WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Accident up toward pirates

J&k beer can

Reaction score
The top of boat should of not come off if it only spin out..
Starboard skeg is missing but that could be from spin out at those speeds...

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
The top of boat should of not come off if it only spin out..

unless you have seen pics, no one has stated the deck separated from the hull.
I can see a slight separation at impact occurring, but that IMO is normal at the impact zone.

attitude

Reaction score
Would 4 people across the backseat be enough force to break through the fiber glass during the spin? Or did the glass break first allowing the occupants to be thrown out?

Reactions: DWC

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Skag breaking likely happened during the crash, not causing the crash.
Perhaps, prop still there? maybe he hit something on that drive as he was turning left causing the boat to spin. Had to be violent to to rip the deck off.

Reactions: DWC

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Now that I know everyone's going to be ok, I feel bad for the boat.
"Cut down in her prime"...that was a beautiful boat.

attitude

Reaction score
Delaminator?
That section of the hull isn’t in the water so I doubt that. I was speaking to the fact that forces in the crash caused it to break allowing the occupants to be thrown out. Or the force of the occupants being thrown into the glass causing the glass to break.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Perhaps, prop still there? maybe he hit something on that drive as he was turning left causing the boat to spin. Had to be violent to to rip the deck off.

Boat twisted/flexed in the spin and popped perhaps.

There is nothing we are are ever going to find out or “learn” anyway. We should just be happy everyone is fine and move on.

HBCraig

Reaction score
@Ace in the Hole do you not follow him on insta?? I have seeen many of videos of that boat running with 3-4 speedsters on kill mode. Even some videos/ pictures with the boys in the cheap Walmart value pack life jackets that come 5 in a pack. While at the reggata I heard all of them were wearing lifelines which I’m sure are better then the Walmart ones.
I’m glad that everyone was on the boat was okay.

How come no pictures? Of it being towed? Flipped over but back in the trailer? Impound yard?
I remember when that mti ran the people over in the eliminator and there was pictures of the mti in the impound yard waiting to be released.
What's his IG address?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That section of the hull isn’t in the water so I doubt that. I was speaking to the fact that forces in the crash caused it to break allowing the occupants to be thrown out. Or the force of the occupants being thrown into the glass causing the glass to break.
4 occupants shouldn’t rip the side of the boat off

Clearly the top side of the boat delaminated from the bottom and cross structures from some type of force, flex or impact though.

kurtis500

Reaction score
Whatever the outcome there should be a safety bulliten posted so everyone can make changes or be aware of what happened. Aviation does this even if it points the finger right at the pilot. I raced drag boats for many years and you could hardly get information about a crash unless they wanted to share it. Most of the time it was driver error and they wanted to save face. Not saying that here but seriously, why the tight lip on some of these accidents that can help otehrs avoid something even if its driver error???????

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Whatever the outcome there should be a safety bulliten posted so everyone can make changes or be aware of what happened. Aviation does this even if it points the finger right at the pilot. I raced drag boats for many years and you could hardly get information about a crash unless they wanted to share it. Most of the time it was driver error and they wanted to save face. Not saying that here but seriously, why the tight lip on some of these accidents that can help otehrs avoid something even if its driver error???????
I'm sure the silence would be from possible litigation. No one wants to make a statement that could harm the builder, or open avenues to sue others. Probably a good reason not to talk about it yet.
Boats get wrecked. This was a big fancy one, so everyone wants details. If I wadded up my jet bote, I don't think anyone would question anything.

attitude

Reaction score
4 occupants shouldn’t rip the side of the boat off

Clearly the top side of the boat delaminated from the bottom and cross structures from some type of force, flex or impact though.
A deck can crack from someone slipping and falling on it. If you have 4 people being slammed into the side of the boat and the hull fails at the seem AKA the weakest link i believe it would be plausible to rip the side off..

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I am not sure what happened here but the deck could have peeled off from the impact with the water

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score

There is nothing we are are ever going to find out or “learn” anyway. We should just be happy everyone is fine and move on.
You must be new here. Here let me help

We are all here to use conjecture, heresay and innuendo to draw the wrong conclusion.

So jump on in the water is fine….

McKay

Reaction score
Sure, but most insurers who will write a policy on a boat such as this, don't do umbrellas. My insurance is Wozencraft. My Umbrella is "Auto-Owners" and they don't write fast boats. So, if I fuck-up, umbrella doesn't cover any boating related loss.
Correct. I looked long and hard to find an umbrella that covers excess boat liability. Came up empty.

TCHB

Reaction score
I have always been concerned about the actual engineering that goes into the boat hull /engine package. Some of the big cat guys like MTI, Skater, DW and others have 1,000 hours on the race course to find the weak links and then make the changes if needed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm sure the silence would be from possible litigation. No one wants to make a statement that could harm the builder, or open avenues to sue others. Probably a good reason not to talk about it yet.
Boats get wrecked. This was a big fancy one, so everyone wants details. If I wadded up my jet bote, I don't think anyone would question anything.

Exactly. You aren’t going to hear anything, ever. It is not in the best interest of anyone involved to say anything about what happened.

HCP3

Reaction score
Damn. They are lucky that chunk of deck didn't hit the passengers. Glad they are okay.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Its not the only boat that has "spun out" before and not hit anything..... but pretty sure its the only boat that I've seen since being on RD's that had this much damage from a "spin" only.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Not true, have you seen the Parker thread?.... People want to know what happen with the jet boat that jumped up on the house dock.....

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Where it broke, the fiber glass is not much. I’m guessing this wasn’t the first time the boat was spun. 😜
The hardware attaching the top to bottom in the back, is not designed to plow through the water, as it slid backwards with 4 people in the back?
It simply separated, and flooded the “cockpit” 🤠 It’ll buff out. It’s the end of the season. You have 4 months to get it fixed.

Guessing!!!!

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Its not the only boat that has "spun out" before and not hit anything..... but pretty sure its the only boat that I've seen since being on RD's that had this much damage from a "spin" only.
Agree, but at the end of the day, it is no one else’s business. There were no criminal charges, no other boats involved, and everyone is OK.

That is all you will ever hear about this one. If it was a hull problem you for sure aren’t gonna hear anything, ever.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Agree, but at the end of the day, it is no one else’s business. There were no criminal charges, no other boats involved, and everyone is OK.

That is all you will ever hear about this one. If it was a hull problem you for sure aren’t gonna hear anything, ever.
I agree 100%.

I also believe that you IG your boat/life (I don't have IG and have no idea who this guy is, but a lot of people do from what i hear) to the hilt as to LAM.....then something like this happens and people are interested and that LAM mentality doesn't stop but grows and shit starts to spread bad or good cause now nothing is posted.. Double edge sword that social media is.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree 100%.

I also believe that you IG your boat/life (I don't have IG and have no idea who this guy is, but a lot of people do from what i hear) to the hilt as to LAM.....then something like this happens and people are interested and that LAM mentality doesn't stop but grows and shit starts to spread bad or good cause now nothing is posted.. Double edge sword that social media is.

Agreed, and I have no idea who he is either. That is a case of you reap what you sow, but it does not change the fact that he does not owe anyone an explanation. I'd probably have a different opinion if there were OUI charges or if there was another boat involved.

Duramax

Reaction score
I have always been concerned about the actual engineering that goes into the boat hull /engine package. Some of the big cat guys like MTI, Skater, DW and others have 1,000 hours on the race course to find the weak links and then make the changes if needed.
Apparently MTI is pretty tight lipped in production, and you as a buyer cannot see the hull/deck being built. Much different from Skater as you can fly in anytime and see anything you want.

Pretty scary to see the boat like that. Glad they all made it.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That was some serious force to pull the deck apart like it did. I would think if a human body did that they would be laid up in a hospital for a while at the minimum.

That was a serious impact or the deck wasn’t bonded as well as I would expect. Either way they are all lucky to essentially walk away.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Apparently MTI is pretty tight lipped in production, and you as a buyer cannot see the hull/deck being built. Much different from Skater as you can fly in anytime and see anything you want.

I’ve always thought that was interesting about MTI. Their hulls aren’t even laid up at the main facility. They’re laid up elsewhere. I can’t recall ever seeing a picture of the bulkhead framework on an MTI 🤷‍♂️

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

This ^^^^^^

I toured Skater and MTI on successive days. Peter walked us through the plant and painstakingly explained each process. When we left, Peter asked us what he could do for us to commit before touring MTI. I told him I had to see it for myself. He closed by telling me "Steve, I'll build you a boat that won't come apart"

When we toured MTI, we were a bit taken aback by the lack of being able to see how the hulls are built. They are built in Green Bay I believe. Its a standard hull/deck/rub-rail construction. Skaters are, well, different. Anyone wants a walk-through, my build thread covers pretty much every step.

But I don't believe anyone else vacuum bags deck to hull.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Hold the turn too long without correction in a cat and it will spin out, try it. Watch the inboard tach start climbing, that means its coming, time to correct.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Very few accidents this year at havasu, there were a lot of drownings, Considering how much traffic on the water i would guess this has been the least amount of
accidents in years. Also more sales of High performance boats on the water capable of high speeds,Percentage of accidents low even with more boats.
Oh I see.... good points.... RDP always sets my ass straight.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
As no asked yet, we’re the props turning in or out?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Guys I removed the picture, for reasons I’m not gonna bother explaining..

While it is fun sitting here theorizing what “may” have happened, or how the damage “may” have been caused.. or hell even what “may” have caused the incident to begin with…

There is virtually nothing to be learned from this. The FAA isn’t going to recreate the boat and put out a report that is going to be gospel in the future.

Nobody is going to put up some post that is gonna solve the mystery, because I got news for you..

The guy driving the boat isn’t even sure what happened. The only thing he’s sure about is somewhere down the line a mistake was made (whether that’s mechanical? driver error?, bad luck? Hit something?) And shit went sideways fast..

One thing I can tell you is the damage isn’t caused by people.. it’s all water pressure. The people weren’t seriously injured, which they very well would be had they gone through the side of a boat.

As for the now…. We’ll now the insurance comes in and their investigation will start etc.. A family is happy they are all alive. A father has some serious reconciliation with himself as to what he can do to not ever experience that again.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

While it is fun sitting here theorizing what “may” have happened, or how the damage “may” have been caused.. or hell even what “may” have caused the incident to begin with…

There is virtually nothing to be learned from this. The FAA isn’t going to recreate the boat and put out a report that is going to be gospel in the future.

Nobody is going to put up some post that is gonna solve the mystery, because I got news for you..

The guy driving the boat isn’t even sure what happened. The only thing he’s sure about is somewhere down the line a mistake was made (whether that’s mechanical? driver error?, bad luck? Hit something?) And shit went sideways fast..

One thing I can tell you is the damage isn’t caused by people.. it’s all water pressure. The people weren’t seriously injured, which they very well would be had they gone through the side of a boat.

As for the now…. We’ll now the insurance comes in and their investigation will start etc.. A family is happy they are all alive. A father has some serious reconciliation with himself as to what he can do to not ever experience that again.

This.
And this...........

conjecture​

[ kuhn-jek-cher ]

📙 Middle School Level

the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

farmo83

Reaction score
There's still plenty of room for conjecture, theories, advice, and monday morning quarterbacking over in the thread about the Schiada ending up on a pier in Parker.

USCFAN

Former Shitbox Owner...
Reaction score

Although I’m pretty sure I know the answer and generally agree with your statement. One must ask, would the same consideration be given had the boat in question been a different Manufacturer like Commander or Water Rod??

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Although I’m pretty sure I know the answer and generally agree with your statement. One must ask, would the same consideration be given had the boat in question been a different Manufacturer like Commander or Water Rod??
How and why is the picture still up then in the "Parker today?" thread??
And isnt that a Schiada?