WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Abra Cadabra... Magic Coming Soon!

Reaction score
Waiting Patiently[emoji15] Hoping to see the finished product today. Popcorn ready just need to crack open my beer[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_5966.jpg
IMG_5967.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg

PRIMO

Reaction score
NOTE to SELF..... X Dimension shall make the BRAVO DRIVE to BE TWO INCHES Below Swim Step on MAGIC MOLDS !
(Original CHRIS CRAFT Bottoms)

10 to 15 MPH INCREASE over the others ......

PRIMO

Reaction score
Also if anyone is laying one up BALSA WOOD / Kevlar carbon Fiber Mat is the way to GO......

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Went over the boat today.. it was windy today so I elected not to take the boat out (Preston was willing)

For the “need it now” peeps this is what you are gonna get.

For the full article I am working on it plus several others, plus a new office.. etc

A6932234-CC7B-4A06-B55C-3F5E0214C3A0.jpeg
9403AB08-5B5A-462B-A79E-7BB6D5BFA780.jpeg
2A5D36E7-EA25-449F-8EE7-99F933E4AE3E.jpeg
80DDFDB8-80C9-420A-A212-39881137B85D.jpeg
07F75947-204D-47EA-ACB1-0E16F8C9E2AE.jpeg
2F87FEBB-6931-4927-8C61-158CFAC5AA4E.jpeg
D9A6855E-34D7-41D7-8539-F7D9CE084ED6.jpeg
CEB2C03E-65DB-4FCE-A8BF-4D77FFFFA183.jpeg

It’s a lot nicer than the original Magic’s is where I’ll leave it.

Working in the real writeup with real pics. Those are the cell phone “just showing up” pics. ;)

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
looks really sharp... Interior has clean lines and looks nice, I like the floors (a bit busy, but nicely done for sure), that Kicker set up is gonna thump! Nice hardware, gel looks really good. Adrenaline, nailed it on the trailer, the seadec on the fenders might be a bit too much for me . I think it will all be a hit! Looking forward to seeing the rigging and hearing how she runs. Something about the logo tho(?) it doesn't flow very well to me, anyone else? its prolly just the camera shot.

PRIMO

Reaction score
looks really sharp... Interior has clean lines and looks nice, I like the floors (a bit busy, but nicely done for sure), that Kicker set up is gonna thump! Nice hardware, gel looks really good. Adrenaline, nailed it on the trailer, the seadec on the fenders might be a bit too much for me . I think it will all be a hit! Looking forward to seeing the rigging and hearing how she runs. Something about the logo tho(?) it doesn't flow very well to me, anyone else? its prolly just the camera shot.

That BOAT should be called “DA CAT”
The Ultimate REBEL.....

LAPII

Reaction score
Why did they not use newer electronics on the dash.....honestly looks like it was just an updated floor, trailer, and interior.....otherwise am I missing some tweaks that could’ve happened in bringing back the dated design?

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Very nice, but I’ve never liked the way the two front seats are off set from each other. Looks like they’re still doing that set up.
I think the boat looks great but I do have to agree with you on the offset seats. Always seemed a little wierd to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I think the chrome bubble Magic logo and a SS rub rail would go a long way on this boat. Nice job on the build, sure is nice.

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
Thing will be sold by Saturday. What’s the reason for the offset driver/passenger seats? Are the bases set in the mold?

Be kind of cool to continue that wrap around to the dash with a reverse seat.

I’m over the diamonds lol but everyone still wants them.

Good luck to Horizon [emoji1303][emoji1303]

LBZRCKS

Reaction score

Agreed, regarding the logo.

I like the gel/graphics. Wish they would've put a nice stainless rub rail or painted over that white rub rail.

shane-o

Reaction score
Both consignment shops that RDP refers out too have waiting lists of people waiting to purchase used Magics and Conquests.

RD
RD what shops do you recommend? I might be in the market to sell my Magic

boataholic

Reaction score
Post a pic, deck boats priced reasonably will move quick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

McKay

Reaction score
I think i would have forgone the expense of the adrenline trailer and opted for stainless rub rail and cap front and rear if budget was of concern.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
RD what shops do you recommend? I might be in the market to sell my Magic
Not to answer for RD but I can safely assume the 2 Havasu shops would be Maxed Out Marine and Horizon. Both are 1st class, trust worthy, professional brokerage shops.

Been following along this process and I think they hit a home run. I'm sure the boat itself is a quality piece but I think there's more to it.

Despite those who LAM about their cash toy purchases, a significant # of used boats are quietly financed. People want Magic decks but it's tough (not impossible) to find lenders for 10+ yr old toys and sales regularly fall through due to lack of funding. With a new 2019 build, Horizon will be able to finance buyers into these as fast as they can build them. Not many dealers can successfully resurrect an old boat brand but I have no doubt Horizon will pull it off. Pretty damn cool from a biz perspective regardless of the thoughts on the details of the boat.

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
NOTE to SELF..... X Dimension shall make the BRAVO DRIVE to BE TWO INCHES Below Swim Step on MAGIC MOLDS !
(Original CHRIS CRAFT Bottoms)

10 to 15 MPH INCREASE over the others ......

Im curious, are you saying that the Magic deck bottom was sourced from Chris Craft?

People always comment that 28' magics dont run very fast, even when big power is thrown at them. You mentioned that the X should be "bravo drive 2" below swim step" and it will run 10-15mph faster than others. Is the issue with most magics that the drive is buried too low?

HCP3

Reaction score
LOVE the X DIMENSION.....

What's the difference? It looks like it's in the same place as the old Magic decks. Top of the drive is mounted just below the bottom of the exhaust.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Seats are taller and theres no wind deflector or the bar to attach one. Bring your goggles

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
You didn't get a picture of the seadek on the bow which I didn't like at all.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Very nice, but I’ve never liked the way the two front seats are off set from each other. Looks like they’re still doing that set up.
I liked the offset. The passenger is just in front of the driver. It was easy to see them which was great as a extra set of eyes.
I could see my wife without turning my head, if she noticed something in the water that i didnt there was no need for her to yell or get my attention.
It works.

gqchris

Reaction score
One thing that Magic always got right with these decks...........the exhaust echoing from the Swim Step area is quite impressive. Always loud and unqiue, even for small stock motors!

On the same token, a lot of Magic owners think that because its loud, it must be fast. Used to smoke a ton of em.lol

Reaction score
Congratulations to Horizon Motor Sports on the resurrection of the Magic Deck Boat[emoji322] This boat has always been a Havasu favorite and Top Contender in its class. It’s about time someone took the initiative to make this happen. I think moving forward for Magic to succeed it will need to maintain quality, dependability & Performance. With today’s technology this boat should be equipped with current equipment along with baddass interior. With that said Magic has some work to do in this department. Overall I give mad props to Magic Power Boats and all involved with this build. [emoji97]

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Very nice. Congrats.

3 things I would change.

1. Needs lighted logo behind seats
2. Bubble Magic Powerboats sticker - no pinstriping logo
3. Take out the red on the sea-dek

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Magic did cool things like power cabin doors in the 34, power stern light and power fold away bimini.
Power windscreens would be nice on this one

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Am I the only one that wants to take a black Sharpie and put a dot above the "e" on deck?

I have always like the Magic decks. Gel design looks a little dated to me and doesn't flow whatsoever, but other than that, nice job!

150k?

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
Magic did cool things like power cabin doors in the 34, power stern light and power fold away bimini.
Power windscreens would be nice on this one

The H-Series had some of those features. I wonder why they didn't build that since it'd be more different than the existing decks. There's only a handful of the H-Series out there.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
congrats to Preston! I think for the first one he did a pretty good job! I bet he already has it sold or someone seriously interested.