WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Accident up toward pirates

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
My daughter friends that are up there for the eliminator regatta we’re heading up toward Pirates when and illuminator boat flew by them and they end up spinning in a circle not sure on all the details but I’m hearing that all passengers were ejected and hear everyone is ok hope this is correc. Anyone else hear anything

attitude

Reaction score
I got a call from my dad who is out there, he talked to one of the boats who saw the accident. I don’t want to start rumors of what boat and what happened as all the info I have is second hand. Hopefully everyone is ok.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Would be nice to know which boat. Have some friends out there.

Reactions: DWC

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
here, let me summarize the next three pages of the thread for you so you don’t have to read it all.

“He was drinking”
“He had the wrong prop”
“He tows with an F150”
“The river is ‘tricky’ at that spot”
“He lost an engine”
“He should have personally buckled everyone’s life jacket”
“What have I told you about lanyards”

Oh and add “I heard” at the start of every post below cause maybe 2-3 boats really saw it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
here, let me summarize the next three pages of the thread for you so you don’t have to read it all.

“He was drinking”
“He had the wrong prop”
“He tows with an F150”
“He lost an engine”

Oh and add “I heard” at the start of every post below cause maybe 2-3 boats really saw it.

Truth, but you forgot He didn’t have his boaters safety card.

If everyone is ok, that is paramount. Beyond that, shit happens, move on, it is no one else’s business. Boating is fun, boating also has risks. If you don’t want to risk your safety for some fun on a speedboat, don’t get on a boat.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score

“He was drinking”
“He had the wrong prop”
“He tows with an F150”
“He lost an engine”

Your forgot he wasn’t paying attention because he was watching a new SPEED CAR in the drive thru at Roadrunner!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Lance Merchain and family are OK and from what I was told everyone including the kids and his pregnant wife were wearing lifelines. HIs new Daytona 33x with 700’s is a total loss. Saw a pic of the boat being towed in, it’s a mess. Thankfully all will be OK, the outcome could have been much worse at those speeds.

Singleton

Reaction score
Lance Merchain and family are OK and from what I was told everyone including the kids and his pregnant wife were wearing lifelines. HIs new Daytona 33x with 700’s is a total loss. Saw a pic of the boat being towed in, it’s a mess. Thankfully all will be OK, the outcome could have been much worse at those speeds.

All that matters is the family is safe and able to walk away!
Boats can be replaced, people can’t.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Cmon man, this is rdp.
It's all the experts jobs to lamblaste how and what happened, but mostly only if they are non-members.

DCB and Eliminator owners never make mistakes. This must have been the result of a mechanical failure. The drivers of every other make of boat are incompetent.

Good to know everyone is OK.

77charger

Reaction score

“He was drinking”
“He had the wrong prop”
“He tows with an F150”
“He lost an engine”

Reeds man it was the reeds. 😱

Cobalt232

Reaction score
We were at Topock having lunch when it was towed in. It looked moderately torn up on the right side. It had air bags under the stern as well. Some of the guys came up to the restaurant and said it had spun out and they got ejected but did not go over. Glad they are OK.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Is this the Porsche blue/black WTOB that was just finished?

socal0487

Reaction score

Attachments

• 7361CDD7-49DC-4BA8-8A22-E37E0A24E368.png
    7361CDD7-49DC-4BA8-8A22-E37E0A24E368.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 846

Riverryder

Reaction score
Was at the regatta they talked about a boat flipping but no one said who. Wow. I wondered why he wasn’t there being his boat was in the shirts and I saw him at the party yesterday
Why is it a secret? I want to see the boat. Anyone have picture? What happened?

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score
Sucks glad the family is ok. Boats can be replaced. I heard earlier this year one of the motors was having issues possible same thing again?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Wife told me she saw a post on Twitter or whatever from someone who was supposedly in front of the boat that crashed and they were doing 130 and as result estimates the crashed boat was also doing somewhere near that speed.

IF THAT IS TRUE...then that was pretty dumb of the driver, especially with his wife and kids onboard. From Pirates on down to the mouth of the lake, the river appears to be 600-700 feet wide. I also have a boat that will hit the 130 mark and I would never go that fast on such a narrow section of water. I would never even go 100 anywhere other than a very wide section of lake with no other boats close by. 100+ is damn fast on the water and things happen quick. I wouldn't want any shoreline or boats anywhere near me if something went bad.

Glad everybody is okay, but if the reported speed in that area is accurate, then that was pretty irresponsible.

Singleton

Reaction score
Sucks glad the family is ok. Boats can be replaced. I heard earlier this year one of the motors was having issues possible same thing again?

Could be multiple items. Mechanical could be motor or drive. Newer 700’s are having known fuel pump issues is an example of one little thing that could ruin your day.
The family is safe, so hopefully we can learn what caused the issue, so folks can learn from it,

Riverryder

Reaction score
The speedster crew now goes no less then 100 side by side. And they get as close as they can for the gram.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
After reading all these posts , the truth lies in all the conjecture and hyperbole …it’s there .

TCHB

Reaction score
I have ridden many times in high performance boats and have learned one thing Tres Martin driving school is worth while. I will not go in a High performance boat unless they have taken the coarse and trust their driving habits. Traveling above 100mph for miles is a whole new game. Water conditions changing all the time. Glad they are ok.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
I have ridden many times in high performance boats and have learned on thing Tres Martin driving school is worth while. I will not go in a High performance boat unless they have taken the coarse and trust their driving habits. Traveling above 100mph for miles is a whole new game. Water conditions changing all the time. Glad they are ok.

this. If you boat can go over 100mph, then the TM course is worth every penny.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Was at the regatta they talked about a boat flipping but no one said who. Wow. I wondered why he wasn’t there being his boat was in the shirts and I saw him at the party yesterday
Why is it a secret? I want to see the boat. Anyone have picture? What happened?
Why a secret you ask?
Why does the current administration mute Joe?🤔
If this accident was almost anyone else we'd know what color the prop was😏

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Why a secret you ask?
Why does the current administration mute Joe?🤔
If this accident was almost anyone else we'd know what color the prop was😏

Wait! They make colored props??! 🤯

Last edited:

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Wife told me she saw a post on Twitter or whatever from someone who was supposedly in front of the boat that crashed and they were doing 130 and as result estimates the crashed boat was also doing somewhere near that speed.

IF THAT IS TRUE...then that was pretty dumb of the driver, especially with his wife and kids onboard. From Pirates on down to the mouth of the lake, the river appears to be 600-700 feet wide. I also have a boat that will hit the 130 mark and I would never go that fast on such a narrow section of water. I would never even go 100 anywhere other than a very wide section of lake with no other boats close by. 100+ is damn fast on the water and things happen quick. I wouldn't want any shoreline or boats anywhere near me if something went bad.

Glad everybody is okay, but if the reported speed in that area is accurate, then that was pretty irresponsible.
Wow, that’s your opinion, and from that you better stay away from the delta. We have it way narrower and we have to turn.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I love the …doing 130, spun out and everyone flew out including pregnant wife but everyone’s ok. 🤦‍♂️

No kidding. I LOLed at that one...ridiculous

There is nothing anyone is going to “learn” from this. No one “needs to know” the details. The boat got away from the driver for whatever reason, that is it. It could have been lack of experience, going too fast for conditions, or simply an accident or misjudgment. These are high performance machines, that should be respected. They can bite you even if you are respecting them.

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

There is nothing anyone is going to “learn” from this. No one “needs to know” the details. The boat got away from the driver for whatever reason, that is it. It could have been lack of experience, going too fast for conditions, or simply an accident or misjudgment. These are high performance machines, that should be respected. They can bite you even if you are respecting them.

LOF, that's not necessarily true. There are a myriad of mechanical failures that could cause a boat to "spin and throw out its occupants"

I personally believe knowing ALL the details in this case are pretty important.

Where I will agree is, going that hard in traffic may not be wise. But again we don't have drone footage to evaluate exactly what happened.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Fast boats crash, it happens.