WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Accident up toward pirates

Riverryder

Reaction score
So does that mean we can’t post any other wreck?
Wasn’t there a thread of the dcb that crashed into the wall?
Dcb that flipped shortly after new owner got it?
That Howard closed bow that was wrecked?
The mti in impound? (After killing someone)
The red boat that crashed into the docks in the summer?
How about the boat that a members wife helped save his life from gettin cut in the prop? (Someone posted a picture of it)
Or the guy that died on the back of his Yamaha boat because of a jet skier?

Or does this boat get special treatment?
@RiverDave

And I loved this boat. I loved that the driver ran it hard. That’s what he bought it for. I love the brand. Just don’t see why this one gets special treatment? And being so hush hush about it. If there’s info out share it. But don’t censor what is shared.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Although I’m pretty sure I know the answer and generally agree with your statement. One must ask, would the same consideration be given had the boat in question been a different Manufacturer like Commander or Water Rod??

I typically don’t delete the pics of a boat crash unless someone died..

I deleted these for a reason.. and like I said I’m not gonna explain it. Nothing to do with the Mfg.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
How about the boat that a members wife helped save his life from gettin cut in the prop? (Someone posted a picture of it)

@RiverDave

And I loved this boat. I loved that the driver ran it hard. That’s what he bought it for. I love the brand. Just don’t see why this one gets special treatment? And being so hush hush about it. If there’s info out share it. But don’t censor what is shared.
Feel the same way..... Bravo 👏

BIGRED9158

Reaction score

@RiverDave

100% true

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just connected the dots why this one is protected and any other one in the future. Look at the top of the website and you’ll figure it out.

I always find it fascinating how quickly someone goes after my character when their is a situation they haven’t no idea about..

Like I said it has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

I did it to help out the owner with something.

USCFAN

Former Shitbox Owner...
Reaction score
I always find it fascinating how quickly someone goes after my character when their is a situation they haven’t no idea about..

Not that you owe anybody here anything. At the end of the day it’s your forum and you run it the way you see fit. But when you make it a public forum and then delete a picture with no reasoning as to why. The PUBLIC will then make whatever assumptions fit their narrative or agenda. But as my dad use to say “That’s why you get paid the BIG bucks.”

Riverryder

Reaction score
@River Dave hey your site your way.
Help the owner? You didn’t think to help the owners with the other threads?
It only makes sense man come on.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

No body is going after you're character, but why are certain things censored for one but not the others.

It this like FB or IG?

Pics and video of the lickity split crash wasn't taken off the site and people died. So what gives?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They didn’t ask me. 👀 Hope that clarifies

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just connected the dots why this one is protected and any other one in the future. Look at the top of the website and you’ll figure it out.
No body is going after you're character, but why are certain things censored for one but not the others.

Read first quote.. basically saying I changed my moderating behavior for money. That is attacking my character.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Read first quote.. basically saying I changed my moderating behavior for money. That is attacking my character.
Guess i didn't see it that way, just saw your name on top of the site..... yours site your rules, doesn't mean that i always like it.... or that its fare and balanced.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Guess i didn't see it that way, just saw your name on top of the site..... yours site your rules, doesn't mean that i always like it.... or that its fare and balanced.

I read it as he saw an eliminator banner ad.. I dunno I figured I’d catch some shit for it and I did.. not the end of the world.

image.jpg

Life’s not that bad.. lol

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
This is going to turn into as many pages as the speed thread

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is going to turn into as many pages as the speed thread

Possible.. kinda doubt it though as there really isn’t any on going info like the speed debacle.

There is some stories floating around about a certain shop owner acting kinda weird with regard to this incident that I’m sure will come out soon enough lol.

Singleton

Reaction score
They didn’t ask me. 👀 Hope that clarifies

your site, you get to make the rules.
BUT - IMO, I don’t want to hear one thing about censorship from you. You just did what large social media and MSM sites do all the time (remove content because someone asked them to do it).
A large percentage of us think it is BS when MSM and social media sites do it and it is a sad day RDP is censoring pics and content posted online as well, since someone asked.

My gut says I am heading towards a time-out for posting my opinion. If I do, it just proves my point even more.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
BUT - IMO, I don’t want to hear one thing about censorship from you. You just did what large social media and MSM sites do all the time (remove content because someone asked them to do it).
A large percentage of us think it is BS when MSM and social media sites do it and it is a sad day RDP is censoring pics and content posted online as well, since someone asked.

My gut says I am heading towards a time-out for posting my opinion. If I do, it just proves my point even more.

Rob the guy asked me for a favor because of something that you could see in the pic.. it has nothing to do with the damage.

It was explained to me and so I did the guy a favor.. if you guys really want to see the pic I’m sure it isn’t that hard to find.

This isn’t some monumental thing that’s gonna set the standard of censorship on rdp.. lol

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score

EXACTLY!
Then the same service should be upheld for the guy who's boat is up on the dock in the Parker thread and may not be aware or on social media to know pics of his boating accident are being made public. Does the owner of the boat give consent to use the pics on RDP? Is he afforded the same respect whether or not he is a member?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
EXACTLY! And the same service should be upheld for the guy who's boat is up on the dock in the Parker thread and may not be aware or on social media to know pics of his boating accident are being made public.

Well like was said above.. ya have limited information and are making assumptions about a lot of stuff.

I wasn’t asked to remove the pic because of the damage.. it’s something entirely different.

To be more clear though I don’t much give a random shit what you riverryder or singleton think. I made a decision to do a favor for a guy and I did it to help him out with something.

I don’t need to explain it to anyone.

Singleton

Reaction score
Rob the guy asked me for a favor because of something that you could see in the pic.. it has nothing to do with the damage.

It was explained to me and so I did the guy a favor.. if you guys really want to see the pic I’m sure it isn’t that hard to find.

This isn’t some monumental thing that’s gonna set the standard of censorship on rdp.. lol

If boat owner took the pic, shared the pic with someone and told them do not share this pic; I could see you removing the pic if asked by boat owner.
However, If I was walking by the boat, took the pic and then posted it and you removed the pic I took - IMO that is BS and I would call that censorship.

Not sure what scenario this was, just calling it as I see it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If boat owner took the pic, shared the pic with someone and told them do not share this pic; I could see you removing the pic if asked by boat owner.
However, If I was walking by the boat, took the pic and then posted it and you removed the pic I took - IMO that is BS and I would call that censorship.

Not sure what scenario this was, just calling it as I see it.

I read that the first time..

What you aren’t reading is I didn’t take the pic down for the reasons you are assuming. I did it as a favor for the owner and his upcoming challenges.

Sorry if you feel slighted for it.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I wasn’t asked to remove the pic because of the damage.. it’s something entirely different.

To be more clear though I don’t much give a random shit what you riverryder or singleton think. I made a decision to do a favor for a guy and I did it to help him out with something.

I don’t need to explain it to anyone.

No you don't but the speculation will now grow even more. Its natural behavior.

wet hull

Reaction score
Can that part of picture in question just be blacked out? Leaving the rest to be seen? Just asking and don't really care either way. Just curious and trying to solve everyday problems 😁

What you aren’t reading is I didn’t take the pic down for the reasons you are assuming. I did it as a favor for the owner and his upcoming challenges.

Sorry if you feel slighted for

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can that part of picture in question just be blacked out? Leaving the rest to be seen? Just asking and don't really care either way. Just curious and trying to solve everyday problems 😁

Lol….

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Jesus H Christ guys you have to get a grip. There might come a time when you don't necessarily want details of your belongings, friends, family, other personal information etc. posted on an internet forum for public consumption without your consent.

It is not "censorship" honoring a request of someone to remove a picture of a boat you have nothing to do with, from a situation that does not impact you at all.

wzuber

Reaction score
I am at roadrunner.. lol. Docktagon has a little lean to it nowadays. Heading back to havasu in a few. Life’s good though. 😍
Let's hope the doctagon leans right or the c-theories are really gunna fly.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jesus H Christ guys you have to get a grip. There might come a time when you don't necessarily want details of your belongings, friends, family, other personal information etc. posted on an internet forum for public consumption without your consent.

It is not "censorship" honoring a request of someone to remove a picture of a boat you have nothing to do with, from a situation that does not impact you at all.

Every hill has to be a hill to die on.. didnt ya know? Lol

grumpy88

Reaction score

Hum , i can think of a lot of democrats who feel this same way ! Lol

Singleton

Reaction score

Sorry if you feel slighted for it.

I don’t feel slighted. I saw the pic; said holly shit, glad everyone walked away and the family and friends are safe. Did not zoom into the pic to look for any details (got better things to do). Might have zoomed in on a pic now that you took it down :).
But now that you made a decision and took it down, can’t let an opportunity to give RD shit go to waste :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Pump yore brakes Mark Zuckerberg 👍

riverroyal

Reaction score

I knew i saw a nipple in the pic.