WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AAA or Allstate Roadside Assistance...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I have never had roadside assistance insurance until last year when I added it to my Allstate auto insurance policy. I added it because I was taking a road trip from Everett WA to Sacramento and back towing my brothers enclosed trailer to move my girlfriend to our new to us home in WA. I didn't trust the trailer, even though I had the wheel bearings and tires replaced before departing.

Anyhow, it costs about 110.00 per year and I really never checked in to the specifics of the coverage. Has anyone had both and have experience using them? 100 bucks a year seems inexpensive, but my now wife and I haven't taken many road trips in the last year and as of now are not towing anything. I have a company provided crew cab truck with 4WD and all the basic necessities and am allowed to use it for personnel use so it gets used for most trips.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I had it thru USAA.
Hit an unmarked construction zone at speed, blew 2 tires.

Didn't file a claim, tires were covered by road-hazard thru Discount Tire.
Got dinged for an at-fault incident, my rates went up slightly.

Dropped the towing coverage and now use AAA for towing.
I don't need my insurance company to know anything more about me/my driving habits than necessary.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I used State Farm RSA it kicked ass both times. Had my RV towed when I blew a tranny line. Blew a tire on it also, sent a truck out. Had to pay for that one but was reimbursed 100%. We have Allstate on the other vehicles but haven’t had to use it.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I have never had roadside assistance insurance until last year when I added it to my Allstate auto insurance policy. I added it because I was taking a road trip from Everett WA to Sacramento and back towing my brothers enclosed trailer to move my girlfriend to our new to us home in WA. I didn't trust the trailer, even though I had the wheel bearings and tires replaced before departing.

Anyhow, it costs about 110.00 per year and I really never checked in to the specifics of the coverage. Has anyone had both and have experience using them? 100 bucks a year seems inexpensive, but my now wife and I haven't taken many road trips in the last year and as of now are not towing anything. I have a company provided crew cab truck with 4WD and all the basic necessities and am allowed to use it for personnel use so it gets used for most trips.
Fuck Allstate. Was gonna take them 3 hours to get a tow for my totaled car. Several tow companies were within minutes of my location. It was the middle of August. I ran home and grabbed a strap and drug it back.

Singleton

Reaction score
AAA for the automobiles
GoodSams for the ToyHauler

Sangerdog

Reaction score
I use AAA never had a problem with towing. always covered and fast to respond.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
AAA for 40 years. Looking back It would be cheaper to be self insured, banking that money and paying out of pocket. That said my dually and boat were towed 65 miles, covered 100% with RV-Plus coverage. My girls used it countless times because they locked keys in the car. My wife drives a car with no spare... priceless. My motorcycle was towed several times to the dealer for service 20 miles away when I had no way to do it myself. I have also used the Battery service at least 5 times.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I have the highest level AAA. Gold or platinum or some shit like that. Last year we sheared the distributor in our dually out in bakersfeild towing a 26’ enclosed trailer. They put the truck on a flat bed and hitched the trailer to the same truck. Drove us all the way to Huntington Beach. Nothing out of pocket. I was so stoked i tipped the guy $100. I have had AAA for 20 years and will continue to keep it.

motormonkey

Reaction score
AAA for 27 years. They have never let me down. I have been towed from outside of Penelton to Simi a few times to go home for weekend and drive back. LOL.
I know I got my money's worth and pretty sure they cringe when I re up every year.
Also DMV services and auto insurance get gold stars.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. We will be going with triple A.

riverrat707

Reaction score
I just spoke to AAA yesterday to verify my roadside coverage and found out my RV Plus coverage does not cover boat trailers. She put me on hold to verify with her supervisor. She said AAA does not offer any plans that cover boat trailers. I hope she was wrong since we split boat time between saltwater and the river.