WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Abacos trip rough cut.

Backlash

Reaction score
Awesome video!! Wish we were there right now!

Eddie "The Rock" Pinder. Green Turtle Key. ;)

Somehow him and I are related..... I just haven't connected the dots yet. My Grandmother's last name was originally Pinder and she is from Green Turtle Key. We ran into Eddie on our last trip to the Abacos and had a good time with him. He's a crackup!!!! :D

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
Do the authorities often check for passports when you go to Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale by boat?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Nice work Bling...always give us something to shoot for! Looks like an amazing trip.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Do the authorities often check for passports when you go to Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale by boat?
You have to be 100%. Passports, clearing paper work etc.. They also will some times check what you've brought in your boat. This trip was the first time I was pulled up to and basically boarded by the Bahamian water authorities, we were in the middle of nowhere. They came in hot with about 4 boats, all boats they were on looked to be ones that have been seized. It aint no joke.

When you get to your clearing port there's a system of flags that need to fly and only the captain of the boat can step off to the dock when told. Once your cleared then the rest of the boat is able to go on shore for clearing. Some ports are way more stricked, in the Abacos I'd use the one at Spanish cay.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Bad. Ass. Looks awesome Greg!
Almost 700 miles on the boat on this trip. Super nice place first time to the Abacos, If I had to choose i'd go to the Exzumas. The Abacos is an easier run, more to do, more housing at a more affordable price, way more sharks, and if you have an issue more help is at hand. Exzumas, the water is more blue and clear, more beaches, but if you have an issue its takes a bunch of money and time to get it handled if that makes sense.

The part of the vid with the sharks, my guide and I Eddie, we jumped in the water when we first got to that reef too blow up some hog snapper. We weren't in the water for more then 30 seconds heading to a nice 20-25' reef and these 2 sharks would not let us near. Fucking aggressive, don't know what they were protecting.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Awesome video!! Wish we were there right now!

Eddie "The Rock" Pinder. Green Turtle Key. ;)

Somehow him and I are related..... I just haven't connected the dots yet. My Grandmother's last name was originally Pinder and she is from Green Turtle Key. We ran into Eddie on our last trip to the Abacos and had a good time with him. He's a crackup!!!! :D
Your a lucky person, Eddie is probably the nicest down to earth person I've met in the Bahamas. He'd be one of the main reasons I'd return to the Abacos. He guided us 2 days in a row, the second day we got to know each other, he's pulled himself up from what could of been a disaster. Solid man for sure and very very good at what he does.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

I always wondered about on the water law enforcement in the Bahamas. When I went to the Exumas, this answered my question pretty quick:

AB4F0E58-DB35-4928-A0B8-D59E3D2D7E87.jpeg

mbrown2

Reaction score
His woman now runs the show... He's not the same "Hottie Scottie" we all once knew. :)
Ouch....our mates are supposed to complete us...not deplete us!\

Those sharks were not messing around!

Tank

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Greg....Looked like a trip of a lifetime! Hope to see you soon bud.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Very cool Greggy. Hoping to take the wife to Exumas next April for her 40th.

sirbob

Reaction score
I've had a chance to boat in some of those waters and love it! Great stuff and a great trip.

A friend has a sport fish he used to leave down there and move it around - my favorite spot was Valentine Harbor. But its hard to find a spot to not like if you like boating and finding cool beaches to pull up too.

Great fun video!

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
How about all those bull sharks at Spanish Cay? They come in every night because the sport fishers frequent that marina to clean their catches after fishing the deep water on the outside. Free handouts!

G. Faulk

Reaction score
How about all those bull sharks at Spanish Cay? They come in every night because the sport fishers frequent that marina to clean their catches after fishing the deep water on the outside. Free handouts!
That place was bad ass. I really didn't get why there wasn't more people on the island. Super super clean, great food and bar.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
That place was bad ass. I really didn't get why there wasn't more people on the island. Super super clean, great food and bar.

This is actually the "Off Season" for them. Most Bahamians are taking their own vacations at this time of the year.