the country, and it’s incumbent on all of us to say, we can do better than this, we are better than this, and to not have it degenerate into the usual political scrum.

We should be able to step back, reflect, and ask ourselves, what can we do better so that everybody feels as if they’re equal under the law?

Now, the good news is, is that there are practices we can institute that will make a difference. Last year, we put together a task force that was comprised of civil rights activists and community leaders, but law enforcement officials, police captains, sheriffs.

And they sat around a table and they looked at the data, and they looked at best practices, and they came up with specific recommendations and steps that could ensure that the trust between communities and police departments were rebuilt and incidents like this would be less likely to occur.

And there are some jurisdictions out there that have adopted these recommendations. But there are a whole bunch that have not.

And if anything good comes out of these tragedies, my hope is, is that communities around the country take a look and say, how can we implement these recommendations?

And that the overwhelming majority of police officers who are doing a great job every single day and are doing their job without regard to race, that they encourage their leadership and organizations that represent them to get behind these recommendations.

Because ultimately if you can rebuild trust between communities and the police departments that serve them, that helps us solve crime problems. That will make life easier for police officers.

They will have more cooperation. They will be safer. They will be more likely to come home. So it will be good for crime-fighting and it will avert tragedy.

And I’m encouraged by the fact that the majority of leadership in police departments around the country recognize this, but change has been too slow. And we have to have a greater sense of urgency about this.

I’m also encouraged, by the way, that we have bipartisan support for criminal justice reform working its way through Congress. It has stalled and lost some momentum over the last couple of months in part because Congress is having difficulty generally moving legislation forward and we’re in a political season.

But there are people of good will on the Republican side and the Democratic side who I’ve seen want to try to get something done here. That too would help provide greater assurance across the country that those in power, those in authority, are taking these issues seriously.

So this should be a spur to action to get that done, to get that across the finish line, because I know there are a lot of people who want to get it done.

Now let me just make a couple of final comments. I mentioned in my Facebook statement that I hope we don’t fall into the typical patterns that occur after these kinds of incidents occur, where right away there’s a lot of political rhetoric and it starts dividing people instead of bringing folks together.

To be concerned about these issues is not to be against law enforcement. There are times when these incidents occur and you see protests and you see vigils, and I get letters, well-meaning letters sometimes, from law enforcement saying, how come we’re under attack?

How come not as much emphasis is made when police officers are shot? And so to all of law enforcement, I want to be very clear. We know you have a tough job. We mourn those in uniform who are protecting us who lose their lives.

On a regular basis, I have joined with families in front of Capitol Hill to commemorate the incredible heroism that they have displayed. I have hugged family members who have lost loved ones doing the right thing. I know how much it hurts.

On a regular basis, we bring in those who have done heroic work in law enforcement and have survived. Sometimes they have been injured. Sometimes they risked their lives in remarkable ways, and we applaud them and appreciate them, because they are doing a really tough job really well.

There is no contradiction between us supporting law enforcement, making sure they have got the equipment they need, making sure that their collective bargaining rights are recognized, making sure that they are adequately staffed, making sure that they are respected, making sure their families are supported, and also saying that there are problems across our criminal justice system.

There are biases, some conscious and unconscious, that have to be rooted out. That’s not an attack on law enforcement. That is reflective of the values that the vast majority of law enforcement bring to the job.

But I repeat, if communities are mistrustful of the police, that makes those law enforcement officers who are doing a great job and are doing the right thing, it makes their lives harder.

So, you know, when people say black lives matter, that doesn’t mean blue lives don’t matter. It just means all lives matter but right now, the big concern is the fact that the data shows black folks are more vulnerable to these kinds of incidents.

This isn’t a matter of us comparing the value of lives. This is recognizing that there’s a particular burden that is being placed on a group of our fellow citizens and we should care about that. And we can’t dismiss it.

We can’t dismiss it.

So let me just end by saying I actually genuinely, truly believe that the vast majority of American people see this as a problem that we should all care about. And I would just ask those who question the sincerity or the legitimacy of protests and vigils and expressions of outrage, who somehow label those expressions of outrage as quote- unquote, “political correctness,” I just ask folks to step back and think, what if this happened to somebody in your family?

How would you feel? To be concerned about these issues is not political correctness. It’s just being American and wanting to live up to our best and highest ideals.

And it’s to recognize the reality that we’ve got some tough history and we haven’t gotten through all of that history yet. And we don’t expect that in my lifetime, maybe not in my children’s lifetime, that all the vestiges of that past will have been cured, will have been solved, but we can do better.

People of good will can do better. And doing better involves not just addressing potential bias in the criminal justice system. It’s recognizing that too often we are asking police to man the barricades in communities that have been forgotten by all of us for way too long in terms of sub-standard schools and inadequate jobs and a lack of opportunity.

We’ve got to tackle those things. We can do better. And I believe we will do better.

Thanks very much, everybody.

2016 article

Chicago: 75% of Murdered Are Black, 71% of Murderers Are Black

The numbers are horrifying.

By Devin Foley

3 ½ min

After hearing about a woman attempting to start a sex-strike in Chicago, ultimately based on the Ancient Greek play Lysistrata, to end the gun violence, we thought it would be good to dig into the numbers a little bit. We wish we hadn't.

Simply put, Chicago has a massive Black-on-Black murder problem. All of the data below comes from the Chicago Police Department. You can access it here.

In 2011, the latest data officially released by the Chicago Police, there were 433 homicides. Of these, just 128 (29%) had a corresponding prosecution.

VICTIMS

83.4% of deaths were from shootings, 6.7% stabbings, and 6.5% assaults. Of the 362 firearm homicides, 351 (97%) were from handguns. 77% of all homicide victims had a prior arrest history. Victims were 90% male.

What stands out the most looking at both charts and knowing that 90% of the victims are male is that a lot of young, Black men are being killed in Chicago. No race comes even close to overall deaths by homicide. Keep in mind that based on 2010 Census numbers, only 33% of Chicago's population was classified as Black.

OFFENDERS

In 2011, there were 140 convicted offenders for the 128 victims with an associated prosecution. There were more offenders than victims because 10.7% of homicides had two offenders and 10.0% had three or more offenders convicted. 87% of all offenders had a prior arrest history. Offenders were 88% male.

The data on offenders also tells a troubling story: Young, Black males are overwhelmingly committing most of the murders. Based on the data on the victims, that means young, Black males are primarily killing other young, Black males. What a terrible situation.

Now, we can and should debate about the causes, but let us just say that it’s hard to believe that racism is the root of it. Yes, some will argue that systemic racism traps Blacks in poverty, but does that explain why Blacks would seem to target other Blacks with such overwhelming violence and frequency compared to any other race? Furthermore on the race issue, it’s interesting to note that the Hispanics seem to actually murder more than they are murdered, while both Whites and Blacks are indeed murdered more than they murder.

Looking at the troubling statistics, is it reasonable to be reminded of Don Lemon's (a Black, CNN anchor) somewhat famous and controversial comments during the George Zimmerman acquittal in 2013:

"'Black people,' Lemon said, 'if you really want to fix the problem, here's just five things that you should think about doing.'

The No. 1 item on that list -- 'and probably the most important,' he said -- had to do with out-of-wedlock births.

'Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should,' Lemon said. 'Especially without planning for one or getting married first. More than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock. That means absent fathers. And the studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison and the cycle continues.'"

What Lemon describes is a culture problem. It's not that there isn't culture, it's whether or not it is the type that truly promotes human flourishing. Watching videos like the one below, our hearts go out to any mom or dad (hopefully, both) trying to raise a child right in such carnage.

GMAC
Obama had 8 years to to be proactive....

all he did was blame someone else.....

Obama, started the GREAT divison!!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
In 2016 Chicago clocked 781 homicides.
That’s the standing record...Obamas last year in office.

This year they are at 728 currently.
It’ll take a hell of a spree to actually beat that 781 number.
But gun violence is up 50% in Chicago from last year...so it’s possible!

They’ve killed 48 so far in November so it’ll be close through December.
This is the second time they’ve ever broken 700 homicides.

4Waters

Reaction score
Here are the statements Obama and Holder released in the aftermath of Ferguson when defusing the nascent race riots were there top priority. I don't consider Brown's death hearthbreaking because Brown was a POS. However, if expressing empathy with the family of a dead man and an angry community helps lower tensions to a simmer that is fine by me. Nowhere here does he tell the African American community to resist or say that the officer involved used excessive force- he says the DOJ will assist in investigating (and as you know, they did not file any charges against that officer). If your referencing some other comments, post them up and I'll have a read.

This afternoon, President Obama issued a statement on the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was fatally shot on Saturday by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri:

Attorney General Eric Holder also released a statement yesterday on the shooting, calling for a federal investigation to supplement the inquiry by local authorities:
He was asked about this shooting lots of times while I don't remember his exact words he in a round about way stated to resist, like protect yourself against LEO or some bullshit like that instead of comply and live another day that you can file a report against the officer if you feel you were wronged, basically officers word against a live man instead of an officers word against a deadman, Deadman can't tell their side of the story. What odumbass said was in regards to this shooting and that's why I remember it, it infuriated me.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
GMAC

would you consider this a speech to bring everyone together....

sure don't sound like no KUMBUYA speech to me....

2016 - Obama

OBAMA:

I want to begin by expressing my condolences for the families of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile. As I said in the statement that I posted on Facebook, we have seen tragedies like this too many times.

The Justice Department, I know, has opened a civil rights investigation in Baton Rouge. The governor of Minnesota, I understand, is calling for an investigation there as well.

As is my practice, given my institutional role, I can’t comment on the specific facts of each case. And I have confidence (AUDIO GAP).

But what I can say is that all of us as Americans should be troubled by the news. These are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system.

And I just want to give people a few statistics to try to put in context why emotions are so raw around these issues. According to various studies, not just one, but a wide range of studies that have been carried out over a number of years, African-Americans are 30 percent more likely than whites to be pulled over.

After being pulled over, African-Americans and Hispanics are three times more likely to be searched. Last year, African-Americans were shot by police at more than twice the rate of whites.

African-Americans are arrested at twice the rate of whites. African-American defendants are 75 percent more likely to be charged with offenses carrying mandatory minimums. They receive sentences that are almost 10 percent longer than comparable whites arrested for the same crime.

So if you add it all up, the African-American and Hispanic population who make up only 30 percent of the general population make up more than half of the incarcerated population. Now, these are facts.

And when incidents like this occur, there’s a big chunk of our fellow citizenry that feels as if because of the color of their skin, they are not being treated the same. And that hurts. And that should trouble all of us.

This is not just a black issue. It’s not just an Hispanic issue. This is an American issue that we should all care about, all fair- minded people should be concerned.

Now let me just say we have extraordinary appreciation and respect for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day. They have got a dangerous job. It is a tough job.

And as I’ve said before, they have a right to go home to their families just like anybody else on the job. And there are going to be circumstances in which they have to make split-second decisions. We understand that.

But when we see data that indicates disparities in how African- Americans and Latinos may be treated in various jurisdictions around the country, and it’s incumbent on all of us to say, we can do better than this, we are better than this, and to not have it degenerate into the usual political scrum.

We should be able to step back, reflect, and ask ourselves, what can we do better so that everybody feels as if they’re equal under the law?

Now, the good news is, is that there are practices we can institute that will make a difference. Last year, we put together a task force that was comprised of civil rights activists and community leaders, but law enforcement officials, police captains, sheriffs.

And they sat around a table and they looked at the data, and they looked at best practices, and they came up with specific recommendations and steps that could ensure that the trust between communities and police departments were rebuilt and incidents like this would be less likely to occur.

And there are some jurisdictions out there that have adopted these recommendations. But there are a whole bunch that have not.

And if anything good comes out of these tragedies, my hope is, is that communities around the country take a look and say, how can we implement these recommendations?

And that the overwhelming majority of police officers who are doing a great job every single day and are doing their job without regard to race, that they encourage their leadership and organizations that represent them to get behind these recommendations.

Because ultimately if you can rebuild trust between communities and the police departments that serve them, that helps us solve crime problems. That will make life easier for police officers.

They will have more cooperation. They will be safer. They will be more likely to come home. So it will be good for crime-fighting and it will avert tragedy.

And I’m encouraged by the fact that the majority of leadership in police departments around the country recognize this, but change has been too slow. And we have to have a greater sense of urgency about this.

I’m also encouraged, by the way, that we have bipartisan support for criminal justice reform working its way through Congress. It has stalled and lost some momentum over the last couple of months in part because Congress is having difficulty generally moving legislation forward and we’re in a political season.

But there are people of good will on the Republican side and the Democratic side who I’ve seen want to try to get something done here. That too would help provide greater assurance across the country that those in power, those in authority, are taking these issues seriously.

So this should be a spur to action to get that done, to get that across the finish line, because I know there are a lot of people who want to get it done.

Now let me just make a couple of final comments. I mentioned in my Facebook statement that I hope we don’t fall into the typical patterns that occur after these kinds of incidents occur, where right away there’s a lot of political rhetoric and it starts dividing people instead of bringing folks together.

To be concerned about these issues is not to be against law enforcement. There are times when these incidents occur and you see protests and you see vigils, and I get letters, well-meaning letters sometimes, from law enforcement saying, how come we’re under attack?

How come not as much emphasis is made when police officers are shot? And so to all of law enforcement, I want to be very clear. We know you have a tough job. We mourn those in uniform who are protecting us who lose their lives.

On a regular basis, I have joined with families in front of Capitol Hill to commemorate the incredible heroism that they have displayed. I have hugged family members who have lost loved ones doing the right thing. I know how much it hurts.

On a regular basis, we bring in those who have done heroic work in law enforcement and have survived. Sometimes they have been injured. Sometimes they risked their lives in remarkable ways, and we applaud them and appreciate them, because they are doing a really tough job really well.

There is no contradiction between us supporting law enforcement, making sure they have got the equipment they need, making sure that their collective bargaining rights are recognized, making sure that they are adequately staffed, making sure that they are respected, making sure their families are supported, and also saying that there are problems across our criminal justice system.

There are biases, some conscious and unconscious, that have to be rooted out. That’s not an attack on law enforcement. That is reflective of the values that the vast majority of law enforcement bring to the job.

But I repeat, if communities are mistrustful of the police, that makes those law enforcement officers who are doing a great job and are doing the right thing, it makes their lives harder.

So, you know, when people say black lives matter, that doesn’t mean blue lives don’t matter. It just means all lives matter but right now, the big concern is the fact that the data shows black folks are more vulnerable to these kinds of incidents.

This isn’t a matter of us comparing the value of lives. This is recognizing that there’s a particular burden that is being placed on a group of our fellow citizens and we should care about that. And we can’t dismiss it.

We can’t dismiss it.

So let me just end by saying I actually genuinely, truly believe that the vast majority of American people see this as a problem that we should all care about. And I would just ask those who question the sincerity or the legitimacy of protests and vigils and expressions of outrage, who somehow label those expressions of outrage as quote- unquote, “political correctness,” I just ask folks to step back and think, what if this happened to somebody in your family?

How would you feel? To be concerned about these issues is not political correctness. It’s just being American and wanting to live up to our best and highest ideals.

And it’s to recognize the reality that we’ve got some tough history and we haven’t gotten through all of that history yet. And we don’t expect that in my lifetime, maybe not in my children’s lifetime, that all the vestiges of that past will have been cured, will have been solved, but we can do better.

People of good will can do better. And doing better involves not just addressing potential bias in the criminal justice system. It’s recognizing that too often we are asking police to man the barricades in communities that have been forgotten by all of us for way too long in terms of sub-standard schools and inadequate jobs and a lack of opportunity.

We’ve got to tackle those things. We can do better. And I believe we will do better.

Thanks very much, everybody.

2016 article

Chicago: 75% of Murdered Are Black, 71% of Murderers Are Black

The numbers are horrifying.

By Devin Foley

3 ½ min

After hearing about a woman attempting to start a sex-strike in Chicago, ultimately based on the Ancient Greek play Lysistrata, to end the gun violence, we thought it would be good to dig into the numbers a little bit. We wish we hadn't.

Simply put, Chicago has a massive Black-on-Black murder problem. All of the data below comes from the Chicago Police Department. You can access it here.

In 2011, the latest data officially released by the Chicago Police, there were 433 homicides. Of these, just 128 (29%) had a corresponding prosecution.

VICTIMS

83.4% of deaths were from shootings, 6.7% stabbings, and 6.5% assaults. Of the 362 firearm homicides, 351 (97%) were from handguns. 77% of all homicide victims had a prior arrest history. Victims were 90% male.

What stands out the most looking at both charts and knowing that 90% of the victims are male is that a lot of young, Black men are being killed in Chicago. No race comes even close to overall deaths by homicide. Keep in mind that based on 2010 Census numbers, only 33% of Chicago's population was classified as Black.

OFFENDERS

In 2011, there were 140 convicted offenders for the 128 victims with an associated prosecution. There were more offenders than victims because 10.7% of homicides had two offenders and 10.0% had three or more offenders convicted. 87% of all offenders had a prior arrest history. Offenders were 88% male.

The data on offenders also tells a troubling story: Young, Black males are overwhelmingly committing most of the murders. Based on the data on the victims, that means young, Black males are primarily killing other young, Black males. What a terrible situation.

Now, we can and should debate about the causes, but let us just say that it’s hard to believe that racism is the root of it. Yes, some will argue that systemic racism traps Blacks in poverty, but does that explain why Blacks would seem to target other Blacks with such overwhelming violence and frequency compared to any other race? Furthermore on the race issue, it’s interesting to note that the Hispanics seem to actually murder more than they are murdered, while both Whites and Blacks are indeed murdered more than they murder.

Looking at the troubling statistics, is it reasonable to be reminded of Don Lemon's (a Black, CNN anchor) somewhat famous and controversial comments during the George Zimmerman acquittal in 2013:

"'Black people,' Lemon said, 'if you really want to fix the problem, here's just five things that you should think about doing.'

The No. 1 item on that list -- 'and probably the most important,' he said -- had to do with out-of-wedlock births.

'Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should,' Lemon said. 'Especially without planning for one or getting married first. More than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock. That means absent fathers. And the studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison and the cycle continues.'"

What Lemon describes is a culture problem. It's not that there isn't culture, it's whether or not it is the type that truly promotes human flourishing. Watching videos like the one below, our hearts go out to any mom or dad (hopefully, both) trying to raise a child right in such carnage.

GMAC
Obama had 8 years to to be proactive....

all he did was blame someone else.....

Obama, started the GREAT divison!!!!
Well for starters, the incident involving Philando Castille was QUITE different from Michael Brown in that the officer involved in that one genuinely fucked up, and badly. Castille was licensed to carry a firearm and disclosed this to the officer, the officer says don't reach for it, Castille says I'm not and the officer shoots him multiple times. Now I personally doubt that officer went to work planning to murder a black man. I think he was just too quick to use deadly force in a situation which he did not understand and where I think most reasonable officers would not have used force. He was charged with manslaughter and acquitted by another jury willing to give police the benefit of the doubt. And given the fact that officers deal with what the Supreme Court has called "tense and rapidly evolving circumstances" with a highly armed public all the time, I'm glad our system normally does not crucify officers who make a mistake absent any malice. That said, are black communities where this happens far more often then white communities gonna see things the same way? Hell no, and Obama articulates why.

Nonetheless, Obama said the following in the link you posted- "

"Now let me just say we have extraordinary appreciation and respect for the vast majority of police officers who put their lives on the line to protect us every single day. They have got a dangerous job. It is a tough job.

And as I’ve said before, they have a right to go home to their families just like anybody else on the job. And there are going to be circumstances in which they have to make split-second decisions. We understand that."

He went on to say-

"And that the overwhelming majority of police officers who are doing a great job every single day and are doing their job without regard to race, that they encourage their leadership and organizations that represent them to get behind these recommendations.

They will have more cooperation. They will be safer. They will be more likely to come home. So it will be good for crime-fighting and it will avert tragedy."

I agree with him. The International Association of Chiefs of Police agrees with him (and has really pushed deescalation in recent years). We live in a violent society and have allowed 300 million guns to flood our streets. That puts police at risk like never before and what we ask of police simply is not fair or reasonable. But the simple fact is also that officers are demonstrably more likely to shoot a black man, even one like Castille who is not threatening them. Obama's DOJ did conduct reviews of use of force by several police departments and began efforts to root out a few bad cops and implement change that may someday improve police-community relationships. We have a very long way to go. but he recognized the problem and took a first step and I appreciate that.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I watched his comments on youtube given during the inital round of rioting- nothing like what you described. He gave longer comments which I have not recently watched after the grand jury declined to indict the officer, but I really doubt he said what you think he said. Prove me wrong- find it and post it up. Otherwise its just another Trumpkin claim unsupported by evidence.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: