WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Abra Cadabra... Magic Coming Soon!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
4F2CF27F-2495-4603-85A1-1056073C1FF7.jpeg

Went and checked out the new Magic decks today! Next level bad ass!!

Doing our shoot in “two weeks”

RD

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
New Magic decks...and a logo on a fender...MF'r, better not be skateboard decks:p

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Perfect! Just in time for the downturn in the economy! :cool:

I was really bummed when the economy shit the bed 11 years ago and Magic died. I really wanted one of their 28 H Decks bad. They only made a few before they shut the doors.

rush1

Reaction score
As far as I know it's Horizon Motorsports

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I talked to "the man" about these last Friday at his operation. Good things are coming if this is the type of boat you are looking for! Pretty exciting regardless if it's your flavor or not. MAGA!!!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I think there's a pretty good chance you'll see one or two of the "new" Magic's at the Lake Havasu Boat Show, April 5-7 at Lake Havasu state Park, Windsor 4.
So like Dave said. 2 weeks:D

Singleton

Reaction score
Who has the HIN?
I know Rusty @ Ultra did the hull and most of the rigging.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As long as somebody starts popping them out, I'm good with it! I believe in Reagan's "Trickle down economics" when it comes to boats. Ballers aren't going to want an 07 as much when there's a 19 out. It helps us scavengers bump up...hell, maybe a boat built in this century is on my horizono_O

WildWilly

Reaction score
there was an "interest list" generated I think like a year ago, maybe year and a half. Can't remember who was circulating and where? I know I put my hat in but never heard anything more.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Wonder if a new magic will cost as much as a new [insert random boat builder here]. All the used ones that are asking low six figures are about to be justified.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
LBYS is out of the bank repo business. But I sure did make some cash during that fire sale! That lot is now an Rent My Coach RV Rental place.
kicking myself to this day for not buying one or two

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
So does this mean Sleek will follow suit?

riverroyal

Reaction score
im looking forward to seeing this.

I cant be alone in wondering if Ultras reputation could hurt Horizons overall plans. I hope not.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but why such the appeal for Magics? So when my wife and I lived were in Havasu every other weekend it was literally the heyday for Magic (2004 to 08 or so). We saw those (I think 28 footer) decks everywhere! What were people buying a new 28 Magic deck with a 496HO for new in let's say 2006? If they build a comparable boat today, what do you think it will go for starting price?

Since I have been out of the scene for this type of boat for so long, what kind of power would be the "base" power now? Something like this? https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/engines/inboard-and-sterndrive/mercruiser/82l/

FreeBird236

Reaction score
im looking forward to seeing this.

I cant be alone in wondering if Ultras reputation could hurt Horizons overall plans. I hope not.
I would say if Horizon has a finished boat that you like, at the right price it might work just like they're doing with DCB. I would be leery at this point in time of ordering something, who knows though, maybe Horizon would have enough control to get it done.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Am I the only one concerned about the fact that ultra is building these?

Rusty is good at building boats. Rusty is terrible at time management and running a company.

Every part of the manufacturing process is being overseen and quality control is in place.

When you see it and how each one is being rigged you will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Well, i'm confused???

Is this the old Magic hull being reproduced by Horizon?

Or is this an old Ultra hull that is being named a Magic and being reproduced by Horizon?

Or is this something else all together??

Singleton

Reaction score
Well, i'm confused???

Or is this an old Ultra hull that is being named a Magic and being reproduced by Horizon?

Old magic hull, Rusty is building them, Horizon selling. Not sure what HIN is being used

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well, i'm confused???

It's the original magic hulls with some updates to the entry, and rigging, interiors, etc. They will be sold out of Horizon motorsports when they are ready to release them.
There are several in production right now, and they aren't ready to release them yet, as they want to make sure everything is perfect on not just a quality of boat standpoint, but a marketing, company standpoint as well.

Honestly I probably shouldn't have even posted the picture yet, but the word was starting to get out, and I'm not one to fall behind the times on news like that. :D. I'll say this though, I have seen them, and they are a lot nicer than the old magics.

RD

riverroyal

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but why such the appeal for Magics? So when my wife and I lived were in Havasu every other weekend it was literally the heyday for Magic (2004 to 08 or so). We saw those (I think 28 footer) decks everywhere! What were people buying a new 28 Magic deck with a 496HO for new in let's say 2006? If they build a comparable boat today, what do you think it will go for starting price?

Since I have been out of the scene for this type of boat for so long, what kind of power would be the "base" power now? Something like this? https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/engines/inboard-and-sterndrive/mercruiser/82l/
It was timing. I walked in to magic Saturday in 05. 4 hulls ready to go. I picked the power and options. Picked it up 14 days later.
At the time there was no other deck boat option doing this or as nice.
They ride great. No structural issues. Hold value.
But....it needs to be 25 to 30000 less than the current competition now or they may not sell. Imo

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It was timing. I walked in to magic Saturday in 05. 4 hulls ready to go. I picked the power and options. Picked it up 14 days later.
At the time there was no other deck boat option doing this or as nice.
They ride great. No structural issues. Hold value.
But....it needs to be 25 to 30000 less than the current competition now or they may not sell. Imo

Just curious with people willing to pay 80-90,000.00 for older used magics.. Why would ya say that?

RD