WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A perfect example.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
As some of you know I’ve posted a few times about the “panic” going on in Anchorage according to the Anch Daily News. I get alerts on my phone.
Here is a perfect example of what is driving this rhetoric. It’s sad because just like any real problem, addressing it becomes a divisive issue with polar opposing sides and no common sense. Everyone suffers.

Bear in mind that Anchorage has a grand total of about 65 deaths all year long due to Covid...and that’s the max number even with all comorbidity issues.
The entire downtown is closed. No indoor dining or drinking period...and in Anchorage in November there is no outdoor dining.
All retail and other “open” business restricted to 25% occupancy.
Mask mandate 100%.
The 14 day quarantine I’m not sure if it’s still in effect or not. All this was implemented again last week.
65 covid deaths...all year long... with (like everywhere else) almost all with some sort of comorbidity.

So this is todays big headline. This is a 3 week old photo of the head of the nurses union. Notice her mask.
RBG mask...union chief...profiting off the hysteria she is creating right along with the bitch “reporter” who is driving the hysteria.
Pretty clear where their priorities lie.

65AF2CF2-8A4E-432F-8174-710C342DDFD4.png

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If Alaskans won’t stand up to the COVID bullshit who will?!

Backlash

Reaction score
Being trapped in California behind the iron curtain, I was hoping and praying the rough and tumble cowboys of the wild west would have led the fight against this nonsense....or, maybe the badass country boys of the deep South.... 🤷‍♂️

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Being trapped in California behind the iron curtain, I was hoping and praying the rough and tumble cowboys of the wild west would have led the fight against this nonsense....or, maybe the badass country boys of the deep South.... 🤷‍♂️

Anchorage is not rough and tumble anymore.
Fucking granola crunchers.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What world do you live in?
People stand up every day.

I agree. I just bring this up because the “rise up” and “stand up” talk is just useless platitudes.

We both agree that people are standing up daily. So why is it repeatedly asked here daily about when it will happen? It is happening so why the repeated and relentless and repeated calls to “stand up”?

Conversely, if you don’t think people are standing up now, what exactly is being requested? The town to abandon mask usage in unison and for everyone to just go back to normal life? That isn’t going to happen. For everyone to reject that the virus is a real threat? That isn’t going to happen either.

I agree the whole virus response thing is stupid. But people are also stupid, and as we all know, you can’t fix stupid.

There is a large percentage of the population that is still completely scared to go anywhere or do anything.

The mask and virus response tyranny is going to go largely unchecked. You know that and I know that. The vast majority of the populace is just going to adapt and deal with it.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
As nothing happening to bring hard evidence, fighting corruption, pandemic bs etc...apathy sets in, people throw in the towel saying ,fuck it. Apathy is unique that, it’s essentially the feeling of not feeling. :(

In Japan, more people died from suicide last month than from Covid in all of 2020. And women have been impacted most

Tokyo (CNN)Eriko Kobayashi has tried to kill herself four times.
The first time, she was just 22 years old with a full-time job in publishing that didn't pay enough to cover her rent and grocery bills in Tokyo. "I was really poor," said Kobayashi, who spent three days unconscious in hospital after the incident.
Now 43, Kobayashi has written books on her mental health struggles and has a steady job at an NGO. But the coronavirus is bringing back the stress she used to feel.
"My salary was cut, and I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel," she said. "I constantly feel a sense of crisis that I might fall back into poverty."
Experts have warned that the pandemic could lead to a mental health crisis. Mass unemployment, social isolation, and anxiety are taking their toll on people globally.
In Japan, government statistics show suicide claimed more lives in October than Covid-19 has over the entire year to date. The monthly number of Japanese suicides rose to 2,153 in October, according to Japan's National Police Agency. As of Friday, Japan's total Covid-19 toll was 2,087, the health ministry said.

Last edited: