WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

About iFloats and Aqualillies...

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Which is better, holds up better?
Is the 12'+/- good for general family use, and to take on the boat?
How big of a pain in the butt is is to roll and stow on the boat?
Best place to get one in Havasu? (In 2 weeks)
Thanks

relaxalot

Reaction score
2332033c_5.jpg

Gangplank airhead.. amazon prime 139 bucks.. IMO this is so much better than the rollup deals. Inflates easily, affordable, zips together, stowable, durable, no brainer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven't see one of those before.

I personally have an I float.. Several friends have the lillypads.. The actual foam Itself that they are made of I believe is all the same.. The I float has an anti tear membrane between the two layers that allows you to tow it if you buy the I ski system. For general floating and kicking back, it's going to be no different with either..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Someone told me SAMs club now offers a foam water matte for 199.99! Haven't seen them in person yet..

relaxalot

Reaction score
These inflatables have a place to tie a line onto... but no way are they towable... they are just for floating and hanging out. I have friends that have the big lily pads and they tried this one out and they are going to be selling the rollup type. I just prefer the portability of these. On my Howard sportdeck there is plenty of storage for this when deflated.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
If you are interested in a lily pad in havasu/Parker area get ahold of my buddy Andy. He's the lily pad distributor on here. He goes by VegasAndy. His number is 702-994-3078. Not sure if he has any blemished ones left, but it's a good deal for lily pad with a minor defect. He also has regular non blemished ones as well.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Our Lily Pad is going on it 4th or 5th season. Pretty durable.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks

If you want to borrow one I have one in Parker in my storage. I have a noodle man and have zero issues with it, we also have a aqua Lilly pad at the house. Between the two the noodle man is thicker and floats better the Lilly pad is thinner and tolls up easier.

In all honesty they are both a big pain in the ass to roll up and store. But the kids and dogs love them so we keep them around.

vegasandy

Reaction score
Thanks
i

It all boils down to how many people, how much weight you want to put on them as to what size you need. Then what color you want...Aqualily came out with the first pad and has over 6 years of experience making them. There are a lot of knockoffs out there now...some are cheaper and some more expensive. As for the blow up ones, I've used them as well and they do work for hanging out on for a couple people but don't perform quite as well as the foam pads.

I am biased as I do sell for Aqualily products but if I didn't believe in them I would've quit a long time ago.

rvrrun

Reaction score
We had a lily for one trip and it was returned. We purchased an ifloat and it is tons better. Like Dave said, other than the membrane they look nearly identical, but the lily would sink to the bottom as soon as I stood on it. With the ifloat I can stand easily and it only sinks a couple of inches.

vegasandy

Reaction score
We had a lily for one trip and it was returned. We purchased an ifloat and it is tons better. Like Dave said, other than the membrane they look nearly identical, but the lily would sink to the bottom as soon as I stood on it. With the ifloat I can stand easily and it only sinks a couple of inches.

we offer 2 different mat sizes, one of them is a 2 layer pad that rolls up easier and is quite a bit lighter and does not hold as much weight but we also offer a 3 Layer pad that will hold over 1600lbs. if you compared the two of them together you would get different results. So it just comes down to what you are looking for....maximum weight capacity or easier to roll up and quite a bit lighter. The length also has a bit to do with the buoyancy as the longer pads have a better "suction" to the water....so they will not sink as much as the shorter ones.

relaxalot

Reaction score
The gangplanks hold stacks of people. I don't think that they are as durable as the foam ones.. but they fit in the bilge, sponson or engine compartment.. a good trade off for me anyway

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Someone told me SAMs club now offers a foam water matte for 199.99! Haven't seen them in person yet..

The Sams in Bullhead has them.
Met someone recently that had an off brand pad 18 footer for around the $200 mark. Colors were different than lilly or ifloats so it made me ask about it.
Seemed no different than the name brands. [emoji106]

riverrunner1984

Reaction score
Met someone recently that had an off brand pad 18 footer for around the $200 mark. Colors were different than lilly or ifloats so it made me ask about it.
Seemed no different than the name brands. [emoji106]

Yah I like the 18ft I just can't justify $600 for one right now.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Thanks

Change of plans? No dunes?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 500208

Gangplank airhead.. amazon prime 139 bucks.. IMO this is so much better than the rollup deals. Inflates easily, affordable, zips together, stowable, durable, no brainer.

This is bad ass. If youre in no rush, the three camels show that its dropped in price a couple of times.

neb1x4.png

Thanks for the recommendation! :thumbsup

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Change of plans? No dunes?

No, after we spend the week with your uncle, aunt, and cousins:grumble::smackhead we were, but that week seems like the only time we'll have to get to Havasu and pick up the boat. That'll give us a week to run it too. Not to mention the accommodations in Needles kick ass!

Englewood

Reaction score
Ask lilypad if you can tow their system and what is between the foam layers (Hint: it's string).

ifloat's can be towed and have a unique bonding system between foam layers which makes the float much stronger.

Don't bother with the Sams Club one (The Water Float) It is $199 for a reason. It's a piece of junk.

100' pad being towed??? Only an iFloat can do that. Oh and all the tubes behind it to the right are hooked to it as well.
Parker 2016 Shamu & iFloats (800x600).jpg

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
No, after we spend the week with your uncle, aunt, and cousins:grumble::smackhead we were, but that week seems like the only time we'll have to get to Havasu and pick up the boat. That'll give us a week to run it too. Not to mention the accommodations in Needles kick ass!

Better you then me![emoji19]. I even extended my my trip so you would be able to get to see me!

Reactions: ACS

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Ask lilypad if you can tow their system and what is between the foam layers (Hint: it's string).

ifloat's can be towed and have a unique bonding system between foam layers which makes the float much stronger.

Don't bother with the Sams Club one (The Water Float) It is $199 for a reason. It's a piece of junk.

100' pad being towed??? Only an iFloat can do that. Oh and all the tubes behind it to the right are hooked to it as well.
View attachment 500331

Honestly I'm not interested in towing it. I'd much rather have one that rolls up tighter and is lighter. It all depends on what you want to do though.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Where will you be?
Waterfront Hilton- We need to try and do a meal- don't ask me which Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner? When are you at Dunes? I think Marc Albright was maybe going to be there too- not sure though

HavasuGirl

Reaction score
I bought an iFloat. I had a lily pad before and they don't last. So far my iFloat has lasted through this summer with no issues!. They can be towed which is awesome. got mine from a dealer in corona.. 714-350-0990 think her name was Christina

HavasuGirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just bought another ifloat from Christina in Corona. She is still selling them so I told her I'd post her info on here. She gave me a deal since I've already bought one from her.. She met me halfway which made things easy! Give her a call.. she also gives out bags and can coolers!! Great Xmas gifts for fam n friends. 714-350-0990

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Costco now has a lily pad, I believe it's 17'X6' for $299. Saw it in the Lake Elsinore costco.

DCBMilt

Reaction score
Wavepads are the most durable buoyant float pad on the market.
I can beat anyones prices.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I'll bite.. what's a wave pad, and how is it more durable?

I'm curious to. Funny how this thread popped up again. We were just talking about this thread with andy on Saturday at the needles show

DCBMilt

Reaction score
I'll bite.. what's a wave pad, and how is it more durable?

LOl...RDP we talked about them last year in Havasu Springs. Me, you Ricky, Tim.....Then we went to the Nautical. You may not remember, we did have a few beers that day.
They are float pads form back east. They are unique and a little different then the other float pads...but bottom line, i can sell for quite a bit less than most because i am the store front if that makes sense. I will have them available at Maxed Out Marine soon also.
I will PM you with some more info if you want it.
Im sure i will see ya soon..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
LOl...RDP we talked about them last year in Havasu Springs. Me, you Ricky, Tim.....Then we went to the Nautical. You may not remember, we did have a few beers that day.
They are float pads form back east. They are unique and a little different then the other float pads...but bottom line, i can sell for quite a bit less than most because i am the store front if that makes sense. I will have them available at Maxed Out Marine soon also.
I will PM you with some more info if you want it.
Im sure i will see ya soon..

You probably had a few beers.. I probably had a ton of beers. :D

PM me the info. A friend of mine is opening a store front at the London Bridge here pretty quick, and is looking for products to sell.

RD

DCBMilt

Reaction score
You probably had a few beers.. I probably had a ton of beers. :D

PM me the info. A friend of mine is opening a store front at the London Bridge here pretty quick, and is looking for products to sell.

RD

10-4...I will message you later this evening.

HavasuGirl

Reaction score
I bought an Ifloat. I love it. I've had both Ifloat and Lillypad. Ifloats are way better. They sell patches now in case of a tear (which is rare). I just bought the iski system for this upcoming season. When I was talking to the ifloat dealer in Corona she just told me about the new colors they are offering. Red/yellow - Blue/pink - and now red/white/blue! I got all my stuff from a Dealer in Corona,CA - Christina 714-350-0990.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I bought an Ifloat. I love it. I've had both Ifloat and Lillypad. Ifloats are way better. They sell patches now in case of a tear (which is rare). I just bought the iski system for this upcoming season. When I was talking to the ifloat dealer in Corona she just told me about the new colors they are offering. Red/yellow - Blue/pink - and now red/white/blue! I got all my stuff from a Dealer in Corona,CA - Christina 714-350-0990.

So, now I need a red/yellow to match the boat.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Bumping this up for those still looking. Just bought the Airhead Gangplank from Bed Bath & Beyond for $86 shipped after the 20% coupon. Ill report back after i test it out this weekend in parker.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Heading back up from the lower sandbar right now and I gotta say....best $80 I've spent. This thing is massive for what it is. I didn't even bother opening our second one. Inflates in about 5 min....deflates in seconds. Rolled it up into about a 10" burrito. Highly recommend the Gangplank

IMG_20170513_153415.jpg IMG_20170513_162432.jpg

underpressure

Reaction score
Heading back up from the lower sandbar right now and I gotta say....best $80 I've spent. This thing is massive for what it is. I didn't even bother opening our second one. Inflates in about 5 min....deflates in seconds. Rolled it up into about a 10" burrito. Highly recommend the Gangplank

View attachment 560748 View attachment 560749

What do you use to inflate it with?

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score

Where did you find it for 80$