WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Actress Naya Rivera Missing After Swimming In Lake Piru With 4-Year-Old Son

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
LAKE PIRU (CBSLA) — Authorities were searching for actress Naya Rivera Wednesday night after her 4-year-old son was found floating alone on a rented boat in Lake Piru.

Ventura County Sheriff’s Department officials say they are searching for 33-year-old actress Naya Rivera after finding her 4-year-old son alone on a boat Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department, Rivera rented the boat at about 1 p.m. About three hours later, another boater found the child in the boat by himself.

The boaters notified officials who immediately began a search for Rivera with the use of helicopters, drones and dive teams.

The child was said to be unharmed and told investigators that he and his mother were swimming, but his mother never got back into the boat.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sad deal, regardless of the how or why. I wonder what kind of boat, and how a 4yo got back in.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Sad deal, regardless of the how or why. I wonder what kind of boat, and how a 4yo got back in.

It was a pontoon boat. Apparently the kid said they were swimming and his mom never got back in the boat. I read another article that said the kid was wearing a life vest.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Sad deal just watched the news. News report said they found the kid asleep on the boat later in the afternoon when the boat wasnt returned on time.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
So sad. Poor little kid and terrible for his mother.

WYRD

Reaction score
Seem a little odd that a mom would take a 4y/o out alone on a rental boat. Not saying it couldn't happen but that is usually something you do with friends or family along. Could be foul play involved. Either way sad for the mother and tramatic for the toddler

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Seem a little odd that a mom would take a 4y/o out alone on a rental boat. Not saying it couldn't happen but that is usually something you do with friends or family along. Could be foul play involved. Either way sad for the mother and tramatic for the toddler

I read her bio trying to figure out who she is, not a big Glee fan unlike many of the men on here I guess. She was a single mom, having been a single dad you really try to do fun things on those days you have the kid, I get what she was thinking. Lots of drama in her life, couple divorces, and bad relationships, she was arrested for spousal abuse, etc.

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Obviously the kid is the prime suspect.

Freakin tragic for the kid. Can you imagine what he was thinking? He'll never go near the damn water again.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
She was a single mom, but had also been married to the same guy twice, and arrested for assaulting him before the last divorce.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Just odd. Poor kid.

gqchris

Reaction score
When I read this story this morning, my first thought is she jumped in to swim with no PFD, wind took the boat away, she gassed out trying to get back. Just like the family in Havasu a few years back. Sad Sad deal and the kids have to witness this as their parents try to stay alive.

cxr

Reaction score
When I read this story this morning, my first thought is she jumped in to swim with no PFD, wind took the boat away, she gassed out trying to get back. Just like the family in Havasu a few years back. Sad Sad deal and the kids have to witness this as their parents try to stay alive.

Yes this is probbaly what happened , fairly common. wife always asks why i dont jump in when everyone is in the water during stops and i always tell this this is the exact reason why. Someone thats able to operate the boat should always be on board.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes this is probbaly what happened , fairly common. wife always asks why i dont jump in when everyone is in the water during stops and i always tell this this is the exact reason why. Someone thats able to operate the boat should always be on board.

I always jump in while holding the ladder for that reason, you never know, strong swimmer or not, all you need is a leg cramp and your screwed.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Been there and done that, I didn't think I was gonna make it....never again.

Last edited:

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
As a single mom, who doesn't boat on her own, this is such a strange story....
First: why would she rent a huge pontoon boat for just her and her son? Seems a bit overkill. And what if she's not a frequent boater?
Second: Again, to maneuver a boat alone, while trying to watch a 4 year old?
Hmm... sad deal. I hope it wasn't foul play. Likey a medical emergency while swimming?

WYRD

Reaction score
First: why would she rent a huge pontoon boat for just her and her son? Seems a bit overkill. And what if she's not a frequent boater?
Hmm... sad deal. I hope it wasn't foul play. Likey a medical emergency while swimming?
That's what I was thinking too. I could see a mom taking a kid to the lake or beach alone but not renting a pontoon for the day. I think there's more to the story imo. Still my heart goes out to the kid to be abandoned like that for hours all alone, heartbreaking:(

gqchris

Reaction score

I agree, there is some strangeness as to her renting the boat alone.

2Driver

Reaction score

Yeah me too. Seems that it's not uncommon.

I saved a guy without a pfd on when his jet ski floated off by wind. He was midlake from Windsor in November, we were the only boat on the lake. When we got to him he had about a minute left until he would have been gone

DomesticDrifter

Reaction score
This is so sad. We were just there last weekend camping and also rented a pontoon. She probably rented a pontoon because they have bimini’s for shade, the only other boats they rent are 14’ aluminum fishing skiffs with no shade.

sintax

Reaction score

I kind of was wondering about this myself. It did seem a bit odd, but maybe she was just going to do an impromptu lake day with the kid? But why not invite SOMEONE? Hard to know for sure I guess.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yep

My wife and both kids can run and operate the boat. They all have their boaters license too

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too. I could see a mom taking a kid to the lake or beach alone but not renting a pontoon for the day. I think there's more to the story imo. Still my heart goes out to the kid to be abandoned like that for hours all alone, heartbreaking:(

This is so sad. We were just there last weekend camping and also rented a pontoon. She probably rented a pontoon because they have bimini’s for shade, the only other boats they rent are 14’ aluminum fishing skiffs with no shade.

I agree a mom could MOST definitely operate a boat on her own... but one would assume then she owned a boat, and was familiar with her boat.
Super sad. They are moving to a recovery phase.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Well, there is this pandemic thing going on that would, for many people, preclude taking a bunch of people out on a boat especially in Kommiefornia.

As for the size of the poontoon perhaps that's the only size they rent?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I read her bio trying to figure out who she is, not a big Glee fan unlike many of the men on here I guess. She was a single mom, having been a single dad you really try to do fun things on those days you have the kid, I get what she was thinking. Lots of drama in her life, couple divorces, and bad relationships, she was arrested for spousal abuse, etc.

This is a sad deal all around, but that chick does look bat shit crazy.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Karma?

Maybe she just couldn't wait to see Kobe?

Hopefully whoever ends up with the kid is a good role model.

Heylam

Reaction score
Funny (actually sad) on how much compassion towards the poor soul whom they just located in Havasu, yet be cold and heartless about this victim who’s leaving a son motherless.
Weird place this RDP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WYRD

Reaction score
Funny (actually sad) on how much compassion towards the poor soul whom they just located in Havasu, yet be cold and heartless about this victim who’s leaving a son motherless.
Weird place this RDP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing cold and heartless about how I feel for either scenario

gqchris

Reaction score
This is a sad deal all around, but that chick does look bat shit crazy.

She was hot when Big Sean was tagging it. But he made many songs about their break up , including "I Dont Fuck with You!". So I can assume you are correct on the crazy part!

big-sean-naya-rivera-compressed.jpg

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Sad story for sure. Sounds to me like the Mom was looking to entertain her kid. Nothing strange about that.

Here is some Lake Piru Trivia.......

Lake Piru was closed for several years in the early eighties because they found that someone had released Pirahna into the lake. True story. I was one of the first to boat it when it reopened. Approx 1984.... can’t remember exactly, but it was definitely closed due to Pirahna.