WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A very cool story from the Needles Boat Show - Flat Flyn

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

tony

Reaction score
Who's the other camera operator that kept getting in your shot!!! I wanted to punch that fucker couldn't he see your doing an interveiw WTF doesn't he know your riverFUCKING DAVE!!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who's the other camera operator that kept getting in your shot!!! I wanted to punch that fucker couldn't he see your doing an interveiw WTF doesn't he know your riverFUCKING DAVE!!!!!

That was Rich and he was "technically" filming the actual interview.. LOL I had Mike grab the cell phone and film it as well as a back up.

I put the cell phone one up, because I wasn't sure how long it was going to take to get it online, and as you can see from the video he was a little "wobbly" already in the afternoon.. ;) :D

RD

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Cool Story! That's awesome

Maestro

Reaction score
:skull
guess I should watch the vid first, posted the other boat in the background

Taboma

Reaction score

I'm with you on that, who the fuck is he, who does he represent and why couldn't he just back off and wait his turn ? :thumbsdown:thumbsdown

I finally got so frustrated I stopped watching the video, that shit is flat out rude, not withstanding the Riverfucking Dave aspect.

But to end on a positive Great Fucking Video :thumbup::thumbup:

tony

Reaction score
I work for the studios and it reminds me when you have an action scene and you put A and B camera hand held to give it some life and energy and the operators always fight for position and cut each other off to get the best shot!!!!:eek

Taboma

Reaction score
That was Rich and he was "technically" filming the actual interview.. LOL I had Mike grab the cell phone and film it as well as a back up.

I put the cell phone one up, because I wasn't sure how long it was going to take to get it online, and as you can see from the video he was a little "wobbly" already in the afternoon.. ;) :D

RD

OOPS, never mind :rolleyes

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

I put the cell phone one up, becauseI wasn't sure how long it was going to take to get it online, and as you can see from the video he was a little "wobbly" already in the afternoon.. ;) :D

RD

Could have been years!!!! lol!!!

Here's a little more in depth look at the "Overhaul".

[video=youtube;6xPoOliphn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xPoOliphn0[/video]

Hammer

Reaction score

RD

I'm with you on that, who the fuck is he, who does he represent and why couldn't he just back off and wait his turn ? :thumbsdown:thumbsdown

I finally got so frustrated I stopped watching the video, that shit is flat out rude, not withstanding the Riverfucking Dave aspect.

I work for the studios and it reminds me when you have an action scene and you put A and B camera hand held to give it some life and energy and the operators always fight for position and cut each other off to get the best shot!!!!:eek

Could have been years!!!! lol!!!

Here's a little more in depth look at the "Overhaul".

[video=youtube;6xPoOliphn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xPoOliphn0[/video]

LMAO :D I kept jockeying for position, I almost gave up filming.....

I figured I better keep going just in case rich's footage never sees the light of day ! Turned out ok considering.... Haha

Killer video Jerry, I like the fact that it shows what the boat used to look like !

Nice to finally meet you as well ! Honcho was mooovinnn' ! :thumbup:

Hammer

Reaction score

RD

I wasn't "wobbly" , I was playing jump rope with the mic cord. LOL

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Nice to finally meet you as well ! Honcho was mooovinnn' ! :thumbup:

Likewise! And thanks! I thought my valve springs were bad but all it needed was a set of plugs. :thumbup: Now it's broke (a little) :D

I've been hangin out with Rich before all y'all and I've always considered him a good friend. When it comes to video he's amazing, when it comes to partying he's well,,, right up there with some of you guys. :D

flatnutz110

Reaction score
Ryan is one of the nicest guys you will meet, unless you are a pig and he is in a tree.:champagne:

Hammer

Reaction score
Likewise! And thanks! I thought my valve springs were bad but all it needed was a set of plugs. :thumbup: Now it's broke (a little) :D

I've been hangin out with Rich before all y'all and I've always considered him a good friend. When it comes to video he's amazing, when it comes to partying he's well,,, right up there with some of you guys. :D

Did you get that water line fixed to go for another run on Sunday ?

"The dude" (rich) knows his shit when it comes to video... Fun to party with as well....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I wasn't "wobbly" , I was playing jump rope with the mic cord. LOL

I wasn't saying you were "wobbly" Mike.. I was saying Rich was a little "wobbly" LOL

RD

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
My VERY small part in this 'Overhaulin' was to keep my big mouth shut (you see...sometimes I've been known to over-serve myself) and since Ryan was sharing my motorhome this Overhaulin' weekend...I was on my best behavior to NOT over-serve myself on Thursday nite and 'spill-the-beans' while headed for sleepy time before the big reveal. I could see myself three-quarters shit-faced and headed for bed and saying to Ryan..."Dude...wait til you see what's coming tomorrow for you from the Overhaulin' Dudes..." or some other dumb-assed drunken comments.

Secondly, my part was to agree with every request that Ryan made prior to the weekend. I knew the boat was supposed to be Concept Marine for a remote oil filter mount and other little work. When the the Needles show was coming up within a week or so...Ryan called and asked me to go by Concept and pickup his boat and bring it to Needles with me....."Sure Little Buddy...whatever you need! Call Concept and let John know that I'll pick it up Thursday at 1:00pm on my way to Needles..."

I am greatfull for friends like Ryan, Dirk, Billy, RCL, Jerry, Terry, Rick (Nutz), Steve, Armen, Hud, Bruce, Wayne and all of the NRKA Krew....luv all y'all!

Carl

PS. Froggy don't fix Krew...it goes with Billy's shop...Krazy Kolors......see how it goes?

:D

Hammer

Reaction score
My VERY small part in this 'Overhaulin' was to keep my big mouth shut (you see...sometimes I've been known to over-serve myself) and since Ryan was sharing my motorhome this Overhaulin' weekend...I was on my best behavior to NOT over-serve myself on Thursday nite and 'spill-the-beans' while headed for sleepy time before the big reveal. I could see myself three-quarters shit-faced and headed for bed and saying to Ryan..."Dude...wait til you see what's coming tomorrow for you from the Overhaulin' Dudes..." or some other dumb-assed drunken comments.

Secondly, my part was to agree with every request that Ryan made prior to the weekend. I knew the boat was supposed to be Concept Marine for a remote oil filter mount and other little work. When the the Needles show was coming up within a week or so...Ryan called and asked me to go by Concept and pickup his boat and bring it to Needles with me....."Sure Little Buddy...whatever you need! Call Concept and let John know that I'll pick it up Thursday at 1:00pm on my way to Needles..."

I am greatfull for friends like Ryan, Dirk, Billy, RCL, Jerry, Terry, Rick (Nutz), Steve, Armen, Hud, Bruce, Wayne and all of the NRKA Krew....luv all y'all!

Carl

PS. Froggy don't fix Krew...it goes with Billy's shop...Krazy Kolors......see how it goes?

The NRKA Krew are a bunch of great guys, as Pink Taco would put it, Old Skool Cool ! :thumbup:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Did you get that water line fixed to go for another run on Sunday ?

Yeah it got fixed thanks to Wayne and an extra "non bushing" shaft seal that I happened to have in the truck. :D

I was able to make some laps out front of Needles Marina park and then cruised down to Jack Smith and made a little more noise and then came back up river towards the park. As I passed the park entrance I saw what looked like a sheriffs boat heading down river towards me so I spun a u-turn and aimed back at the marina entrance. At this point I'm thinking great, I'll possibly get busted for no CF numbers or registration stickers but he cruised right on by as I proceeded to head in.

Back on the trailer I realized the front blower seal had let go and got started cleaning up the mess and loading up the boat while Carl supervised. :)

1008706_10202063856530347_1436408194_o.jpg

Carl

Carl, thanks for the words you're good people and we're lucky to have you. :thumbup:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
as humans go that is an awesome bunch there. nice to see:thumbup:

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Yeah it got fixed thanks to Wayne and an extra "non bushing" shaft seal that I happened to have in the truck. :D

I was able to make some laps out front of Needles Marina park and then cruised down to Jack Smith and made a little more noise and then came back up river towards the park. As I passed the park entrance I saw what looked like a sheriffs boat heading down river towards me so I spun a u-turn and aimed back at the marina entrance. At this point I'm thinking great, I'll possibly get busted for no CF numbers or registration stickers but he cruised right on by as I proceeded to head in.

Back on the trailer I realized the front blower seal had let go and got started cleaning up the mess and loading up the boat while Carl supervised. :)

1008706_10202063856530347_1436408194_o.jpg

Carl, thanks for the words you're good people and we're lucky to have you. :thumbup:

Recap of photo....Carl Supervising, Marianne watching, Tom's kid watching, Ryan loading Jerry's boat, Dirk loading Jerry's boat....

Jerry?

fltflyn

Flatties.......What else?
Reaction score
I am still in shock and awe on this whole thing. It's amazing it was kept a secret. I wouldn't change a thing on the boat. It's perfect!!! Dirk and Marianne, Billy B, John Cogan, Rick King, Bobby B, Carl, HUD and all of the NRKA Thank you for overhaulin me and being the greatest group of family on the planet.
7a7uzuja.jpg
vezyruja.jpg
bu7u3u8y.jpg
ejuny8uj.jpg
ry6y2y9a.jpg
u9y6a2u6.jpg
mege3ute.jpg
3y5enutu.jpg

FlatNv

Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, congrats little buddy, wish I could have been there :thumbup:

missed you @ needles,good to see you posting again, hope all is well :tbi

Very cool story says a lot about Ryan AND his boss (my understanding scratched the check for it:thumbsup)