WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Accident

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Today, September 24th 2016, a subject driving a dark colored BMW, was traveling South on State Route 95, outside of Parker. The driver made a very poor decision and tried to pass several vehicles at once. As oncoming traffic approached, the BMW didn't have enough room to make it back to his/her lane. This forced a Northbound vehicle off of the roadway. The "victim vehicle" then over corrected and crossed back into the oncoming lane, striking a semi truck head on. The two victims died instantly and the BMW continued without providing aid or even stopping.

If you or someone you know has information that may identify the driver of the BMW, please contact Arizona State Patrol or La Paz County Central Dispatch.

The names of the victims have not been released.

Mrs.Racer277

SOCIAL
Reaction score
Today, September 24th 2016, a subject driving a dark colored BMW, was traveling South on State Route 95, outside of Parker. The driver made a very poor decision and tried to pass several vehicles at once. As oncoming traffic approached, the BMW didn't have enough room to make it back to his/her lane. This forced a Northbound vehicle off of the roadway. The "victim vehicle" then over corrected and crossed back into the oncoming lane, striking a semi truck head on. The two victims died instantly and the BMW continued without providing aid or even stopping.

If you or someone you know has information that may identify the driver of the BMW, please contact Arizona State Patrol or La Paz County Central Dispatch.

The names of the victims have not been released.

Very Sad RIP

minijeep

Reaction score
So sad! I was almost the big rig portion of this a few years back towing a trailer when a suburb decided to pass just before glamis!

TCHB

Reaction score
Did they every find out the Black BWM?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Does the DPS have some kind of warrant out on this idiot? Hopefully they are caught and charged......Horrible situation.

Dettom

Reaction score
That's going to be tough to solve. Can't issue a warrant till you identify the driver. Someone's gonna have to turn him in unless there is some surveillance video in Parker that might have caught a plate. Only a real shit bird would cause an accident like that and keep going. Totally preventable.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
That's going to be tough to solve. Can't issue a warrant till you identify the driver. Someone's gonna have to turn him in unless there is some surveillance video in Parker that might have caught a plate. Only a real shit bird would cause an accident like that and keep going. Totally preventable.

An idiot like that may not have even seen the carnage he caused. Hopefully someone got something to track him down.:grumble:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

When something similar happened to me and I over corrected and ended up in the center divider cement wall. I was basically told by the cops and the insurance I was SOL because no contact was made by the other driver even though witnesses said what had happened.(Yes he knew what he caused and kept on going) Not sure how it works in AZ. or if this has changed in Ca..

So sad:(

jones performance

Reaction score
rip, sad deal..

kinda makes you think what you would do in that scenario... take your chances with the bmw head on vs semi truck..

TCHB

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons we stopped using Rice Road. We saw way too many horrible accidents over the years on the two lane highway. Passing at high speeds in blind areas is never good but people seem to do it all the time.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
rip, sad deal..

kinda makes you think what you would do in that scenario... take your chances with the bmw head on vs semi truck..
Driving two lane highways its always on my mind. I've always told myself not to try correcting back onto the road but just to go off the road.
Over correcting on the soft shoulder will always throw you back across the road, if not onto oncoming traffic the likeliness of a rollover is extremely high.

AEA

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons we stopped using Rice Road. We saw way too many horrible accidents over the years on the two lane highway. Passing at high speeds in blind areas is never good but people seem to do it all the time.

Yup. When one chooses to take this road they expose themselves to a higher risk than available alternatives.

jones performance

Reaction score
Driving two lane highways its always on my mind. I've always told myself not to try correcting back onto the road but just to go off the road.
Over correcting on the soft shoulder will always throw you back across the road, if not onto oncoming traffic the likeliness of a rollover is extremely high.

agreed.. maybe clipping the asshat that forces you to ditch it as well so they are more likely to stop than run ;)

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Trust me you dont have time to think about what to do. You're just steering for your life. Had this happen to me on the way to spangler new years morning. Only 4 people on the road. All at the same place at the ssme time. I still get ptsd just thinking about it.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Trust me you dont have time to think about what to do. You're just steering for your life. Had this happen to me on the way to spangler new years morning. Only 4 people on the road. All at the same place at the ssme time. I still get ptsd just thinking about it.

So very true, you just react. Then realize you are in a oh fuck situation.