WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

accident at bluewater?

rivergames

Reaction score
Az side, first set of trailers up from bluewater, lots of cops, and rescue boats giving someone cpr on the shore. We didn't stick around, but it didn't look good. I Hope they come though

rvrgirl

Reaction score
Yes it was bad. We have a house 2 doors down from the accident. I am glad they found him. Not sure of the outcome. Lots of prayers needed. Sooo sad.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
17 year old male drowning from shore. Not sure of the outcome. Tribal authorities handled it and he was recovered before we got on scene.

Wendi

Reaction score
Hope he is ok, very sad news.

riverratmike

Reaction score
this guy was underwater for a long time from what I know. I was inside when this all happened. Saw the neighbors next door looking down into the water but wasn't sure why. Then I heard the sirens, a couple guys dove into the water and pulled him up to dry land. They were pumping him for quite a while. Didn't hear sirens when they left so I'm thinking this can't be good. BC please keep us updated. Thanks.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
No info yet. As usual, getting information from the tribes is nearly impossible.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I found this at parkerliveonline.com, but from Thursday?

Drowning in Parker a sober reminder of dangers of water
John Wright ? Friday, July 9, 2010 at 8:33 am

Today?s News-Herald is reporting a drowning in Parker yesterday.

According to the report, a 51 year-old man drowned after attempting to swim across the river just north of the bridge from BlueWater Lagoon. A San Bernardino County Sheriff?s Department spokesperson said they received the call just before 2 o?clock and the man was pronounced dead on the scene. The body was recovered in front of Riverview Mobile Home and RV Park.

?He began to struggle in the current and was swept away,? the report quotes the spokesman as saying.

This serves as another important reminder of the dangers on the water as we approach another busy summer weekend. Always remember to wear a lifejacket on personal watercraft or for any lengthy time swimming in the water, and keep lifejackets on boats for everyone on board.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I found this at parkerliveonline.com, but from Thursday?

Drowning in Parker a sober reminder of dangers of water
John Wright ? Friday, July 9, 2010 at 8:33 am

Today?s News-Herald is reporting a drowning in Parker yesterday.

According to the report, a 51 year-old man drowned after attempting to swim across the river just north of the bridge from BlueWater Lagoon. A San Bernardino County Sheriff?s Department spokesperson said they received the call just before 2 o?clock and the man was pronounced dead on the scene. The body was recovered in front of Riverview Mobile Home and RV Park.

That was a different drowning below Headgate Dam last Thursday.

riverratmike

Reaction score
just heard from my neighbor down in Parker that there was another accident involving a PWC that crashed into the docks on Monday, almost in the same area. Don't know if it's true or not but kinda surprised I haven't heard anything about the accident on Saturday or Monday.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
just heard from my neighbor down in Parker that there was another accident involving a PWC that crashed into the docks on Monday, almost in the same area. Don't know if it's true or not but kinda surprised I haven't heard anything about the accident on Saturday or Monday.

Didn't get any calls on a PWC crash over the weekend or Monday. Maybe some idiot lost control of one and it slid into a dock, but we didn't get notified and no calls into dispatch or from the hospital.

riverratmike

Reaction score
Thanks BC,

Found this on facebook regarding the accident on Saturday afternoon just up river from me.

My husband and my 3 nephews are the ones that pulled him out of the water. I know he was only 17 years old. He was not alive when he left the scene. He was in the water for at least 15 minutes. The guy that was with him did not give any straight answers regarding where he went into the water and what they were doing there. His first response is ... See Morethat they were going to swing from the crane they had set up, but then he said they couldnt swim. My gut feeling is that they were trying to pull the old scrap metal from the old dock to sell it. So sad. I have been waiting to see something on this. We left the next day. We thought it was weird that nobody asked any questions. It was bazaar. I am so sorry for this boys family.

riverratmike

Reaction score
any news yet BC on this accident Saturday July 10th. Can't believe I haven't heard a thing yet on this and it's been well over a week now.