WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

***A PLANET WITH NO PEOPLE ***

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was thinking.....as much as this planet keeps try'n to get rid of all the people... what would this planet be like with no people???? just animals...seems all people do is mess up everything...look what it looks like when people are done with something...piles and piles of garbage......we build … and when it's to old, we just moveon….between asphalt, concrete, and now solar panels...we take control of way more land than we need... and leave it a mess...… maybe this planet is done with people????

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The root of all evil is not money - it's population density. (JMHO)
I had a teacher for 8th grade science. We tended to have some pretty serious conflicts of personality, but one thing he said stuck with me for 30 years.

" You can give rats all the food and water they could possibly need or want, but eventually, there will come a tipping point. At some point, regardless of resource, they will start to kill each other. They will get too crowded, and cut their own numbers."

Probably some truth to that in humanity as well.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I had a teacher for 8th grade science. We tended to have some pretty serious conflicts of personality, but one thing he said stuck with me for 30 years.

" You can give rats all the food and water they could possibly need or want, but eventually, there will come a tipping point. At some point, regardless of resource, they will start to kill each other. They will get too crowded, and cut their own numbers."

Probably some truth to that in humanity as well.

What do you mean “probably some truth” lol?

People have been fighting to end each other since the dawn of time.

It’s really industrialization that “changed” the earth. When people went from living off the land to making the land work for them that was the pivot point, and from that point populations spiked.

If we were gone tomorrow, the earth would “take back” much of what we have built as a people in a couple hundred years.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It’s going to be “done”‘with a lot of Baby Boomers in a couple months, that is a fact....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What do you mean “probably some truth” lol?

People have been fighting to end each other since the dawn of time.

It’s really industrialization that “changed” the earth. When people went from living off the land to making the land work for them that was the pivot point, and from that point populations spiked.

If we were gone tomorrow, the earth would “take back” much of what we have built as a people in a couple hundred years.
What I was implying is within the confines of heavily populated areas, such as LA, New York and Chicago, the people will kill themselves off, without much help from the planet.

As for the planet and humanity, I've always thought George Carlin was right. The Earth has been here for a few billion years, humans are nothing more than a zit on it's ass. The planet will be fine. Every big storm or earthquake, she let's us know who's really in charge.

"All we are is dust in the wind"-Kansas

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What I was implying is within the confines of heavily populated areas, such as LA, New York and Chicago, the people will kill themselves off, without much help from the planet.

As for the planet and humanity, I've always thought George Carlin was right. The Earth has been here for a few billion years, humans are nothing more than a zit on it's ass. The planet will be fine. Every big storm or earthquake, she let's us know who's really in charge.

"All we are is dust in the wind"-Kansas

Understood your point, but I think that "killing each other off" in the dense population areas in modern times is done a different way than in the animal kingdom (unless we are talking about urban crime in those areas). Today people are "killing each other off" economically in those dense areas you mentioned, not physically ending lives, but ending means for them to exist successfully. So they either keep shriveling, or leave.

floatn turd

Reaction score
And the solution for overpopulation was discovered in 1973.............

Screenshot_20200330-084211_Chrome.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I was thinking.....as much as this planet keeps try'n to get rid of all the people... what would this planet be like with no people???? just animals...seems all people do is mess up everything...look what it looks like when people are done with something...piles and piles of garbage......we build … and when it's to old, we just moveon….between asphalt, concrete, and now solar panels...we take control of way more land than we need... and leave it a mess...… maybe this planet is done with people????

It wouldn’t be the first time.
Earth is figured to be 4.5 billion years “old”.
We tend to just automatically believe that “we” are the pinnacle of human development, and the one and only human race to ever populate earth.
The oldest existing race on earth is the Australian Aborigines, who migrated to what is now Australia up to 70,000 years ago.
But then we see that the first civilization is regarded as the Sumerians at around 4000 BC. The pyramids are thought to have been built around 3500 BC...although there are theories (with supporting evidence) that they were built much much earlier, back to 10,000 BC.

The Hopi Indians have passed down lore that we (as a species) are on our 3rd go ‘round...While the Myans said that humans are in the 5th population of this earth.
Before dismissing these things as uneducated mumbo jumbo from olden day savages, consider that the Myans knew pretty much everything about space and time that we know today...and they didn’t have IPhones.

We don’t know shit about anything concerning human history. There are GIANT gaps in even our most recent history.

We’ve been here before, we’ve wasted ourselves before or had it done for us.
Hell we may not even be indigenous to this earth. We don’t know.
We like to think we know, but we really don’t.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
In the history of the world, nothing has killed more people than religion.
Maaaaaan 100%

Actually, depending on sources, religion tips in around #3 on the list after land and power consolidation. But it’s hard to say because many wars are fought under the guise of religion...which equates to land and power consolidation.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Actually, depending on sources, religion tips in around #3 on the list after land and power consolidation. But it’s hard to say because many wars are fought under the guise of religion...which equates to land and power consolidation.

Religion = land and power consolidation.

buck35

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be the first time.
Earth is figured to be 4.5 billion years “old”.
We tend to just automatically believe that “we” are the pinnacle of human development, and the one and only human race to ever populate earth.
The oldest existing race on earth is the Australian Aborigines, who migrated to what is now Australia up to 70,000 years ago.
But then we see that the first civilization is regarded as the Sumerians at around 4000 BC. The pyramids are thought to have been built around 3500 BC...although there are theories (with supporting evidence) that they were built much much earlier, back to 10,000 BC.

The Hopi Indians have passed down lore that we (as a species) are on our 3rd go ‘round...While the Myans said that humans are in the 5th population of this earth.
Before dismissing these things as uneducated mumbo jumbo from olden day savages, consider that the Myans knew pretty much everything about space and time that we know today...and they didn’t have IPhones.

We don’t know shit about anything concerning human history. There are GIANT gaps in even our most recent history.

We’ve been here before, we’ve wasted ourselves before or had it done for us.
Hell we may not even be indigenous to this earth. We don’t know.
We like to think we know, but we really don’t.

There's a show on the Mayans on national geographic HD right now.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Religion = land and power consolidation.

It’s a popular expression, I used to believe it as well. But, historically speaking religion is not the main cause for war or deaths.
But then again I am not a fan of religion so I see it as a cloak.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It’s a popular expression, I used to believe it as well. But, historically speaking religion is not the main cause for war or deaths.
But then again I am not a fan of religion so I see it as a cloak.

I agree, but there are religious over/undertones tied to those main causes of war and death. And it depends on what side you are on or viewing the events from. The "War on Terror" for us is a "Holy War" to the other side. At a minimum that is the cloak thrown over it anyway. :)

Last edited:

HotRod82

Reaction score
C'mon guys, instead of fantasizing about no more people, let's talk about how cool it would be if the dinosaurs came back. Now THAT would be cool!
"Hey did you hear what happened to RD? T-rex got him coming out of the China buffet"...........lol.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
C'mon guys, instead of fantasizing about no more people, let's talk about how cool it would be if the dinosaurs came back. Now THAT would be cool!

Now THAT would be freaking awesome!!!

Driving through Utah sometimes I can almost imagine those bastards lurking around.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There has always been a mixing of religion and power causing harm to one faction or another. The Medici family brought the wrath of the Pope, and later had 4 individuals from their family become Pope. The family were the first incarnation of what we think of as "big banks". They controlled the money, placed allies in political offices and maintained the appearance of just businessmen.

I'm sure the numbers have changed, and the titles, but I'm also sure it happened with other civilizations both before and after.

D19

Reaction score

Ya the religion of social eugenics, Darwinism and pseudoscience which all stem back to satanic worship.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There's a show on the Mayans on national geographic HD right now.

I saw a show a while back where they calculated that the Myan 5000 year calendar came out to an accuracy that was said to be spot on within 0.0002 of a second over 5000 years...0.0005 of a second more accurate than the atomic clock in Switzerland.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There has always been a mixing of religion and power causing harm to one faction or another. The Medici family brought the wrath of the Pope, and later had 4 individuals from their family become Pope. The family were the first incarnation of what we think of as "big banks". They controlled the money, placed allies in political offices and maintained the appearance of just businessmen.

I'm sure the numbers have changed, and the titles, but I'm also sure it happened with other civilizations both before and after.

Knights Templar are a good example. Their banking system across all of the Mediterranean was the basis of their existence and their power. It wasn’t the basis of their creation, but it matured into that.
By establishing a depository and withdraw system backed by physical assets, the travelers that the knights protected no longer had to carry their valuables on them. It got so big that they actually financed Countries.
But...when the King of France ended up owing them more than France was worth (tongue in cheek) he had them all arrested on Heresy charges and just killed them. (Year 1312 I think)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I agree, but there are religious over/undertones tied to those main causes of war and death. And it depends on what side you are on or viewing the events from. The "War on Terror" for us is a "Holy War" to the other side. At a minimum that is the cloak thrown over it anyway. :)

Yeah. That is a good way to get combatants to commit 100%.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The root of all evil is not money - it's population density. (JMHO)

Population density = too many people. This has been an issue for decades. Anyone remember the ZPG movement (Zero Population Growth)? Mother Nature or God, depending on your beliefs, seems to be addressing that right now.

I think it's more that people never have enough.....I only have 2 rv's and 2 pontoons.... but that doesn't stop me from looking on craigslist everyday...lol

I think it's that you have a lot of time on your hands :)

squeezer

Reaction score

Actually its Malaria... Said to be responsible for 50% of deaths in the entire history of the planet.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Who or whatever pronounces they are the leader will never not be challenged by those who are not. Viscous life cycle.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Religion is simply the way the powerful motivate the ignorant masses to do their bidding. Nothing more motivating than a cause.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Religion is simply the way the powerful motivate the ignorant masses to do their bidding. Nothing more motivating than a cause.

I view religion as the result of an imperfect understanding of the source of humanity post Genesis Flood.
What was once “common knowledge” based on actual events turned into mysticism and faith after that. In short, the flood worked, otherwise we wouldn’t ever debate it.
A “memory wipe” as it were.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
A PLANET WITH NO PEOPLE, I saw that on TWILIGHT ZONE few nights ago.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Knights Templar are a good example. Their banking system across all of the Mediterranean was the basis of their existence and their power. It wasn’t the basis of their creation, but it matured into that.
By establishing a depository and withdraw system backed by physical assets, the travelers that the knights protected no longer had to carry their valuables on them. It got so big that they actually financed Countries.
But...when the King of France ended up owing them more than France was worth (tongue in cheek) he had them all arrested on Heresy charges and just killed them. (Year 1312 I think)
Sealed orders to be opened on the 12th, to occur the following day...thus bringing us Friday the 13th...not the movies.
The Templar are a whole other subject onto themselves. Lots of good reading. I like them and the Masons...a lot of historical ties.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sealed orders to be opened on the 12th, to occur the following day...thus bringing us Friday the 13th...not the movies.
The Templar are a whole other subject onto themselves. Lots of good reading. I like them and the Masons...a lot of historical ties.

Yep. Friday October 13 1307 was the order.
Although I’ve read that that isn’t actually the origin of bad luck Friday the 13th.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
"Hey did you hear what happened to RD? T-rex got him coming out of the China buffet"...........lol.

That's almost some sig line shit right there!! Just the quote would be perfect...

😁