WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Accident up toward pirates

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Jesus H Christ guys you have to get a grip. There might come a time when you don't necessarily want details of your belongings, friends, family, other personal information etc. posted on an internet forum for public consumption without your consent.

It is not "censorship" honoring a request of someone to remove a picture of a boat you have nothing to do with, from a situation that does not impact you at all.
That’s an odd statement , because someone who buys a $1M boat and runs it up and down the River at 130mph is screaming look at me …

Reaction score
Jesus H Christ guys you have to get a grip. There might come a time when you don't necessarily want details of your belongings, friends, family, other personal information etc. posted on an internet forum for public consumption without your consent.

It is not "censorship" honoring a request of someone to remove a picture of a boat you have nothing to do with, from a situation that does not impact you at all.

it's funny like that. depending on who it is or who they know, that thread could have been the more common "driver ran out of talent" thread, but this one is the less common "move along there's nothing to see here..."

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
it's funny like that. depending on who it is or who they know, that thread could have been the more common "driver ran out of talent" thread, but this one is the less common "move along there's nothing to see here..."

Welcome to the real world, where some stuff is just no one else’s business.

I will say I’m sure Dave would honor that same request to delete the pictures from any member.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,there is no doubt the owner of that boat had & has the talents needed to purchase that boat. Next up not much doubt he will build another boat of the same caliber. This story (much of it none of our business) has a long way to go,several more chapters. The support from his wife is incredible and telling.
Also,RD stepping up personally helping out a member is nothing new.

Singleton

Reaction score
Well,there is no doubt the owner of that boat had & has the talents needed to purchase that boat. Next up not much doubt he will build another boat of the same caliber. This story (much of it none of our business) has a long way to go,several more chapters. The support from his wife is incredible and telling.
Also,RD stepping up personally helping out a member is nothing new.

While the owner can build another one and I hope he does. I am not sure he will.
IMO, That type of accident can really ruin your mojo and make you question what type of family boating you want to do.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Start out with glad all are safe. Back in the day when one of groups car would mysteriously end up in a ditch or a planter, some one would get a call to go back and get the......( Fill in the blank) out of the trunk) glove box. All before cell phone cameras.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Best picture I could find for this thread…….

Attachments

• CBF88BBF-8500-4787-B880-3CAC3BA27B7E.gif
    CBF88BBF-8500-4787-B880-3CAC3BA27B7E.gif
    626.7 KB · Views: 74

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
For fuks sake. Who cares if pic deleted

I can absolutely relate. When I totaled my sandrail In Glamis. There was real time footage pics and video posted all over the internet.
I could have very easily lost my life from the crazy violent crash I had. Luckily was solo in car and survived with out major injuries.
Instantly people were making assumptions.
Car had well over 150k into it. And many hands were involved in the build.
There was a cause found pretty quick.
Calls were made to parties involved and we all agreed shut down the online frenzy. Keep on the DL to save face for everyone.
Collectively we got all pics, videos etc all deleted and gone from online existence.
Got the car out of glamis, transported middle of the night for less chance of freeway posts, stored it in a warehouse offsite from most prying eyes.
No insurance to get involved on high dollar sand toys. They max out at damn near what motors cost alone.
In the end car was rebuilt by all parties involved. We all survived and were all still friends. Carry on you nosey fucks

What happened to boat, pics, etc is no ones business.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
While the owner can build another one and I hope he does. I am not sure he will.
IMO, That type of accident can really ruin your mojo and make you question what type of family boating you want to do.

Seems as if he was not going too terribly fast when all this went down..

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It separated the deck beyond the helm. Everything behind the helm is gone.

Thats like a RZR cage folding in on itself from a rock crawl flop on its side.

Maybe they should have laminated a couple bolts into the layup.

I have no facts on this but I don’t see everyone surviving if he was going 90+..

Singleton

Reaction score
Seems as if he was not going too terribly fast when all this went down..

Maybe, but end of day I think it makes you question your next boat.
My son had a major quad accident (life flight, emergency surgery, 10 days in ICU, etc), when he was 13. 7 years later, I still can’t get him on a quad and the enjoyment he had on quads is gone. He wants nothing to do with off-roading now. Sad to see, since he loved it from age 5 when papa started riding them with him.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Maybe they should have laminated a couple bolts into the layup.

I have no facts on this but I don’t see everyone surviving if he was going 90+..

I see what you did there lol

I don’t want to speculate but if that’s damage from a low speed spin I’ve got concerns.

Good news is that everyone walked away essentially.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I see what you did there lol

I don’t want to speculate but if that’s damage from a low speed spin I’ve got concerns.

Good news is that everyone walked away essentially.

Neighbor came out of a Skater at 80 and they lived but were F’ed up.

Seems if you can exit the boat at a survivable speed without bouncing off everything on your way out, you stand a good chance of a positive outcome.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Seems if you can exit the boat at a survivable speed without bouncing off everything on your way out, you stand a good chance of a positive outcome.

Did his deck separate?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Remind me to never screw up! Fkn lynch mob in here. He crashed, no major injuries, nobody that’s posted to this point has 2 dollars vested in the outcome of investigation, or reasoning of incident.

There are Prius crashed everyday at all speeds, there are Ferrari’s crashed everyday at all speeds. The object crashed, or location crashed makes zero impact on the end result.

My favorite part of all of the “I want to know” “I think this” “this matters because” crowd in here are guys with sub 100mph vessels that haven’t a fkn clue what can/does/will happen when piloting fast shit.

Stick to adding pretty billet shit to your 496HO resin bucket, and spend less time/energy babbling about a boat you’ve most likely never seen, let alone owned/driven something similar!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Remind me to never screw up! Fkn lynch mob in here. He crashed, no major injuries, nobody that’s posted to this point has 2 dollars vested in the outcome of investigation, or reasoning of incident.

There are Prius crashed everyday at all speeds, there are Ferrari’s crashed everyday at all speeds. The object crashed, or location crashed makes zero impact on the end result.

My favorite part of all of the “I want to know” “I think this” “this matters because” crowd in here are guys with sub 100mph vessels that haven’t a fkn clue what can/does/will happen when piloting fast shit.

Stick to adding pretty billet shit to your 496HO resin bucket, and spend less time/energy babbling about a boat you’ve most likely never seen, let alone owned/driven something similar!

Easy there Fauci. That’s a lot of assumptions made about who’s watching this thread.

RD will likely shut it down soon and all our concerns will disappear, poof.

gqchris

Reaction score
At least the owner lives to be able to now do the damage control this accident will bring. He is obviously a smart guy to be successful and own a half million dollar toy. This next chapter is going to be not so fun for him. Part of this aftermath is whats happening here. Get all pics and info muted. Because there is going to be a shitstorm of things to sort out I assume. Rdp has huge google rank and its no surpise to start here.

Beats the alternative though.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Man RDP has gone full woke. What’s next a mandatory diversity inclusion class? Talk about full sensor ship.

Look a picture of a eliminator torn up!!! Guess I am going to get banned now for posting a boat accident picture on a boating website

Attachments

• 87060001-2FC5-4E05-88B3-4495CA2686FE.jpeg
    87060001-2FC5-4E05-88B3-4495CA2686FE.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 883EE9CD-6597-4D91-A718-50BC6ECADE76.jpeg
    883EE9CD-6597-4D91-A718-50BC6ECADE76.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 230
  • CCD78DA2-8BC8-4842-A142-A2606DDEC543.jpeg
    CCD78DA2-8BC8-4842-A142-A2606DDEC543.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 6FFA36C3-DD3C-444E-8881-9BD0A8E67AAA.jpeg
    6FFA36C3-DD3C-444E-8881-9BD0A8E67AAA.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 3E200A9B-D9A8-4278-93A0-593D701DA8CA.jpeg
    3E200A9B-D9A8-4278-93A0-593D701DA8CA.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 0D20FFDF-9271-4C20-9696-B1AC3DC16F72.jpeg
    0D20FFDF-9271-4C20-9696-B1AC3DC16F72.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 250
  • B485A1F6-E3B5-4E13-95B1-36D7A770A31A.jpeg
    B485A1F6-E3B5-4E13-95B1-36D7A770A31A.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 238
  • D3934165-F4F3-4510-A9A7-7EB867A19988.jpeg
    D3934165-F4F3-4510-A9A7-7EB867A19988.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 239
  • BEE920EF-59E5-45E3-B19F-EBB6BBDD8408.jpeg
    BEE920EF-59E5-45E3-B19F-EBB6BBDD8408.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 452581E0-9213-43F3-972B-03BFEE2B9AF6.jpeg
    452581E0-9213-43F3-972B-03BFEE2B9AF6.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 222
  • 0D6E80FA-842B-482B-AAB4-B414C2D39B46.jpeg
    0D6E80FA-842B-482B-AAB4-B414C2D39B46.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 246

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Man RDP has gone full woke. What’s next a mandatory diversity inclusion class? Talk about full sensor ship.

Look a picture of a eliminator torn up!!! Guess I am going to get banned now for posting a boat accident picture on a boating website

Thats terrible, hope everyone is ok

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

It’s not an epic thread until LOF post about 5 responses per page…we’re getting close boys!

On MOST threads:confused:, he is a Moderator You Know:rolleyes:

DWC

Reaction score

It’s censorship Ian.. not sensor ship. Pretty sure that’s radar.
On a separate note.. If i ever roll a boat, i would hope that the pics don’t get posted until after everything is cleared up. Insurance, lawsuits, etc.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
It’s censorship Ian.. not sensor ship. Pretty sure that’s radar.
On a separate note.. If i ever roll a boat, i would hope that the pics don’t get posted until after everything is cleared up. Insurance, lawsuits, etc.
Haha sorry this was early in the morning half asleep.

As far as the boat. I was first on seen. This was a few years ago. Up in needles. Guy was hauling ass 70+ brand new deck boat and hit a wake surfing wake and stuffed it. All passengers flew out and drive stayed in. No body was seriously hurt.

My point was is Dave going to censor me because I posted a boating accident? Dear lord quit being the gestapo and truly be a collection of ideas inputs and thoughts regardless of content.

I guess hypocritical comes to mind when I see this thread

Reactions: DWC

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Bpracing1127 when was that holy shit! That looks like up by Jack smith or needles marina.
This past weekend I could see how that can happen. 3 boats motors off just floating someone not paying attention that could happen pretty quick.

These won’t get taken down. Because I’ve never seen that boat on the cool speedster crews ig

@ONE-A-DAY what do you mean it’s not an eliminator?

Sherpa

Reaction score
that boat is tore up.... glad everyone survived. that's not the result of a 30 mph "spin out"........ thats big air-time followed by submarine sponson time.
the "i assume driver-owner" of the boat has a big bruise on his right torso.... ouch. I wouldn't run that hard (like they do in beaumont) having kids or
a pregnant wife onboard myself, but then my little tournament boat only goes 40 flat out which I only get to do for a punch once in a great while.

I've been worse black and blue like that and I know the pain associated with it.........

as for comments about 'nobody take or post pics" until insurance payout/hospital out of picture, etc. doubtful. everyone carries a cell phone
with a camera now. dozens of pics posted of everything within minutes of the issue.

DWC

Reaction score
Haha sorry this was early in the morning half asleep.

As far as the boat. I was first on seen. This was a few years ago. Up in needles. Guy was hauling ass 70+ brand new deck boat and hit a wake surfing wake and stuffed it. All passengers flew out and drive stayed in. No body was seriously hurt.

My point was is Dave going to censor me because I posted a boating accident? Dear lord quit being the gestapo and truly be a collection of ideas inputs and thoughts regardless of content.

I guess hypocritical comes to mind when I see this thread
I know, just messing with you. It could be argued that there was something to be learned on the deck boat crash. The lack of facts leading to the latest crash means there isn’t much to learn. That and there are tons of deck boat owners on RDP where the 33’ crowd is pretty limited. The lessons are as transferable. The pics were there for those that were curious to see what it looked like. Didn’t serve a purpose. Doesn’t befront me that they’re gonn

I do still think my premium membership plus thousands in RDP MERCH purchases should allow me one free delete of my choice though.

oldschool

Reaction score
Glad everyone was OK. SO, this boat was repaired and the sponson that came apart was the part that was previously damaged and repaired?