WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

***A PLANET WITH NO PEOPLE ***

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
But...when the King of France ended up owing them more than France was worth (tongue in cheek) he had them all arrested on Heresy charges and just killed them. (Year 1312 I think)

Pretty much what the USA will do if anyone comes asking for their monies due.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Maybe!

I posted this image earlier and asked if anyone could guess how old it is.
It’s a trick question. No one knows how old it is because it’s on freaking mars, not earth.

View attachment 860805
Sooo, what you're saying is this is a picture of Vegas post-apocalypse? :oops:

There have been rumors of structures on both the moon, and Mars. Never thought about them being ruins from our ancestors. I always figured after humanity popped up, the neighbors split. Never crossed my mind we just kept moving on as another planet was wasted.

spectras only

Reaction score
The way population is growing [ remember, in the mid 60's 3 B people ] we've now 8 billion, only ones who were counted in around the world, it could be way more, Won't take another 50 years to reach the breaking point of 15 billion worldwide to feed people. Agricultural land that is arable is set to support ca 15 billion. according to scientists reported 15-20 years ago. The Amazon forest is also decimated by farmers keep moving to new land because, not much nutrient in the ground that was covered under the canopy of trees for ever.
Yep, Charlton Heston movie Soylent Green is a reminder what could be next for future generations. :eek:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
There is a planet out there..... inhabitted entirely....... by alien robots ! :oops:
Really!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Regarding the Rain Forest, O2 scrubbing etc.....
Estimated 3 times more trees on Earth today than 500 years ago because of reseeding and firefighters and simple training by Smokey the Bear. According to the U.S. Forestry service.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sooo, what you're saying is this is a picture of Vegas post-apocalypse? :oops:

There have been rumors of structures on both the moon, and Mars. Never thought about them being ruins from our ancestors. I always figured after humanity popped up, the neighbors split. Never crossed my mind we just kept moving on as another planet was wasted.

Could be!! Lol

That picture is claimed to be from one of the Mars probes.
There are a lot of NASA pictures of shit on the moon as well, although it seems the moon images are a little more open to interpretation. I don’t know any more than anyone else does, but I do believe that when men that have walked on the moon and orbited the moon talk about it it’s worth considering.

Here’s what makes me believe that anything is possible, and what we think we know is akin to knowing almost nothing at all.

The universe is calculated to be almost 14 billion years “old”...the earth itself is calculated to be about 4 1/2 billion years old.
Homo Sapiens (as of 2017) are now thought to have been first present about 350,000 years ago according to actual bones.
Now I haven’t done the math, but 350,000 years is what percentage of 4 1/2 billion years?

We don’t know what existed 15 billion years ago before the universe, we don’t know what has gone on with earth for 4 1/2 billion years.

Hell, anything earlier than 3100 BC is pretty much guesswork based on pre biblical transcript...and we all know how those interpretations go.

So imo, for us to think we are the Grand Poohba’s of the universe, or that mankind as we know it has been the only presence on earth over billions of years is, like, the most ridiculous notion ever.

There is a theory that we are visiting ourselves here on earth from the future.
Robert Bigelow (yeah, that Robert Bigelow) bought the “skinwalker” ranch in Utah to research that very phenomenon, time portals specifically.
He owned it for like 7 years, employing a team with a wide array of PHD’s with a full lab setups, security, surveillance etc, then Segway’d into Bigelow Aerospace and got $22 million backdoor funds from Harry Reid specifically for research into extraterrestrial contact.
It’s easy to say that a rich eccentric billionaire is just being goofy and eccentric, but it’s held his undivided interest for many years now.

I just think it’s fascinating to think beyond what we are erroneously taught, and especially fascinating to listen to learned scientists, heads of State, astronauts, NASA personnel, Guys like former Skunk Works heads, basically a laundry list of people WAY smarter than me and at the absolute top of their fields, when they talk matter of factly about these topics.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The “history of the world” is measured in billions of years.
The existence of Homo sapien (people) is measured in hundreds of thousands of years.

“Religion” is a modern construct by any measure. Even pre biblical.
To say that religion has killed more humans than anything else in the “History of the world” is patently absurd.

It’s not even the number one cause of war historically.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Could be!! Lol

That picture is claimed to be from one of the Mars probes.
There are a lot of NASA pictures of shit on the moon as well, although it seems the moon images are a little more open to interpretation. I don’t know any more than anyone else does, but I do believe that when men that have walked on the moon and orbited the moon talk about it it’s worth considering.

Here’s what makes me believe that anything is possible, and what we think we know is akin to knowing almost nothing at all.

The universe is calculated to be almost 14 billion years “old”...the earth itself is calculated to be about 4 1/2 billion years old.
Homo Sapiens (as of 2017) are now thought to have been first present about 350,000 years ago according to actual bones.
Now I haven’t done the math, but 350,000 years is what percentage of 4 1/2 billion years?

We don’t know what existed 15 billion years ago before the universe, we don’t know what has gone on with earth for 4 1/2 billion years.

Hell, anything earlier than 3100 BC is pretty much guesswork based on pre biblical transcript...and we all know how those interpretations go.

So imo, for us to think we are the Grand Poohba’s of the universe, or that mankind as we know it has been the only presence on earth over billions of years is, like, the most ridiculous notion ever.

There is a theory that we are visiting ourselves here on earth from the future.
Robert Bigelow (yeah, that Robert Bigelow) bought the “skinwalker” ranch in Utah to research that very phenomenon, time portals specifically.
He owned it for like 7 years, employing a team with a wide array of PHD’s with a full lab setups, security, surveillance etc, then Segway’d into Bigelow Aerospace and got $22 million backdoor funds from Harry Reid specifically for research into extraterrestrial contact.
It’s easy to say that a rich eccentric billionaire is just being goofy and eccentric, but it’s held his undivided interest for many years now.

I just think it’s fascinating to think beyond what we are erroneously taught, and especially fascinating to listen to learned scientists, heads of State, astronauts, NASA personnel, Guys like former Skunk Works heads, basically a laundry list of people WAY smarter than me and at the absolute top of their fields, when they talk matter of factly about these topics.
I have come to realize that the more I learn, the less I actually know. At first, I only thought about it in relation to my parents, and growing up. Then, I started applying the same logic to my world view. When you know the basics of anything you are taught, you seem to take them for granted, as "truths". If you delve a bit deeper, you tend to find things like "laws" of physics, are actually just truths under given parameters. 70 years ago, Einstein himself was questioning these things. He was a lot smarter than me, and he still didn't have it all figured out.

Then you have our country. We hired the man responsible for many rocket attacks on allied forces. He became the head of NASA, and most of his designs are still in use today. The last guy responsible for rocket attacks on our own soldiers, we droned...he had nothing to offer to further our country.

Best quote I've ever read about American technology, but I can't for the life of me remember who, "Anything you can imagine, we've already done. We are now working on the things you can't imagine." The whos, whys and hows are what make me think we, as humans, are far from being the top of the intergalactic heap.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have come to realize that the more I learn, the less I actually know. At first, I only thought about it in relation to my parents, and growing up. Then, I started applying the same logic to my world view. When you know the basics of anything you are taught, you seem to take them for granted, as "truths". If you delve a bit deeper, you tend to find things like "laws" of physics, are actually just truths under given parameters. 70 years ago, Einstein himself was questioning these things. He was a lot smarter than me, and he still didn't have it all figured out.

Then you have our country. We hired the man responsible for many rocket attacks on allied forces. He became the head of NASA, and most of his designs are still in use today. The last guy responsible for rocket attacks on our own soldiers, we droned...he had nothing to offer to further our country.

Best quote I've ever read about American technology, but I can't for the life of me remember who, "Anything you can imagine, we've already done. We are now working on the things you can't imagine." The whos, whys and hows are what make me think we, as humans, are far from being the top of the intergalactic heap.

That quote was from Ben Rich, director of Lockheed Martin Skunk Works and “father” of the stealth fighter and bomber.

And yes, Werner Von Braun was the Nazi that put us on the moon!

Last edited: