WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Active shooter Del Amo mall

NicPaus

Reaction score
Customer is on lock down at the mall. Active shooter in Macy's. Headed back towards job site by there now.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I work in Torrance and can hear the birds flying over. Just sent out a company wide email blast as we frequent the mall for lunch.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Crazy. Spent a lot of time there when I was a young wsuwrhr

NicPaus

Reaction score
Buzzing with choppers. 10 units just raced by that way.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Rut roh....surprised the wife isn't all over this...we're from Torrance. Del Amo was our old stomping grounds..lol....hope it works out.

weasle

Reaction score
One person shot and transported. Officers are clearing the mall. The suspect fled the area.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We need more good Americans carrying to end these effing piece of shits lives before any gets the chance to dial 911.

When word gets out that you will get smoked by a good guy before you even pull the trigger this type of shit will stop real quick.

Crazymofo

Reaction score
Sad, very sad. So komifornia has the stiffest gun laws in the country, yet probably has the most illegal guns as well in the country. But the law abiding citizens who could pass a background check and carry and possibly stop this kind of matter is squelched by the *demoncrats* who really dont want to help the average citizen stay safe. It's the most immoral so called justice. I ask the question, why dont they stop the illegal smuggling of guns into the country? Why dont "they the government" start going into these (usually) low income neighborhoods, projects, hoods whatever you want to call them and do illegal gun contŕol sweeps? Probably illegal I suppose, or makes to much sense. But here we go again, guns are bad and nobody is responsible.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Uh yeah. That's only an active shooter in the eyes of the media who will blow anything up for a headline. To the regulars, it's called a gun shot victim.

What's the current demo in central Torrance these days? If anything like central Hawthorne, this would be a daily occurrence. Anyone been to the Hawthorne Mall lately? Oh yeah. Gang warfare shut it down.

rvrrun

Reaction score
??????????
So if I get this right, you blast off a couple rounds and the whole place will shut down?

BRB, I'm going down to the river and fire off a few .40s.

Parker's closed, Folks.
:D
It's still locked down, and no vehicles are being released from the lots until they have been checked.

Icky

Reaction score
Pretty sure someone tried that last year down by the bluewater:eek:
??????????
So if I get this right, you blast off a couple rounds and the whole place will shut down?

BRB, I'm going down to the river and fire off a few .40s.

Parker's closed, Folks.
:D

NicPaus

Reaction score
What's the current demo in central Torrance these days? If anything like central Hawthorne, this would be a daily occurrence. Anyone been to the Hawthorne Mall lately? Oh yeah. Gang warfare shut it down.

Central Torrance is about as safe as it gets. They are on it when needed. I would say 3-5 minute response time. House prices booming. No thugs walking down the street no pan handlers or homeless. No comparison to Hawthorne. My Buddy is Hawthorne PD not that bad a few rough areas. I know he made the news few years back had to put one in a thugs head.

My house is 1 block out of Torrance but Torrance address. No comparison 45 minutes the fastest I have seen in response time up to 8 hours when I call. Like walking across the border when you cross Western.

I would buy my old house back in Torrance as its still a dirt lot. Sold it cause they would not let me develop it. New owner tore it down to build but no new builds approved. Building in Torrance has become ridiculous. 2111 Andreo had Adobe foundation needed to be bulldozed as was my plan. They declared historic so I sold. Been that way for at least 8 years sitting. City will not approve new build.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Central Torrance is about as safe as it gets. They are on it when needed. I would say 3-5 minute response time. House prices booming. No thugs walking down the street no pan handlers or homeless. No comparison to Hawthorne. My Buddy is Hawthorne PD not that bad a few rough areas. I know he made the news few years back had to put one in a thugs head.

My house is 1 block out of Torrance but Torrance address. No comparison 45 minutes the fastest I have seen in response time up to 8 hours when I call. Like walking across the border when you cross Western.

I would buy my old house back in Torrance as its still a dirt lot. Sold it cause they would not let me develop it. New owner tore it down to build but no new builds approved. Building in Torrance has become ridiculous. 2111 Andreo had Adobe foundation needed to be bulldozed as was my plan. They declared historic so I sold. Been that way for at least 8 years sitting. City will not approve new build.
Lol....East Side Torrance eh.....orale...:D

TCHB

Reaction score
You want to move back nice 2 bed 1 bath fixer just listed for 600k. Or on little Normandie they have new track houses that back up to normandie with no yard for $890K.
South Bay has always been expensive. I started my SCE career in Redondo Beach and it was about 25% more expensive than HB. To this day it still is more expensive than HB.

Your ad here

Reaction score
You want to move back nice 2 bed 1 bath fixer just listed for 600k. Or on little Normandie they have new track houses that back up to normandie with no yard for $890K.
Holy Shit!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
South Bay has always been expensive. I started my SCE career in Redondo Beach and it was about 25% more expensive than HB. To this day it still is more expensive than HB.

Very true

I don't know how South Bay people put up with the traffic, or being so close to bonafide gang violence. It's an island when a major event occurs.

Active shooter in LA County is a shooting suspect in a large public venue. Don't get wrapped around the axle if it's a gang on gang crime or a terror attack. The issue is a gun man has fired rounds in a crowded area. A gang member running away who's killed his target isn't worried about taking out anyone in his way, hence the response and the responsibility of the responding agencies to clear the site until 100% positive the suspect is gone.

You don't want to be the follow up guy taking the report when bad guy pops up from a supposedly "cleared" area. Ask me how I know, lol. Beats any other rush, that's for sure lol.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
So was this a "crime of passion"?

Girl arguing with guy, 2nd guy shows and shoots first guy is all I've read.....

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Lmao...fuck that shit...that's why we left there. And that's for LA strip....aka Torrance mailing address. I dont get it man. Who the fuck affords those places too and moves there? Everything seems old down there too. Only place I'd consider down there would be South Torrance...I'd imagine those prices are nuts.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Lmao...fuck that shit...that's why we left there. And that's for LA strip....aka Torrance mailing address. I dont get it man. Who the fuck affords those places too and moves there? Everything seems old down there too. Only place I'd consider down there would be South Torrance...I'd imagine those prices are nuts.
The one I am working on in South Torrance will sell for around 2 mill when done. A new one on same block went for 3mill in Riviera. Crazy south Torrance house my Dad built when we were kids is probably 1.2 . Realtor just sold a fixer for 900k same area. That one I just fixed up 3 b 2b rented for $5200 a month by rocket ship park.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I miss me some Torrance, Hawthorne, West, DelAmo.

Good times

rvrrun

Reaction score
The one I am working on in South Torrance will sell for around 2 mill when done. A new one on same block went for 3mill in Riviera. Crazy south Torrance house my Dad built when we were kids is probably 1.2 . Realtor just sold a fixer for 900k same area. That one I just fixed up 3 b 2b rented for $5200 a month by rocket ship park.
It's getting crazy, the one on the corner across from me just sold for $1.2. My parents are still in P.V. and thought the neighbors up the street were insane for listing at $1.5, I'll bet it goes for more.

Andy B.

Reaction score

Good times

Back in 89 I had my truck stolen in Torrance less than a 1/2 mile from a sheriff's sub station fuck that place!!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Sorry about your truck getting stolen.

Beverly Hills even has a police dept for a reason as well.

Back in 89 I had my truck stolen in Torrance less than a 1/2 mile from a sheriff's sub station fuck that place!!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I don't ever recall there being sheriffs in Torrance. LA county is Sheriffs there only at the court house.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I don't ever recall there being sheriffs in Torrance. LA county is Sheriffs there only at the court house.
The only sub station I know of is a few blocks south of PCH headed up to the country club and reservoir. I'm pretty sure that's still Lomita, but the border between Torrance and Lomita is zigs and zags a bit. The only way I can tell is by looking at the color of the street signs.

Andy B.

Reaction score

i don't know if it was a sub station or not but I could see the lighted signed from the street when the police arrived I remember because it took them 30 minutes to get there, they might have not come from there but I saw the lighted sign and I wasn't drinking lol! I could have swore it said sheriff and not police.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I recall the sign being green and white if that helps 30 years has past but i'm pretty sure. Disclaimer i'm not knocking the police they have a tough crazy job!!

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Yea.....that Sheriff station is off PCH.....near Pennsylvania I believe......that's Lomita....near Torrance border. Pretty sure PCH/Crenshaw is the border just NW is there.

Sandlord

Reaction score
any update on the shooting?
I was born and raised a few blocks west of the mall. Spent my first 24 years living, schooling, and working West of the mall. Never liked going East of it.
watched them build it. Left in 84.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Shooter got away. Guy shot Probably not a Torrance resident as nobody I know recognized him. Said he will fully recover.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I live in South Torrance and I’m quite happy with the value of my home thank you very much. :p

I bet my little open bow jet boat is worth 50K too!:cool:

rvrrun

Reaction score
My wife just called asking if there was more to this on the news. She said there are choppers in the air and Carson is shut down near the mall. I can't believe there is still that much going on unless they found something.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Read someone robbed black Angus. Gas station across street shutdown. One response was it was related to yesterday but no confirmation.

TCHB

Reaction score
In Havasu yesterday about 5pm Acoma was a mess with accidents. Police and fire going everywhere.

Sandlord

Reaction score
they Found the gun in the bushes at black angus and arrested 2 people at Carson St and Madrona, just east of the mall.
the 2 may not be the shooter, but accessories

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

Good times

All I know, is that my last apartment in Hawthorne didn't have the address painted on the roof in 10 foot letters when I lived there. Two blocks from the mall. (which also wasn't there, at the time)