WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A pool with no light..?!

Turnup

Reaction score
Anyone come across this scenario?!

I bought a house that was roached out but the owner had the pool plastered recently, I thought cool 5k less I would have to put into the budget. We get a few weeks in and I realize theres no light, or niche, nada..wtf. I'm thinking they had a problem with it and said cover it or it wasn't built with one originally. Looking for some options on how to get one done or maybe LED waterproof strip or somethin...??!!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
A buddy of mine bought a kinda cool ryobi floating light and Bluetooth stereo thing.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Somewhere online I saw led strips that were for under the edge of the coping. Couldn't tell how to safely wire something like that though.

Reactions: DWC

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Technically it’s not “required” to have a light. But pretty rare unless it’s an early 60s or earlier budget pool
And yes more likely it was either bad niche or conduit. Price was prob higher then who ever paid for plaster wanted to pay to sell the house. So screw it. Fill it, new owners won’t know until it’s to late. Technically not a disclosure issue. Soooo that sucks. Lol

Depending on deck best bet would be small led. Drain pool core drill hole. Water jet under deck if planter close. Then run conduit to where you can get power from. Likely gonna be 2000 range to add light. More if Concrete has to be removed and replaced. Less if 3ft deck to go under into planter with power right there.

Turnup

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to coring a small hole for a non niche light but I don't want to end up having to replaster the hole pool if it can be avoided. I have a buyer locked in and this is their only hang up on the deal. I was also thinking the strip light deal under coping and pop thru under the diving board could work if someone has install suggestions on making it stay in place.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
You don’t need to Re Plaster Pool.
Diamond Core drill pool side is pretty clean cut hole 2in bit. Use a micro bright light or similar. Fits into pool flush mount fitting. Gets epoxy set inside core hole. Then epoxy or plaster patch around it. Install would be barely visible to the average eye. Key is need planter or something directly beyond pool to be able to take conduit to.

Turnup

Reaction score
You think drain down a couple feet? Not completely ya, and hope you don't hit metal !

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
You think drain down a couple feet? Not completely ya, and hope you don't hit metal !
I’m thinking that’s fine if your doing it. Lol
If I’m doing it your pool is getting drained empty
No ones gonna want to core drill hanging upside down through 6-12in thick gunite/Shotcrete. Then water jet conduit under deck, push pull hammering back n forth to get it though soil. plus mud from that will be dumping into pool. With another mess to deal with.
Drain it all the way, likely light wash after work done.

caribbean20

Reaction score

Turnup

Reaction score
I guess I could try that and change the timer to run into dusk and night lol

River Runnin

Reaction score
1589986872843.png

😆

DLC

Reaction score
Why don’t you post some pics of the pool and the surrounding area so MYV can tell you what he would do and where....

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I am wondering if you possibly have a fiber optic light and don’t know it or the pool had one and since they were such junk they cut it out and plastered over it. The fiber optic light sometimes looks like a regular pool fitting since it’s only 2 to 3 inches in diameter.

Turnup

Reaction score
I am wondering if you possibly have a fiber optic light and don’t know it or the pool had one and since they were such junk they cut it out and plastered over it. The fiber optic light sometimes looks like a regular pool fitting since it’s only 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
Dude, from the recovery room?? I feel special 🤘
Ya I'm pretty sure the dude I bought it from cheesed out on replacing one and covered it up. I got them to take 2400 bucks in credits and STFU about it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Pool lights are awesome!

Here’s mine

IMG_4535.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro