WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A Pachnga 19 followed home today after I lost $1k.

doc_texoma

Reaction score
Gonna need lots but did come with motor and outdrive of unknown working status.. Just clicked when I tried to crank it.. Oil smelled, felt and tasted good (or at least not like some motors that have been full of water have felt and tasted in the past to me).. Some floor rot of course but I didn't see any telltale signs of transom rot. Very solid boat. Fiberglass liner which I love.. Paint is all screwed up and has been painted on by amateurs but I will be putting the wet sand method to it and stripping it down as much as I can.

As I am asking on a few other forums, where is the best place to hang out and ask for help during my restore? I am not a new boater, but other than small fixes I have never really worked on them much. Somehow even though this isn't a "tiny" boat, it felt like one that might not be so horrible to work on..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 14

AEA

Reaction score
There's lots of that kinda stuff going on at iboats.com.

Backlash

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

There are a lot of projects on this site and I think you will soon find out, there are also a lot of very knowledgeable people on River Dave's Place.

I would make this your first stop and ask any questions you may have. If someone on here cannot help you out, I would be awfully surprised. ;)

Pachanga 19 is a cool little boat. Not a lot of them floating around any more. I don't know a ton about that one but it looks like it has a nice semi-deep v. It could be a good starting point and a project you could learn a lot from.

Speaking for myself here, pictures are a good thing. They tell the story better than any narration and will help other viewers try to help you with whatever problem or issue you've found. So post them up as you move along.

I would start a thread in the "Other Projects" section further down the "Forum" page. The section where other boats have been restored and rejuvenated.

Good luck and keep us in the loop with your progress!

Welcome to the madness! :D

Henry

doc_texoma

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

There are a lot of projects on this site and I think you will soon find out, there are also a lot of very knowledgeable people on River Dave's Place.

I would make this your first stop and ask any questions you may have. If someone on here cannot help you out, I would be awfully surprised. ;)

Pachanga 19 is a cool little boat. Not a lot of them floating around any more. I don't know a ton about that one but it looks like it has a nice semi-deep v. It could be a good starting point and a project you could learn a lot from.

Speaking for myself here, pictures are a good thing. They tell the story better than any narration and will help other viewers try to help you with whatever problem or issue you've found. So post them up as you move along.

I would start a thread in the "Other Projects" section further down the "Forum" page. The section where other boats have been restored and rejuvenated.

Good luck and keep us in the loop with your progress!

Welcome to the madness! :D

Henry

Yes, somewhat of a rare boat.. I've owned lots of sport boats but never a Sea Ray.. I am a techie so yes, I will be blogging and posting and doing an entire dedicated section on my own forums in reference to the restore. Hoping the block isn't cracked.. But if it is its not going to be the end of the world..

Thanks for the awesome reply!

Backlash

Reaction score
Anytime Doc!

I know Sea Ray had problems with lamination issues during the late 80's but I think that was mostly with their larger PC's. If I remember correctly, the Pachanga line didn't share those same problems.

Take lots of photos and post them up. I know a lot of viewers enjoy seeing the progress and looking to see if other members are sharing the same issues or concerns.

Henry

DrHW

Reaction score
Actually, that is a nice looking Boat and I will be following thread and waiting for pictures. :D