WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

a short video of a very clean Spectra 20'

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I believe that is Forensics boat. It’s beautiful.

Love the phrase at the very end of the video. That’s how it’s done lol

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I love how his boat came out.....still waiting for part 3 RD! :rolleyes:

Wonder what it ever ended up running..I know it came out around 580HP.

sintax

Reaction score

Thats easy, its a jet boat so i'm sure its just a hair over 100mph

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Thats easy, its a jet boat so i'm sure its just a hair over 100mph

I'm betting it runs around 70-73 with half fuel and 1 passenger, they are heavy little fuckers.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s moved in well over a year and a half. Its sitting in my storage. It is beautiful. It was done at Islander after my 24 was done. Rick did some great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
This Spectra 20, is one of the cleanest set ups, I've ever seen, we'll done!

Thanks man. Where did you find that video? I took it on my cell, I guess I uploaded it somewhere but don't remember where.
Edit - Found it on my youtube channel. /derp

I believe that is Forensics boat. It’s beautiful.

Love the phrase at the very end of the video. That’s how it’s done lol

You are correct.
That lady was funny, took her little dog for a 'walk' but never made it past the boat.

You and me both.

The guys over at Clay Smith misread the porting sheet and did a full river race job on the heads. Lucky me but we aren't seeing the performance out of the Spectra. She hits a wail at 59MPH with RPMs left on the table.

I'm betting it runs around 70-73 with half fuel and 1 passenger, they are heavy little fuckers.

59-61 depending on the wind ;)

I don’t think it’s moved in well over a year and a half. Its sitting in my storage. It is beautiful. It was done at Islander after my 24 was done. Rick did some great work.

Yea, yea. At least I know it's seen once in a while and not unknowingly getting cut up in someones back yard.
I thought Cheer was over last year but my daughter wanted back. I've been promised it's ending in May now.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Something definitely wrong there...with a place diverter and 150HP more than I have in mine, it should hit 70 at least.

What RPM was it at when it hit the wall?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Thanks man. Where did you find that video? I took it on my cell, I guess I uploaded it somewhere but don't remember where.
Edit - Found it on my youtube channel. /derp

You are correct.
That lady was funny, took her little dog for a 'walk' but never made it past the boat.

You and me both.

The guys over at Clay Smith misread the porting sheet and did a full river race job on the heads. Lucky me but we aren't seeing the performance out of the Spectra. She hits a wail at 59MPH with RPMs left on the table.

59-61 depending on the wind ;)

Yea, yea. At least I know it's seen once in a while and not unknowingly getting cut up in someones back yard.
I thought Cheer was over last year but my daughter wanted back. I've been promised it's ending in May now.

Lol. Get your ass out here and run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
Something definitely wrong there...with a place diverter and 150HP more than I have in mine, it should hit 70 at least.

What RPM was it at when it hit the wall?

Well, let me first say, I haven't given Bob anything to work with after picking it up. I left the boat in Parker and that's been that for a while now.

It goes good, like real good, right up to 59 and that's it. I want to say it's around 4600rpm maybe a little less. It's a super cruiser right now. I can get decent speed and the motor hardly works. If I leave it I'll have a motor that hasn't been abused. If I change it, it will be more fun.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I confused his stock motor build with your refresh, what did your motor end up making?

If you have not been in her since the first float, then you just need to dial it in, the drop snoot might be too much etc.

When you get around to getting her in the water again, I am sure you will sort it out, Bob seems like he knows his stuff.

If your motor was done anywhere near like the stock build he posted up, I am sure you are in the 70's once it's sorted out.